10-16-2002, 08:28 PM
The first one:
-1988 CRX Si
-253,000km
-Extensive rust on driver side rear wheel well, and a little rust elsewhere
-one of the CV boots needs replacing soon
-bald tires
-1 busted headlight

Otherwise, the car is in really good shape for an 88, the engine is still strong, and the car is completely stock. $3000 obo. I think I could bring it down to $2500.

The second one:
-1990 CRX Si
-175,000km
-patched up rust on the rear wheel wells (bondo is starting to crack)
-1 year old paint job (but not a quality paint job)
-lowering springs on new OEM shocks

The car looks good and is in good shape. The guy selling it knows a lot about CRXes, drives a 400+hp 300ZX (got to ride in that!), and is a really cool guy. I told him about Beyond. $6900 obo. I want to bring it down to $6000, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Which one do you think is better? And would you tell me to keep looking, or should I go for it?

max_boost
10-16-2002, 08:38 PM
Hmmmm.....I definitely would not go for the first one

The second one I would pay around $5k

LaughingTiger
10-16-2002, 08:48 PM
1990....175k......only worth about 5k.... keep looking... bad time to buy though..

Redlyne_mr2
10-16-2002, 09:08 PM
people who try to get 6500 for a bondoed up crx are on crack and 3000 fora rusted out one...fuck that keep looking, maybe you should expand your horizons jeff, for some reason albertans think that crx's are worth their weight in gold, im not sure what it is....try goign to the auctions..hell for 6000 you could pick up an nx 2000, hell of alot faster and newer....shit 6500:dunno:

Hipermax_d
10-17-2002, 11:07 AM
both crx's are rip offs if you tell me

i think you can look around a little bit more and find one thats in good condition at a reasonable price

take your time looking for cars. if you push yourself and buy it, you may regret yourself when you see a a better condition car for less a few days/weeks later

Arthur Dent
10-17-2002, 11:52 AM
way way too expensive. cut those prices in half.

BigShow
10-17-2002, 12:06 PM
:dunno: KEEP LOOKING MY FRIEND, save your money

GTS Jeff
10-17-2002, 12:11 PM
I've been looking for half a year! Driven about 20 CRXs!

All these CRXes that are in "better condition and cost less" just don't exist!! (at least not in Alberta)

Redlyne_mr2
10-17-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

All these CRXes that are in "better condition and cost less" just don't exist!! (at least not in Alberta)
why does it have to be a crx though!!!! the perfect car for you is out there you just need to broaden your horizons...stay out of the trader, use the bargain finder and go to auctions..

BTWyouravatarfuckingrules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boi-alien
10-17-2002, 02:58 PM

i saw one, a 89 Si, no rust, 150xxx kms, 2000$, only thing is his car got vandalized and it said 'i hate blacks' on the hood..

so yea, they do exist, just gotta be patient

GTS Jeff
10-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

i saw one, a 89 Si, no rust, 150xxx kms, 2000$, only thing is his car got vandalized and it said 'i hate blacks' on the hood..

so yea, they do exist, just gotta be patient if it had a new paint job the car would be right back up to 6000. see what i mean??!

1/2 a year is enuff patience!! im just gona have to bargain hardcore and see if i cant get these crxes down a lot!

GTS Jeff
10-17-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

why does it have to be a crx though!!!! the perfect car for you is out there you just need to broaden your horizons...stay out of the trader, use the bargain finder and go to auctions..

BTWyouravatarfuckingrules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gota gota gota be a crx. but i will check out the bargain finder man.

max_boost
10-17-2002, 03:42 PM
Yah I don't understand why it has to be a CRX lol

Why not a 2nd gen integra? I think those look better than CRX and its in your $$$ range

James
10-17-2002, 04:50 PM
I say screw it and buy the 400 hp 300zx!!:drool: .......just keep looking you'll find one....eventually:rolleyes:

Zephyr
10-17-2002, 04:58 PM
i say stick with the van, cuz vans have bigger back seats, and bigger back seats means better fun lovin with chicks...woo :thumbsup:

boi-alien
10-17-2002, 05:04 PM
if it had a new paint job the car would be right back up to 6000. see what i mean??!

nah man, it was just on the hood, you'd prolly want to go CF hood anyways, so no biggie there, the point of my post is, there are good deals out there, you just gotta look and be patient.

CRXguy
10-17-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yah I don't understand why it has to be a CRX lol

Why not a 2nd gen integra? I think those look better than CRX and its in your $$$ range

2nd gen Integra's are not cheaper than a 2nd gen CRX.

Jeff....keep looking, half a year is nothing my friend. It was a lot worse for me!:D

szw
10-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Just get 4500 in cash and go visit the guy. Offer it to him on the spot, maybe he'll take it now, maybe he'll take it in a week, maybe he'll rob you, anyways...I forgot my point...

max_boost
10-17-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

2nd gen Integra's are not cheaper than a 2nd gen CRX.

Jeff....keep looking, half a year is nothing my friend. It was a lot worse for me!:D

I never said that, just said the integras will be in his price range........loser......ghaha j/k:guns:

RiCE-DaDDy
10-17-2002, 10:39 PM
FUCK IT KEEP LOOKING!! remember i had a sweet deal before?

GTS Jeff
10-17-2002, 10:49 PM
the reason i want a crx is because the car is the perfect car for me. it handles well, is quick, a total drivers car, 2 seater (pimpin), sunroof (pimpin), it looks good (well i think so), and its a honda. right now, of all the car manufacturers, i know honda the best, so its logical that my first car should be a honda. the crx is fwd, which isnt the greatest, but thats alright, becuz i think that i can still learn to drive a fwd better before i move up.

i had decided all this about a year ago before i even drove a crx. the first time i drove a crx (also first time driving standard haha) i knew i had to get one. i started seriously looking about half a year ago. its getting really frustrating to find something wrong with each crx i try out. ive seen like ONE crx without any rust at all...and it wasnt for sale. by now, ive tested out so many crxes i could test one out in my sleep. the last rex i testdrove, the dude was surprised by how thoroughly i checked the car and thought i did it for a living haha.

all i want is a crx!!

CRXguy
10-17-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I never said that, just said the integras will be in his price range........loser......ghaha j/k:guns:

Like I said, how is it in his price range if it's not cheaper than the CRX?! dumbass!!:tongue: :D

EDIT: Some of you guys won't understand unless you've driven one.:thumbsup:

boi-alien
10-17-2002, 11:45 PM

:werd: :thumbsup:

dj_honda
10-18-2002, 07:23 PM
ya right now is the wrong time to be looking.....in spring there are so many cars for sale including crx's

i remember telling you in like august about that one for 1200 with fender damage and it was sold in like 3 hours after the guy put the ad on the internet!

you have just had bad luck so far.....keep looking

CRXguy
10-18-2002, 11:05 PM
I bought mine in Nov/2000. Wasn't exactly snowing, but still cold!! It's just luck.

max_boost
10-18-2002, 11:08 PM

Like I said, how is it in his price range if it's not cheaper than the CRX?! dumbass!!:tongue: :D

Well what the hell is your price range JeffTypeR?
I remember Sykes? was selling a Gen3 Teg for $4500 awhile back I think

GTS Jeff
10-19-2002, 12:57 AM
err well it really depends on the car. i guess the most i would spend is $6000 on a crx in really good condition. but basically i just want a 88-91 crx si, 90-91 preferred. i want one stock, but i know thats unrealistic, so i would settle for minor mods unless theyre gay and ricey.

one of the crxs i testdrove was lowered 1.5 i think on stock shocks and the ride sucked...thats the kinda mod i DONT like.

agh, well i offered 5000 to the dude wanting 6900, he didnt take it at the time, but well see in a bit if he wants to reconsider. now i have to find the other dude and offer 2000..

CRXguy
10-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Don't even bother with that bondo'd '90 CRX. It'll eventually fall off, and then you're gonna have to put out more money just to fix it right.

As for the '88, extensive rust is not cool. A little is OK, but keep looking guy. Don't rush into anything. What's yours is yours.

GTS Jeff
10-20-2002, 12:52 AM
ok. so ive got it figured out. if i can get the older crx for something under 1800 i will take it...

then i can drive that around to feed my addiction for crxes....and i can keep looking for a better one. when i find anbother, i can sell the old rex for something rediculous like 10 grand...

yea!!

szw
10-20-2002, 01:15 AM
Are you planning to go crazy with the car? Engine swap, new tires new rims? If you are into that kinda thing, i'd look into the older high mileage ones

GTS Jeff
10-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by szw
Are you planning to go crazy with the car? Engine swap, new tires new rims? If you are into that kinda thing, i'd look into the older high mileage ones meh, i offered the guy 1400 for his 3000 rex. he didnt take..

oh well. time to keep looking.

T5_X
10-20-2002, 10:52 PM
Do you have any relatives or friends in BC? Many, many CRX's there.

If you're not too keen on FWD, how bout an S12 or AE86? CRX's are a tad light for me. You get hit by anything bigger than a shopping cart and you're dead :banghead:

Davetronz
10-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey Jeff, few words of advice.
1) Bargain Finder rocks. So does Canada Trader online. www.canadatrader.com. Check out Wednesdays wheels in the Herald.

2). Anything that is rusty or bondo'd up the ass is bad. I think both cars you described are WAY over priced. I would say $1500 for the first one, and maybe $3500 for the second one.

3) Get a DSM :D:clap:

LaughingTiger
10-20-2002, 11:15 PM
Look for a car in Vancouver....more selection and cheaper...:D

$80-90 bucks to fly out...and 10 hours to drive back... On days work... save $$$ in the end

GTS Jeff
10-21-2002, 07:45 AM
1. yea id go somewhere else to look for a crx...but thats a hassle right now since im busy everyday
2. im bent on a crx now.
3. ill keep looking!