PDA

View Full Version : Vtec head

lsvetc
10-16-2002, 07:53 PM
I have a GSR head and LS bottom. To put it together I need to drill holes, plug up some old ones, and wire to the ecu. Who can do that good in calgary. Oh and Nicole ows me chocolate milk! Gavin call her!

Speed_RaSiR
10-17-2002, 08:27 AM
Nelson\Tunerworks. Did my friends LS\VTEC, works great:thumbsup:

legendboy
10-17-2002, 08:48 AM
Nelson doesn't work at Tunerworks.

Speed_RaSiR
10-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Nelson doesn't work at Tunerworks.

It was a while ago,

legendboy
10-17-2002, 10:52 AM
lsvtec, if u want this done pm me and I'll put you in touch with someone who can do it.

Weapon_R
10-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Are ls/vtec setups reliable?

max_boost
10-17-2002, 03:53 PM
What does Nelson do now adays? Maybe he be interested in doing the job anyway....

speedrasir....is that what really happens when VTEC kicks in? hehe:rofl: :thumbsup:

shadowz
10-17-2002, 05:41 PM
Call up Allan @zeal 2772977, or Pat @yoko hes using one right now! 2308984

ls/vtec-crx
10-17-2002, 05:42 PM
I can do it for you we've done 4 in town already but with my experience they are reliable. But they don't make good power unless you really build they up, if you are going N/A. But if your throwing a turbo on it, that will be awesome.

My experience it's a waste of time. We are running an ls/vtec with Type R pistons
Type R oil pump
AEM CAI
Tanabe Exhuast
it only runs 15.0 @ 91mph. That was the same time with his b16a.

If you want N/A power buys pistons, cams and a skunk2 intake manifold. And you for sure have to get hondata because there is no stock ecu in the world that would run that motor to it's potential.

lsvetc
10-17-2002, 09:14 PM
yeah, I'm gonna turbo the crap out of it. Hey ls/vtch-crx, how much will you charge for installation

redline
10-18-2002, 08:22 AM
how many of the LS/VTEC setups that were down in town are still running? And what problems have they incountered?

If you are going to turbo just do a b16 and rev it a little higher. You will can make the same HP in a b16 to a b18 the only difference are a little bit of TQ. And since you plan to turbo TQ will not be much of an issue.

Speed_RaSiR
10-18-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx
I can do it for you we've done 4 in town already but with my experience they are reliable. But they don't make good power unless you really build they up, if you are going N/A. But if your throwing a turbo on it, that will be awesome.

My experience it's a waste of time. We are running an ls/vtec with Type R pistons
Type R oil pump
AEM CAI
Tanabe Exhuast
it only runs 15.0 @ 91mph. That was the same time with his b16a.

If you want N/A power buys pistons, cams and a skunk2 intake manifold. And you for sure have to get hondata because there is no stock ecu in the world that would run that motor to it's potential.

yo Allan, what kind of gains can you get from upgraded Pistons?

ls/vtec-crx
10-18-2002, 01:33 PM
all the setups that we've done are still running except for mine which unfortunate. running properly with stock ecu.

Originally posted by redline
how many of the LS/VTEC setups that were down in town are still running? And what problems have they incountered?

If you are going to turbo just do a b16 and rev it a little higher. You will can make the same HP in a b16 to a b18 the only difference are a little bit of TQ. And since you plan to turbo TQ will not be much of an issue.

ls/vtec-crx
10-18-2002, 01:34 PM
higher compression for more power

Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

yo Allan, what kind of gains can you get from upgraded Pistons?

ls/vtec-crx
10-18-2002, 01:39 PM
If your going to turbo it you might as well just do a crv/tec with a b20b. you can easily run between 300-350hp to the wheels. the compression on that block is 8.5:1

Originally posted by lsvetc
yeah, I'm gonna turbo the crap out of it. Hey ls/vtch-crx, how much will you charge for installation

redline
10-18-2002, 04:53 PM
If your going to turbo it you might as well just do a crv/tec with a b20b. you can easily run between 300-350hp to the wheels. the compression on that block is 8.5:1

at those power levels i would not except the sleeves to last for more then a year before one cracks and you blow the engine.

redline
10-18-2002, 04:57 PM
all the setups that we've done are still running except for mine which unfortunate. running properly with stock ecu.

and what about greg's? and how many head gaskets have people went through? :thumbsup:

and
what about the costs to do all the machine work + buying blocks and head vs buy a straight VTEC engine??

ls/vtec-crx
10-22-2002, 11:17 AM
gregs was fine after we replaced the block. the only reason we had to do that was because who ever built stripped every arp stud that they put in except for two of them. so we got another block which cost nothing and transfered all the internals from that his block to the new block which costed $40.

the cost is alot cheaper than buying like a type r motor or gs-r motor.

Originally posted by redline

and what about greg's? and how many head gaskets have people went through? :thumbsup:

and
what about the costs to do all the machine work + buying blocks and head vs buy a straight VTEC engine??