PDA

View Full Version : price of a used 2004 subaru? what's it worth?

vincent-h
05-17-2004, 04:16 PM
I just bought a brand new 2004 subaru impreza ts. I was maybe thinking of selling it because now i want to save up 1 year for a wrx instead. just wondering what it would be worth?

It's pretty much bone stock. I have a shoft shifter and a new boot and knob but those are easily swappable back to bone stock. also has a fully loaded compustar alarm on it now. the car is in mint condition as well.

well broken it 3 oil changes are regular intervals at 700,1400,and 2500. now waiting for the 6000km first service. DUring break in was never above 4000 rpm except at some controlled burst of speed and when driving long than 10-15 minuts in one gear i manged ot varry the rpms and everything. broken in quite well. Also still has the air bag warning stick in the glove compartment...:dunno: haha. I've also never hit it over 5500 rpm. Fuel milage i usually fill it after i have travelled 600kms on the 60l tanks with 5-10 litres or so to spare in the tank. Don't know if ths is relevent information or not.

Just wondering what would be a reasonable selling price for this car? and shoudl the short shfiter be left in or not. I tried checking canada.com for average prices but I didn't find anything so could. So just asking around here. I've heard subaru's hold their value really well. But who knows.

thanks for any input or anything i should add that might matter?

Thanks a lot

Vincent

Weapon_R
05-17-2004, 04:19 PM
How much did you pay for it?

vincent-h
05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
23.950 plus taxes. i don't know something like 26000 total.
forgot it also has 3m hood guard

That.Guy.S30
05-17-2004, 05:46 PM
if you trade it into the dealership you are goin to get raped by 3-4 g's.

i was goin to lose 7g's with a tax rebate if i trade it in for a new legacy. thats a lot of money on two years. so i dunno man im guesing the dealership will give you 20? if you sell it outside im pretty sure you can get a bit higher of a price.

vincent-h
05-17-2004, 05:48 PM
so ur saying i can maybe get 21,000-23,000 for it? tax in?

2000impreza
05-17-2004, 06:15 PM
19 000 - 20 000 tops if your lucky. you could just go ask the dealership what the trade in value of your car is...

CRXguy
05-17-2004, 07:59 PM
so why didn't you get the wrx in the first place? :dunno:

That.Guy.S30
05-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
so why didn't you get the wrx in the first place? :dunno:

hey buddy back off that topic.. lol j/k hahaahaha im in the same boat as him

2000impreza
05-17-2004, 08:32 PM
minimum your going to lose 6g's from what you paid out the door... probably more. even guys that sell "used" sti's that drive off the dealership lot practically new lose 6g's from the price they paid.

max_boost
05-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Prepared to get raped! haha

I wish I got a convertible instead of the coupe :(

Is the car leased or finance? Or did you buy it straight out? I think best thing for you to do is to have a family member take over payments :D

vincent-h
05-17-2004, 10:24 PM
I didn't get a wrx off the bat because i didn't realize how under supplied the modifications were for a impreza especially in n/a tuning. even if i was to tune it to be n/a or turbo would be a pain in the ass to drive it to a awd dyno and take advatage of it.

so i was shit outta luck either way cost me jsut as much to slap a turbo then to get a wrx.

so wrx it is haha

vincent-h
05-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Prepared to get raped! haha

I wish I got a convertible instead of the coupe :(

Is the car leased or finance? Or did you buy it straight out? I think best thing for you to do is to have a family member take over payments :D

I financed it.

C4S
05-17-2004, 10:57 PM
First, you can not count the taxes, you will lose all the taxes and accessories...then take about 15 % OFF .. should be a realistic selling price for 1 yr old car.

so, if u paid $24K plus tax .. probaby u can ask $22K TO 23k, and probaby get $21K.
the biggest problem is .. the new subaru is now on super low interest rate program, 1.9% or something like that ( unless it is a STi, then 8.9% ) so, if you sell your car for $21K, but the buyer may need to pay 8% car loan from his bank, compare to he pays $25 or 26K from dealership, but 1.9% rate, the payment will be the same !

By the way, do u hv loan on the car ? with the low rate ? u may sell the car with the debt .. ?

it is always pain in the butt, when you sell a car after u hav it for few month ! ( but it is always the best for the buyer to buy a few months old car ! :D just like me ! a cheap man ! always buy few months old car ! )

Good Luck ! Subaru made very good car ! better then Toyota and Honda ! ( at least,m impreza is made in Japan ? )

CKY
05-18-2004, 12:03 AM
well supposely once a car hits the ground it loses nearly 1/3 of its value, so i'm thinking 20k isapproximately what dealers will give you at the most and then they'll just sell it again like its brand new:whipped:

That.Guy.S30
05-18-2004, 12:37 AM
c4s. my dealership said they would give me back in full what i paid in taxes. but the downfall to that is that i have to pay the full amount of taxes on the newer car if i purcahse it.

Xtrema
05-18-2004, 09:01 AM
You lose $3K once you drive off the lot.

Another $1K to $2K on usage.

I can't see you get more than $21K for your ride.

The problem is, dealer gives better rate and choices on color and options than you ever will. So unless you gives out significant discount over a new car, I doubt you can get rid of it that easy.

Being a manual also remove a good chunk of the market that would consider a TS (soccor moms who wants just a wagon).

Sounds like it's a case where you didn't do enough research before you buy a car. Unless you're ready to lose some $$, you're probably stuck with it for a while.

That.Guy.S30
05-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
You lose $3K once you drive off the lot.

Another $1K to $2K on usage.

I can't see you get more than $21K for your ride.

The problem is, dealer gives better rate and choices on color and options than you ever will. So unless you gives out significant discount over a new car, I doubt you can get rid of it that easy.

Being a manual also remove a good chunk of the market that would consider a TS (soccor moms who wants just a wagon).

Sounds like it's a case where you didn't do enough research before you buy a car. Unless you're ready to lose some $$, you're probably stuck with it for a while.

ts are not soccer moms cars dude. back off your on holy grounds right now and for the record he has a SEDAN.

That.Guy.S30
05-18-2004, 09:46 AM
yo why dont you go to cobbtuning.com they have tons of support for our cars but the downside is it gets expensive. other companies are brullen, borla, mrt, twe, scoobysport. tons man tons.

vincent-h
05-18-2004, 09:56 AM
cuz my second problem is ther eis no awd dyno in alberta.

no matter how good the parts i get. without good tuning all those good parts go to waste. and the tranny on the impreza is too weak to be able to pull that hard.

swapping my tranny turboing it etc becomes awrx anyways except wrx has a lsd.

That.Guy.S30
05-18-2004, 10:01 AM
yea man im in the same boat as you, cept i want the legacy.i lose like 7 g's up front.

screw the awd dyno use the butt dyno lol!! if you think you are goin faster than you are.hahaha

Xtrema
05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

ts are not soccer moms cars dude. back off your on holy grounds right now and for the record he has a SEDAN.

Sorry, I keep thinking TS as an wagon.

bakfat
05-18-2004, 11:40 AM
lol its ok. i drive the wagon he drives the sedan. ahahahah

That.Guy.S30
05-18-2004, 11:42 AM
^^ uh that was me.. forgot to log in.