PDA

View Full Version : Crank is Scared

halbey
05-17-2004, 01:30 PM
K, I'm currently working on a '93 Camry and the crankshaft is scared. It's my gf's car and she was driving it and the oil plug fell out and drained out all the oil while she was driving:banghead: It heated up pretty good and i took of the pan and such and one of the pistons (knew which one it was by looking at it) and the bearing was fried:dunno: , and the crank is scuffed. What do you think? replace it? or have it machined again and put a larger bearing in it?:confused:

dishrag
05-17-2004, 03:31 PM
your crank is scared? Try holding it to your chest and stroke it gently. Talk to it in soothing, hushed tones and assure it that everything is fine. When it settles down, reinstall it.

QuasarCav
05-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by dishrag
your crank is scared? Try holding it to your chest and stroke it gently. Talk to it in soothing, hushed tones and assure it that everything is fine. When it settles down, reinstall it.

:D :D :rofl:

legendboy
05-17-2004, 03:33 PM

bwahaha :rofl:

halbey
05-17-2004, 03:38 PM

:banghead: U SUck! lol :whipped:
So i can't spell worth crap eh? I wish that work in the end though :D

black_shadow_18
05-17-2004, 03:54 PM
thought the same thing when I read the title for this post.

Just take the crank to a machine shop and have it reground (around $120 I thinks....) Then get a set of matching bearings. Pop it back together and call it a day!

SwitchBlade
05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
I think your pride is scarred now hahaha. Personally i would replace the crankshaft.

cobber112879
05-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by SwitchBlade
I think your pride is scarred now hahaha. Personally i would replace the crankshaft.

Any particular reason why? Machining a crank is reasonably inexpensive and undersize bearings are easy to get.