hjr
05-13-2004, 02:10 PM
mopac perhaps

ramminghard
05-14-2004, 02:28 AM
Anyone else?

Strider
05-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Try looking under the name "AC Delco Synchromesh" or "GM Synchromesh"... I'm led to believe that they are all the same.

w3apon
05-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Yep "AC Delco Synchromesh" = "GM Synchromesh" = "Penzoil Synchromesh"

You can get it at the service department in GM Dealerships.

Not sure what car you want to use it on but you might need to get a bottle of Friction Modifier to go with it. It's a very tiny bottle and you can get it at Mitsubishi, it works wonders.

I found that Synchromesh and the Friction modifier made my shifts smooth as butter when it use to be a bit grindy.

Weapon_R
05-15-2004, 04:08 AM
Delco Synchromesh is available at CMP for sure - i'm running it right now, and it runs great. I will be trying Synchromesh Friction Modified as soon as I find someone willing to ship it to me from the states.

3G
08-03-2005, 11:36 PM
sorry for bringing up an old thread, didnt wanna start a new one? If I get this stuff, do I empty everything out from my tranny and pour this in? Approx. how much would I need for a 91 Accord :dunno:

Khyron
08-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I dumped 2 bottles into my Jetta tranny and it's was an improvement. Any GM dealership, 8 bucks or so? I forget.

Khyron

3G
08-03-2005, 11:51 PM
How would I empty my tranny fluid? and do I just pour it into my master cylinder?

Frick I should go put my hanes manual to good use lol

Khyron
08-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 3G
How would I empty my tranny fluid? and do I just pour it into my master cylinder?

Frick I should go put my hanes manual to good use lol

I am an idiot about engines and that first sentence still made my eyebrows raise.

It's just tranny fluid, drain it and replace it. There will be a drain bolt somewhere - definately read your manual. I also wouldn't do it unless other 91 accord owners say it's working well.

Khyron

Weapon_R
08-04-2005, 12:44 AM
You would empty your transmission by opening the drain plug and draining the old transmission oil out, and then putting the new oil in the fill spout. The drain plug is likely behind your plastic splash guard behind your passenger wheel. It has nothing to do with the master cylinder :rofl:

You will need 3 bottles, but your car will likely only take about 2.5. As mentioned, you can only get AC Delco Synchromesh here, but you want to get the Friction Modifed stuff. Either get that small bottle from the Mitsu dealers, or hit up honda-tech.com and find someone selling the GM synchromesh Friction modifed.