PDA

View Full Version : Best Mexican food ever!!

freakin
05-14-2004, 09:00 AM
I went to Salt & Pepper's (I think that's the name) on Monday and I'd have to say it's the best Mexican food I've ever had. Prices weren't bad, $10-$15 meals, but the quality of the food and the atmosphere were just amazing. If you like real mexican, try this place. Beats the crap out of Taco Bell and Tacotime anyday.

Mind you the Cantina on 8th Ave. isn't that bad. You can't go wrong showing up on a tuesday during 'Gringo Hour'. $10 will get you a couple tacos and a bottle of sangria. Fed and tipsy, for $10, that's hard to beat.

Hollywood
05-14-2004, 09:39 AM
I found the portions to be too small at salt and pepper.

GorG
05-14-2004, 09:42 AM
where is it located, i wanna go check it out

Kor
05-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Where's Salt & Pepper's ?

freakin
05-14-2004, 10:49 AM
It's at 4351 Macleod trail SW, a little north of the Back Alley on the west side of the road, across from some big health club.

legendboy
05-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Ya, try the place becide ming on 17th. Its about the only decient mexican in the city

YCB
05-14-2004, 11:22 AM
chico's tecate grill, i used to work there, the food is always fresh no left overs

its in sunridge beside the subway and papa johns

RickDaTuner
05-14-2004, 06:48 PM
haha I think you guys mean Tex Mex i doubt if they servd up real mexican food you would be all that impressed...

Shaolin
05-14-2004, 08:45 PM
yeah, El Sombrero beside Ming's is pretty good.. big portions too..

sputnik
05-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by YCB
chico's tecate grill, i used to work there, the food is always fresh no left overs

its in sunridge beside the subway and papa johns

:werd:

I was at salt and pepper on the weekend.... Chico's Tecate Grill is the EXACT same food except half the price. Along with all the free chips you can eat and free drink refills.

Chico's isnt in Sunridge... its in the strip mall in the same parking lot as Rona (across from Chapters)

hondarunner
05-16-2004, 10:12 AM
another good place is los meriachis. Its a small family run buisness but the food there is amazing. Its inbetween outlaws and partsource.

YCB
05-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Chico's isnt in Sunridge... its in the strip mall in the same parking lot as Rona (across from Chapters)

yeah sorry i meant the sunridge area...

megadethmer
05-17-2004, 11:22 PM
theres a rad mexican restaraunt for anyone in the further south part of the city, its called Senor Carlos, and its in shawnessy. its pretty small, and i think its newer. (4-6yrs old)
I was at El Sombrero on friday, and i wasnt very impressed with the food. DONT have chicken for your choice of meat...stick with the ground beef..the chicken tasted like a cross between pork/tuna and was definetely the texture of tuna. Dessert, however was awsome. they have the best fried icecream ever.