PDA

View Full Version : fatburners

CKY
05-17-2004, 01:57 PM
lately i've been gaining weight due to my stoppage of physical activities, i jumped from 170 to 180 and so i've deciede to start working lose some pounds. i've heard some people using fatburners and seems pretty ripped. i just wanted to get some opinion and insights if anybody on here has tried any form of fat burners, if so how are they?? how much do they cost?? what are common side effects, if any??

YCB
05-17-2004, 03:22 PM
i have no idea about fat burners.. but what has worked for me.. is excersise, diet and committment..

clean up the diet, incorporate some cardio into your day and just be persistent.. :thumbsup:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/benblack2.htm

EnRich
05-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Fat burners DO NOT WORK... If you want to lose weight, you need to change your diet, it's just that simple... Pm me if you want a Gym membership at GOLDS GYM south, I can hook you up huge, but I gotta sign you in at 2 years, but @34 a month, no sign up...

Rich

davidI
05-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Fat burners work but in a bad way. Generally they increase your heart rate and can cause weird problems. Ephedra is now illegal in Canada I believe and it was the main active ingredient in most of the fat burners you would have heard of. Most bodybuilders take ECA stacks which are Ephedra, Caffeine and Aspirin to lose weight. I wouldn't advise doing any of these unless you want to die at a young age.

Get your diet in check and do some lifting and cardio and you'll shed the pounds in a hurry. An easy thing to do is drink a lot of really cold water. The body burns calories warming the cold water up in your body.

CKY
05-18-2004, 01:02 AM
i guess the fatburner idea is gone now, i guess there is no easy way to losing the pounds, can any of you guys recommend me a diet program?? like just general guidelines on try eating so and so and don't eat so and so, since i doubt i can keep up with a diet program for more than a week. so now my plans are follow the bowflex training programs (my cousins are moving out of town so they gave it to us), do some running at least once a week, and a light diet program. hopefully i can shed those pounds by the end of summer

davidI
05-18-2004, 01:35 AM
Just manage your calories. 1 gram of protein or carbs = 4 calories and 1 gram of fat = 9 calories. This doesn't necessarily mean limit the fat though as fat will make you feel 'fuller'. The real idea is to limit your portions. I'm not a fan of low carb diets because you'll be lacking energy and it's really not a healthy way of eating. Most people into lifting use 40/40/20 splits that meaning 40% protein and carbs and 20% fat in their diet. Often these people are trying to increase muscle mass and aren't necessarily worried about losing fat. The more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn while doing anything EVEN sleeping. This is why weight training is often incorporated into cardio programs for fatloss. I'm an ectomorph (skinny!) and have a tough time gaining weight so I'm not going to give diet suggestions to you as I know more about gaining weight than losing it but watch your portion sizes, eat 6 small meals a day instead of larger ones and drink lots of water. Mainly, stay motivated and stick to it because that's often the toughest part.

YCB
05-18-2004, 01:40 AM
^^^ this guy knows what he is talkin about :thumbsup:

gggunit
02-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Just read this thread and thought other people might be interested as well.. good thread

Bump:thumbsup: