PDA

View Full Version : Grad Dinner

Anko
05-15-2004, 08:44 PM
I am looking for a restaurant for a grad dinner with casual European/American food. We would not have a car with us, so somewhere near 17Ave or Downtown would be better. Thanks for your recommendations.

Also, is there any restaurant serving good fondue in Calgary?

JAYMEZ
05-16-2004, 12:28 AM
if you want Euro French JoJo's on 17th is classy ....

As for fondue , hrmmmm i have no idea! but i love fondue! :D

Orbie
05-16-2004, 02:12 AM
The Living Room on 17th has Fondue, very contemporary atmosphere, I liked it when I went, but the Fondue didn't really fill me up.

When I stayed at the Sheraton at Eau Clair, they told me the restaurant located in the hotel serves Fondue in a 3 course meal. But it looked expensive and the dress code was definitely not casual, but then again the hotel itself is very nice and expensive as well so I guess that goes hand in hand.

Good Luck!

Anko
05-16-2004, 01:34 PM
The living room seems to be a pretty good idea, my friends could share the fondue and still have other food to pick from.

Our Budget is around $100 per person and since we don't drink any alcohol, it is not bad. We just don't want to get all dress up because we are going to play afterward or before. Most restaurant probably think we are cheap ass high school students though:D

Orbie
05-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Oh, then The Living Room, is definitely the place for you. It's a very casual atmosphere, and most people there are just young adults. And the price is more expensive then your usual restaurant but it's more like $40-50 max a person. Yeah best thing to do for sure is order lots of things with the Fondue, maybe even just use it as an appetizer or dessert. We had a cheese Fondue which had bread and pasta to dip for a main course (but definitely better for an appetizer), and two rounds of chocolate Fondue for dessert with fruit and stuff to dip. From what I remember it was a half white/milk chocolate mix :thumbsup:

Hope you like it, let us know of your experience if you decide to go.

Anko
05-16-2004, 07:26 PM
How big is the fondue? Is it possible to share with two people? I would like to share it with a couple of friends, none of us want to stuff ourselve with cheese and chocolate. It would be nice if they offer a dark chocolate fondue, not into milky chocolate.

Too bad some of my friends are underage....... so we can't go into a pub for a drink.:thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
05-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Anko
We just don't want to get all dress up because we are going to play afterward or before. play???? are u gonna play tag in the park or something? haha is this high school grad or elementary school grad?

i dont see why you are complaining about being underage. u can do what every underaged highschool kid does....go to an aftergrad house party and get smashed.

rice_eater
05-17-2004, 03:01 AM
or to a ranch :D

hustler
05-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
or to a ranch :D

:werd:

can't wait

Orbie
05-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Anko
How big is the fondue? Is it possible to share with two people? I would like to share it with a couple of friends, none of us want to stuff ourselve with cheese and chocolate. It would be nice if they offer a dark chocolate fondue, not into milky chocolate.

Too bad some of my friends are underage....... so we can't go into a pub for a drink.:thumbsdow

From the impression I got from your earlier post, I didn't think you guys liked alcohol or something. So this must be some sort of High school grad thing...in that case why don't you guys just go to a aftergrad party at someone's house? When I graduated High School I was only 17 and more people went to aftergrad house parties then the actual aftergrad. The one I went to was a lot more fun and less expensive then going to any pub or actual aftergrad.

But to answer your question, I shared my fondue with my g/f, but there was definitely room for one more person. There was about 8-9 of us and we managed to share 2 chocolate fondues for dessert. Then again most of us weren't big eaters.

Anko
05-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I am not talking about drinking excessively at an after grad party, more like a drink and some snack at a nice place so we could meet up with the people from the banquet. Not going to after grad party because all people do is get drunk.

It seems like my friends don't like the menu at The living room(they find it too small and not much selections), so we are changing to Da Guido.

BebeAphrodite
05-21-2004, 03:03 AM
OMG, I've gone to The Living Room three times now (not my choice). I absolutely hate it there. The first time I went they wouldn't even let us order the fondue because they said that it was too hot in the room... we said we didn't care but the waitress told us we couldn't have it because the other people in the room would get too hot. That's :bullshit: because they shouldn't even have the dish if you can't order it.
So the service might be good, but the overpriced food (that I did not enjoy the taste of) makes the restaurant somewhere that I do not want to go again. I'm thinking Vintage has similar owners.. been there twice and disliked the food both times.. blah

But each to their own because some people will enjoy something others will not. I just know that when I went to the Living Room the first time about 3/4 of us got the chicken (it was a pricy dish at least 25+) and it was sooo salty none of us really ate it.

Italian! :clap: