PDA

View Full Version : bow cycle loses a customer

method
05-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Ah yes, bow cycle.. the shop I always defended and recommended when people were badmouthing blackfoot. no more.

my friend and I ordered in springs for our 50s. 360 dollars worth of springs. 360 dollars that had to be paid up front. 3-4 days till they're in.

well here it is nearing 3 weeks, and nothing. we're fed up. we want our money back so we can order our springs from a different source. they refuse.

:?

products in our posession = 0
money in their posession = 360 dollars

they've been giving me the lines "they'll be in tomorrow... they'll be here in 2 days" for the better part of three weeks now. today I get "if they're not here by next wednesday, I'll give you your money back". no guarantee if they'll be here on wednesday or not. I want my money back now. they flat out refuse.

I could have ordered in a set of springs 10 times over by now, but instead I've put up with the stupid delays at bow.

I've spent over 3000 dollars at their shop, and this is the kind of respect I get.

forget it, you just lost a customer.

GT3
05-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Well my friend told me dont go there to buy a bike..they have a bad service...now i change my mind to go Blackfoot Motorcycle:)

Dave P
05-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by GT3
Well my friend told me dont go there to buy a bike..they have a bad service...now i change my mind to go Blackfoot Motorcycle:)

hahaha hopey you are middle aged and buying a tourning bike. or blackfoot wont be much better then bow.

My favorite shops are GW and rev

method
05-14-2004, 07:06 PM
rev has shown me good service the few times I've been there.

still havent been to walt healy or GW though.

djstefan
05-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear that! With such a delay, you could order them off the internet for alot cheaper! I mean, even off the net you get them withing 3 weeks!

I say get some eggs, leave them in the sun and .... :devil:

l/l/rX
05-14-2004, 08:29 PM
my dad goes to walt healy and gets great service...but probably because he worked for walt when he was a teen and has never gone anywhere else to buy bikes. hes gone through about 7 bikes including dirt bikes.

GT3
05-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

hahaha hopey you are middle aged and buying a tourning bike. or blackfoot wont be much better then bow.

My favorite shops are GW and rev

i already chek out 2 place i like blackfoot motorcycle service more than Bow cycle

BBMac
05-15-2004, 04:53 PM
actually method thats two customers!!!! I am purchsed my springs with method, nice enough on the phone but it seems weird how they know the springs have made it to vancouver 4 may 11 but can't figure out why they aren't here yet? you smell bullshit......

91_Integz
05-15-2004, 05:25 PM
blackfoot doesn't budge on there prices though where as i found bow was willing to slip a bit.

Big_C_racing
05-15-2004, 11:39 PM
I think you guys would like Walt's quite a bit better from all the bitchin i'm hearing. Walt's is willing to dive quite a bit on thier prices (for dirt bikes at least) if they have been there for any period of time. Good and friendly service also. After them I would say Blackfoot is pretty good. Haven't boughten any bikes there but for parts they are willing to give anyone a 15% discount right up front. Bow would have to be the bottom on my list. Decent service up front but not great once they have your money! Your kinda looped at this point but if it ever happens again..........just bitch bitch bitch! That usually gets your way when you are dealing with service departments.

MK3HKS
05-16-2004, 12:09 AM
G W cycle all the way:thumbsup:

Billet
05-17-2004, 01:25 AM
is it there fault that whomever they are orderin it from hasnt sent it?

Arthur
05-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by method
Ah yes, bow cycle.. the shop I always defended and recommended when people were badmouthing blackfoot. no more.

my friend and I ordered in springs for our 50s. 360 dollars worth of springs. 360 dollars that had to be paid up front. 3-4 days till they're in.

well here it is nearing 3 weeks, and nothing. we're fed up. we want our money back so we can order our springs from a different source. they refuse.

:?

products in our posession = 0
money in their posession = 360 dollars

they've been giving me the lines "they'll be in tomorrow... they'll be here in 2 days" for the better part of three weeks now. today I get "if they're not here by next wednesday, I'll give you your money back". no guarantee if they'll be here on wednesday or not. I want my money back now. they flat out refuse.

I could have ordered in a set of springs 10 times over by now, but instead I've put up with the stupid delays at bow.

I've spent over 3000 dollars at their shop, and this is the kind of respect I get.

forget it, you just lost a customer.
if your telling the truth, get a lawyer.

CowTownBiomed
05-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Arthur this isnt the U.S.A.

Method.
I'd ask to speak to the Service Manager.
Don't do it all hot headed, but explain your position.
Chances are you'll be able to get a discouted price on your parts, or a good deal on something else.

The real trick to this is keeping your cool, a manager would rather not deal with a hot headed person.

The old timers say "You'll catch more fly's with honey than you will with vineger."

I'm not trying to defend Bow in any way, it realy sucks, I can tell your PO'ed
Just keep your calm...you'll be way better off getting what you want that way.

method
05-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Billet
is it there fault that whomever they are orderin it from hasnt sent it?

you are retarded.

and what am I gonna do, sue them? baha.. right. the best I can do now is get the parts or get my money back.

as for talking to their manager, I dont care anymore. my business with them is over.

think I'm pissed off now, you should have seen me leaving their shop :rolleyes:

gottspeed
05-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Wait till your crankcase cracks and the local race shop keeps your bike for 3 months.

Then you'll have something to bitch about, I swear, some of these shops just don't give a shit at all.

Edmonton Cycle Salvage has always gotten me on the road same day or next day, they are the best in edmonton. 40 an hour labor too.

2fast4me
05-22-2004, 02:21 PM

BBMac
05-22-2004, 03:58 PM
"is it there fault that whomever they are orderin it from hasnt sent it?"

No it isn't bow cycles fault that the parts weren't sent. but with that comes " it will be here 2-3 days." now when it didn't come in if they would have said from the get go " You know I don't think they will be here for atleast another 3 weeks" then I would be happy, sure it's a long time to wait but if you are well informed I don't mind waiting. They just kept saying " it will be here tomorrow" and well we all know what happened. money in our pockets, springs from somewhere else and happy consumers!

Tyler883
05-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Let's all learn from this.

Anytime a parts counter requires payment in advance, we need to check their refund policy on orders that take too long to fill.

Personally, I'd be happy with a credit on account, or cash refund. Or at least a warning that all sales are final, and can not be reversed.

Preferably, I would like to know wether an item is listed on back order before I make the decision to buy.

Businesses often request a price quote (with lead times) prior to submiting a purchase order.... it is NOT unreasonable for a consumer to request the same thing.

A smart idea???==> don't deal with the weekend help, if they are not able to provide you with the right information....it's better to get a part number, then phone in the order during the week.

in*10*se
05-29-2004, 03:40 PM
pro-am is good, i just bought my r6 from there... good service etc...

djstefan
05-31-2004, 08:45 AM
Bow blows! Blows blows blows! I went to see them with my stripped oil pan plug and they wanted to charge me 2.5 hours of work + to healie coil it after trying to sell me a new pan.

2.5 hours after I already took off the 2 radiators and the plastics. All they need is to take off the exhaust (8 screws) and the pan (about 10 more screws.) I was like WTF WTF WTF WTF! They guy just opened up his book and was like thats the flat fee. But I took everything off already, and of course he acted like he didnt care cause they have enough work already.

I tell you, these places are screwed up in the head. They ripp you off as much as they can when they can.

Never going back there again! Screw them!

groundpilot
05-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Stefan take the pan off yourself, and take it to like REV, or a metal shop... Save you big $$$

djstefan
05-31-2004, 03:19 PM
Switchride (from GP) gave me a place he brought it in and they did it with the pan on for cheap. I called them and they said they should be able to do it without a problem. It is just too hard for me to get the exhaust off since I don't really have any strong tools and then to put the pan back since I don't have a pressure wrench or whatever those are called. In other words I suck when it comes to the tools in my garage.

I'll try to bring it there and see if they can fix it with the Pan on.

What really bothered me at Bow was the service where they acted like they didn't care and kept on sending me back and fourth between service and parts 4 times! I walked out of there pissed as hell. :thumbsdow

CowTownBiomed
06-04-2004, 10:19 AM
I recently ordered parts from them they said 7 days max.
I got the parts in 5 days.
Just a small Honda part for a 21 year old bike.
So the springs must be a odd part or thier supplier/manufacurer probably doesnt have them.

How have you made out?
Did you ever get your parts?

Stephen
Heli coil kits with Tap, install tool and 12 coils is only 30 bux at Greggs distributers.

Not too hard to do yourself.

Kartelli
06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
if you paid for the springs using your visa or mastercard, call them up and tell them exactly what is going on. I guarantee this shitty company will be all over it when the big boys come knocking.

Visa/MC will probably credit your account and investigate.