PDA

View Full Version : Brentwood parking

Chim
05-16-2004, 05:21 PM
In the summer, does CT still send out undercover guys to make sure that people are using the parking lot for the transit?

googe
05-16-2004, 06:39 PM
how would they know?

tulit
05-16-2004, 08:35 PM
how would they know?

They sit there and watch what direction you go (towards the U or towards the train) They are easy to spot, and when you see them, just start walking towards the train and divert back towards the U when they stop watching you.

turbo_equiped
05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
how do you know which person is a CT undercover..!
it could be anyone looking at you!!

kaput
05-16-2004, 08:48 PM

googe
05-16-2004, 09:01 PM
what so they can actually ticket you based on what direction they see you walk?

Chim
05-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Yep, they ticket you if you park there and they don't see you using the transit.

I don't get why they do it in the summer though, there's less UofC students and also less people that work during the summer due to vacations, so why would Brentwood need the extra parking?

eb0i
05-16-2004, 11:31 PM
just crawl on your belly from your car to the U to avoid detection :D

rice_eater
05-17-2004, 12:08 AM
i've been parking at the london drugs for 3 years now

That.Guy.S30
05-17-2004, 06:07 PM
hey i wouldnt park there. my friend just got his deck stolen from there today around 12-2pm

if anyone saw anythin pm please

Orbie
05-17-2004, 07:21 PM
As for the issue with CT cops, my brother used to park at Brentwood station and walk to the U, I have no idea how he got caught, but he received 3 tickets on three seperate occasions. So yes, somehow they do see you and know where you go. However, now with the U-pass, I'd imagine students would park at Brentwood station and just take the train to the University stop. Kind of dumb but I've seen tons of students do this. Not sure if there is a U-pass over summer though, when I was on Internship, there was no U-pass for us over summer.

Anyways to whoever said that there is more space in the lot over summer, that definitely was NOT my experience last summer. It was consistently full and if you arrived anytime past 7:30am good luck trying to find any spots! That's why I was a little pissed over summer students taking the train to the University station, because IMO it's taking up spots for people who take the train farther then one stop. Then again it is free parking and completely legitimate so I can understand. However, because of the consistent traffic, I don't see why the CT cops would stop watching over the summer. It's not like they have summer break, they do their job just like everyone else year-round.

And to Thi-Thi Subs: Man, how long did you friend park at Brentwood to get his deck stolen?! I mean there's usually a lot of traffic (people and cars) going through the area all day, you'd think that would intimidate thieves, did your friend park in a secluded area?

That.Guy.S30
05-17-2004, 08:16 PM
i dont know where he parked but he was there probably from 7am in the morning becuase he has morning class to around 2pm becuase we finisihed working out at that time. i hate theives.

SoSlowDx
05-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
hey i wouldnt park there. my friend just got his deck stolen from there today around 12-2pm

if anyone saw anythin pm please

Yeah he parked in the 2nd stall in the corner closest to the University that's what he told me haha doubt he will get it back we're leaning towards finding the thieves although it probably won't happen. So yeah park there if you have nothing valuable in your car. No security or cameras on the lot.

haha shit Binh, Gramps is serious about cutting the theives' fingers if he found them lol and hell he would too lol