PDA

View Full Version : U of C Fall/Winter Registration

KELSTAR
05-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know when the listing comes out for dates (by ID number) to register for next year's semesters? Last year I registered around the 9th of June and I can't find a listing anywhere. I called an advising office and registrar and they said it will be up on infonet shortly but that was two weeks ago

AquamosH
05-13-2004, 11:22 PM
It's been up for a while now (I think even longer than 2 weeks ago):

http://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/reginfo/RegistrationStartDatesW05.pdf

kiwi
05-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Look on infonet! The list was up like 2 weeks ago!
I start registering on May 28th.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/reginfo/RegistrationStartDatesW05.pdf

Gainsbarre
05-13-2004, 11:53 PM
May 28th??! Are you entering your 6th or 7th year at the U of C?

I'm entering my 4th and (thankfully) final year at the U of C and I don't get to register until June 2nd.

kiwi
05-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
May 28th??! Are you entering your 6th or 7th year at the U of C?

I'm entering my 4th and (thankfully) final year at the U of C and I don't get to register until June 2nd.

umm, 5th & final year! Hurray!!! :clap:

KELSTAR
05-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Thanks Guys. I guess I was looking in the wrong spot! and those people who work the phones at the U.. do they know anything?

sexualbanana
05-18-2004, 02:37 AM
June 2 for me. Gotta make sure I remember this time. I need to get into some of my core classes!!

BebeAphrodite
05-18-2004, 02:52 AM
^^-- whatcha takin?

sexualbanana
05-18-2004, 12:49 PM
I need to finish my 317's!!!

Castoh1
05-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Do any of you have your Registration Fall/Winter 2005 link up on Infonet yet? I am suppose to register on May 27th but I dont see anything. They're probably just slow. It's my fifth year too so I hope they dont think I graduated already.

Strider
05-20-2004, 08:33 PM
may 27th for me as well:clap:

maximus
05-21-2004, 01:38 AM
May 27th here too!!

5th and final year.....man it sure hasn't felt like 5 years!

kiwi
05-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by maximus
May 27th here too!!

5th and final year.....man it sure hasn't felt like 5 years!

I know! The past 4 years went by so fast!!! I think it's because of the short semesters... =P
But I'm starting to get excited, cuz I'll be graduating next June! :clap:

Castoh1
05-21-2004, 02:48 PM
The only thing about being a fifth year is when you are in Commerce and you are taking a 317 course along with 2nd years, you feel old.

What are you other fifth years taking? I'm just finishing up a double major in history and finance.

kiwi
05-23-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm a chem major... :rofl:

I'm taking a 300 level chem course in the spring right now cuz it's inorganic, & I hate inorg. chem so I tried to put it off for as long as I could... so now I'm stuck w/ all these young people that have just finished their 1st year, & they are so amateur in the labs... bahahaha, just kidding... lol :rolleyes:

sexualbanana
05-24-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Castoh1
The only thing about being a fifth year is when you are in Commerce and you are taking a 317 course along with 2nd years, you feel old.

What are you other fifth years taking? I'm just finishing up a double major in history and finance.

Yeah no doubt. I'm 4th year and I still have to finish HR and finance.

But that's ok. Fresh meat. :drool: lol.

Gainsbarre
05-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Yeah no doubt. I'm 4th year and I still have to finish HR and finance.

But that's ok. Fresh meat. :drool: lol.

Still have to take FNCE 317? Be sure to take it from Larry Wood...he's the man. Plus he's got a great sense of humour (if you're a guy :D )

Strider
05-27-2004, 01:24 PM
BUMP

Registration starts today

nismodrifter
05-27-2004, 01:32 PM
shat man I start registering on June 8th...me = pwn3d

kiwi
05-27-2004, 01:43 PM
I can start registering tomorrow morning at 11:00! lol

in*10*se
05-30-2004, 03:25 PM
i'm done registration... whoo hoo ... 5th year co-op business... :whocares:

so who all is taking spring classes?

Gainsbarre
05-30-2004, 03:41 PM
:banghead: One of the courses I want to take (HROD 493 -- business negotiations) is already full. :banghead:

Yeah I'm taking a bunch of spring classes..three actually:
ECON 423
ECON 443, and
PHIL 329

kiwi
05-30-2004, 05:59 PM
One of my courses (Chem 571) requires consent of the department, which I have, but infonet still won't let me register for it! grr... :dunno:

Seanith
05-30-2004, 08:05 PM
June first for me!

Just one question, in that pdf file, since it has like xxxx-xxxx then 2 other ranges below the first one, can you only register (on the given day) during the time that corresponds to your number range in the column? ie move across, and the first number range registers in the first time slot? or is it all the ranges can register during the same hours..?

kiwi
05-30-2004, 09:18 PM
On June 1st when you register, just log onto Infonet as usual & try to register... it will most likely tell you that the system is busy, & you can't register till the specific time that they will specify for you!

sexualbanana
05-31-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by kiwi
One of my courses (Chem 571) requires consent of the department, which I have, but infonet still won't let me register for it! grr... :dunno:

Then I think you have to go to one of the advisors and they'll do it for you.

kiwi
05-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Then I think you have to go to one of the advisors and they'll do it for you.

Advisors? what advisors? you mean those guys at the UPO? I got my consent from the chem office, & I even watched him approve it on the computer & everthing... but then when I actually went to go register for it, it said I needed approval... ?!? :confused:

Guess I'll drop by both places today to see...

Seanith
05-31-2004, 04:42 PM
get them to add it for you..

kiwi
05-31-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
get them to add it for you..

I went back to the chem office today & I found out why I couldn't register... the approval was for the Fall when this course is only offered in the Winter! lol :rofl:

Glad I got that cleared up... along w/ all the rest of the people that got approvals for this course! ha ha ha

nismodrifter
06-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I swear I am going to kill somebody today. Last night was my time to register...I got a stupid error because I am still waiting for admission into biological sciences. Their stupid office closes at 4pm and it was too late too call...so I had to wait till today at 9am to give this UPO bullshit a call. I call them, I wait on hold for 20 mins...and then they say "oh yeah thats a very common problem that you're having...we apologize for any inconvenience". BULLSHAT MUTHASUCKA. So now I have to register TONIGHT after 7pm and I am basically screwed out of the decent timed courses that I was planning on taking. All the "normal" time ones are full and the only thing that are left is like 18:00 labs and shit

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

The only good thing is that I probably won't be attending U of C anyways...I only registered as a backup plan incase something happens and I can't go to U of S

Hakkola
06-09-2004, 11:23 AM
this registration is only for people already in a program right?

I applied for a program and haven't gotten accepted or denied yet so I don't register right?
I have an I.D # because I went there last semester though...

powerslave
06-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
this registration is only for people already in a program right?

I applied for a program and haven't gotten accepted or denied yet so I don't register right?
I have an I.D # because I went there last semester though...

I'm in the EXACT same position as you, and am pissed off. They told me I'm on the waiting list but like you I was at the U for the last summer/winter semesters and am attending classes right now... So what happens to us then? When do we register.

bommie_1
06-10-2004, 10:04 AM
When you get your acceptance letter stating that you've met the academic standard of the faculty that you want to get in which is usually in late July, early August, then you can register for the remaining classes that are open.

If you are not on acadmemic probabtion and are "in" the faculty that you want to be in (as in it says in your infonet what faculty you're in) then you should be able to register based upon your current Student ID number.

However if you are a unclassified student and do not have a prior degree then you should be able to register as a non-degree unclassified student on August 16th.

If you have a GPA of lower than 2.0 for the previous year (Fall, Winter and Spring - NOT INCLUDING Summer) you register on July 2nd, however if you're on academic probabtion then you're in some deep shit and need to go talk to the registrar's office like right now...don't even finish reading what I'm writing and go. If you're in this situation, they'll likely make your write some letter crap stating why you did so poorly and what changes will you make to your life style and studying habbits as to prevent further incidences of sub par performance. (And if you get on academic probation again, you get kicked out of the university for a period of 12 months minimum)

Originally posted by powerslave

I'm in the EXACT same position as you, and am pissed off. They told me I'm on the waiting list but like you I was at the U for the last summer/winter semesters and am attending classes right now... So what happens to us then? When do we register.