PDA

View Full Version : Sold item on eBay, now jackass doesn't want to pay

Ferio_vti
05-16-2004, 10:03 PM
I sold my Civic SiR grill on eBay last week on Wednesday. Person contacted me and asked me to make sure that $20 (I stated $20 to ship to USA) will cover insurance.

Later that person contacted me through eBay using 'contact seller' (but from a different email address) and asked me if I got the shipping quote yet. I told them I didn't as I was busy watch the hockey games so they would have to wait til Friday.

I check on Friday, and $20 would be enough for insurance. So I email the buyer, using both emails from above.

Yesterday, person contacted me with email #2 and asked what was taking so long, stated it already said $20 to shipping. So I'm thinking its 2 people here that use the same eBay account, probably a couple or something...

Then within 2 hours, person from email #1 contacts me and tells me their car was in an accident, blah blah, can't pay...
Offers to take a negative feedback and pay for fees.

What should I do?? I don't feel like relisting. I just want to sell this grill and be done with. I personally don't care if they 'just had an accident' they still have to pay up.

turbo_equiped
05-16-2004, 10:07 PM
if they paying the listing fees!!
then its all good!!
you shouldnt worry then!

Weapon_R
05-16-2004, 10:09 PM
That's life. Ebay sucks like that.

Jynx
05-16-2004, 10:23 PM
yea man, you cant really do anyting, plus the guy is being nice buy offering to pay the fees... and 2 relist ure item its literally a few clicks away man, so i would just leave him positive feedback and accept his money...

turbo_equiped
05-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
yea man, you cant really do anyting, plus the guy is being nice buy offering to pay the fees... and 2 relist ure item its literally a few clicks away man, so i would just leave him positive feedback and accept his money...

EXACTLY..
thats what i would do!!
get the money for listing..relist it..
make sure u leave him a positive feedback!!:thumbsup:

Kamen
05-16-2004, 11:01 PM
He's being completely reasonable about it. So let him pay for the fees, relist it, and leave him decent feedback.

xkon
05-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I wish my non payers were like that... at least hes honest

Stratus_Power
05-17-2004, 09:14 AM
yeh, just let him pay the fee..

not really a jackass if he offers the negative feedback and paying for the fee!!

as they said, relisting is only a few clicks away ( theres literately a button for relist, so u dont have to go through inserting pics and shit)

nickyh
05-17-2004, 12:58 PM
At least you did not ship the item.

Re-list, give him a neutral and take him up on the offer to pay the fees. At the current US to CDN rate it's not too much of a hit.

SI-vic
05-18-2004, 02:51 PM
:werd:

thats ebay life for you..... except you got it good
he was willing to take a negative and to pay the fees
just be glad that you didnt get scammed or something

Ferio_vti
05-18-2004, 06:55 PM
I talked to the guy again and checked feedbacks, sounds legit enough.
So I got money back for relist and will be relisting.
Now you guys can bid, bid, bid!!!

fast95pony
05-21-2004, 03:45 AM
The George Foreman Grill is better....