PDA

View Full Version : R32 GT-R in calgary!!

three.eighteen.
05-17-2004, 06:40 PM
sorry no pics, but as i was driving back to the office during work, i saw a white r32 gt-r parked at the kal-tire near tunerworks, decided to have a closer look, really clean, big ass FMIC too...anyone have info on this car?

kenny
05-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Probably the White GT-S w/ the RB26 swapped in + the GT-R badging. It was at the VUB show this weekend at the Oval.

fast95pony
05-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Just arrived from Japan 2 weeks ago...
I talked to the owner for a while at VUB .
Nice car...

mx73someday
05-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Just arrived from Japan 2 weeks ago...

2 weeks eh?

88CRX
05-17-2004, 09:47 PM
and its not a real gt-r. or thats what i heard :dunno: gts-t with a swap or something.

buh_buh
05-17-2004, 09:49 PM
I talked to the owner at the show, and he claims it is a GT-R.
But I was under the impression that none of the GT-R's made had a rear wiper, and that one did. If it is a real GT-R, then it is obviously illegal, but if its a GT-S, then :thumbsdow to the owner for claiming it is a GT-R and badging it as a GT-R when clearly it is not.

calgarys13
05-17-2004, 10:39 PM
shit i totally forgot about rear wiper..i got yelled at for lying on my back and trying to look under the car at the show...so kinda makes you think:thumbsdow my moneys on gts

blinkme_210
05-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Also check out the front grill. GTR's have a 2 line grill, and the hood doesn't come down past the headlights. While the GTS hoods come straight down and meets the bumper.

calgarys13
05-17-2004, 11:40 PM
the grill was a gtr on the car but thats a 2inute swap.....drivetrain swap takes a little more..id say gts

CKY
05-18-2004, 12:14 AM
well wether it is a gts or a gtr, it is still nontheless a nice and one of a kind car in calgary:thumbsup:

GorG
05-18-2004, 12:16 AM
i've seen one GT-R on import Concern for sale with a rear wiper, i'll try to find the pic for it... and i did....... http://www.importconcern.ca/broker/10165/

Redlyne_mr2
05-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Hopefully the owner of that POS reads this thread. Maybe it will humble him up a bit and he'll realize he isnt the champion of the universe with his $4000 car

1-Bar
05-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Hopefully the owner of that POS reads this thread. Maybe it will humble him up a bit and he'll realize he isnt the champion of the universe with his $4000 car

:werd: That guy was a cocky bastard when I tried to talk to him....just brushed me off.

That.Guy.S30
05-18-2004, 01:03 AM
i think all skylines have wipers

fast95pony
05-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

:werd: That guy was a cocky bastard when I tried to talk to him....just brushed me off.

He was sure trying hard to impress me...maybe a little too hard.
He was telling me how rare it was, and how he intends to increase the hp up to 600+ ...

Would it not be more valuable in an unmolested state ??

BigMass
05-18-2004, 08:40 AM
lol! Yes GTRs kick ass, but people are soon going to have to start facing the reality that they are NOT rare. Anybody with $10-15,000 can buy one. Not exactly what i would call an exclusive car.

benyl
05-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah, the dude gave me a lot of attitude when I was taking pictures of it... I am tempted not to post them... hehe

shadowz
05-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Yea its pretty tight watching that guy drift on 17th and almost hit me and my gf

redbaron303
05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
That guy is a tool. He ran into a TREE on the way down to Calgary, claims his car is the only one in Canada while trying to pick up every model in the building (vub), and adimantly tells a friend the GTR is a 1990.

That car is here illegally, if you see it anymore beware and try to avoid any traffic accidents with him for your own good..... I'm not sure if insurance companies still offer to cover the injured third party if their client is being investigated for insurance fraud (which is what happens when you lie about a car and your insurance co finds out).

The owner also refused to tell anyone how much he paid for the car, b/c I think he knows he paid more than he should have.....

The best thing about seeing that car at VUB was his reaction to not taking home best JDM when the awards were handed out.... The though that his stock GTR w/ hks cone filters & a set of rims would put him as a contender for best JDM.... The comments we overheard while talking with the Creations group from RD were something else from the owner of the GTR expressing his dissapointment over not winning!

redbaron303
05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
The comment about them not being rare.... I think they will most likely stay somewhat rare b/c of maintanence costs. People buying this car thinking it's cheap to fix have another thing coming. :)

Oh well, I'll still get one just to annihilate the DSMers that mocked my Z in the past.... :D

Shaolin
05-18-2004, 11:31 AM
is this guy from calgary? i didn't see any pics of the owner from VUB.. just wanna see who this clown is.

Drew
05-18-2004, 11:59 AM
so am i right to think that the only legal way to get a skyline in canada is to wait till august when the 89 is 15 years old and find one in the states?

JAYMEZ
05-18-2004, 12:01 PM
www.importconcern.ca ... check it out Drew

rice_eater
05-18-2004, 12:38 PM
we saw it last night downtown :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: RHD too :love:

aRtET
05-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Yah I just saw that tool drive by here on 17th just now trying to impress little kids in high school.....what a tool....

redbaron303
05-18-2004, 01:26 PM
I thought he was an Edmonton resident but I could be wrong with that, he was displayed in the Karbz booth @ VUB.

The only legal way to bring in a GTR is by the month it was produced at the time it becomes 15 years old. In August 2004, August 1989 produced cars will be legal for importation...

GTR's from the USA are inadmissable to import as they're not a US Domestic market car and were not sold at the time of manufacture in the States & thus the RIV list does not apply to them. They're still a Japanese Domestic Market car and as such will follow our 15 year old rule, regardless as to what country you buy them from. :)

HOpefully that helps with that question>

For those of you that have seen the car, has the bumper been fixed yet?

Tilly
05-18-2004, 01:53 PM
saw it yesterday on 16th.. very nice!!

$tillqls
05-18-2004, 04:20 PM
the car is definatly illegal
it will get impounded pretty soon

MM93
05-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Guessing its not a GTR........

:R32 Nissan Skyline GTS, GTS-t, GTS-t Type M - First manufactured in May 1989, the first examples will not be legal for import until May 2004. The serial number prefixes will be HR32 or HCR32.

Still looks nice......I have a picture and thats all i need!

THanks for the link JAYMEZ_STi

redbaron303
05-18-2004, 05:54 PM
No it's a GTR.... serial # is BNR32-numbers :) Photos to verify that....

abc1
05-18-2004, 06:02 PM
there's a skyline down where i live (or up I should say :p) it's a 88 gts-t. don't have pics either to show everyone.

H4LFY2nR
05-18-2004, 06:39 PM
The owner is a tool. I was trying to talk to him about it and he was just a cocky bastard. Some highlights were:

Me: how did you get it here? (who imported it)
Him: I imported it from Japan. -(no sh!t)

Me:Is this a real GTR?
Him: Ya it is and its got more than 400hp, it can beat a Vipa!!! -(said in a really toolish tone)

I wanted to ask how it got through customs if it was a real GTR but I didn't and now I regret it. Ha ha ha what a tool, if its a GTR I hope he gets caught for being such an asshat, but it would be sad to see the car get chopped.

calgarys13
05-18-2004, 07:20 PM
i asked him allo those questions talked to him for a good 45 minutes....total tool..how did u import it...a guy i know did it.....howd it get by customs???we didn't go through customs...it has over 500hp and the internals insside can handel upto 1600!!the guy knew next to nothing about i asked him what kind of turbos they were and he told me they were nismo..asked the specs and he changed subject...what oil weight do you put in it...only japanese oil its the best!!!!tooool:thumbsdow

turbojohngt
05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
i asked him allo those questions talked to him for a good 45 minutes....total tool..how did u import it...a guy i know did it.....howd it get by customs???we didn't go through customs...it has over 500hp and the internals insside can handel upto 1600!!the guy knew next to nothing about i asked him what kind of turbos they were and he told me they were nismo..asked the specs and he changed subject...what oil weight do you put in it...only japanese oil its the best!!!!tooool:thumbsdow

ROTFL :rofl: Nismo turbo's :rofl: japanese oil :rofl: What a dicktree.

JAYMEZ
05-18-2004, 07:46 PM
lol , oh man , i wish i got to talk to the tool

Alpine Autowerks
05-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
shit i totally forgot about rear wiper..i got yelled at for lying on my back and trying to look under the car at the show...so kinda makes you think:thumbsdow my moneys on gts

I took a look under the back, diff soaked in oil , rust and overspray. rear tires had 1 INCH wide band worn through to the steel cords.

POS :thumbsdow

1-Bar
05-18-2004, 08:11 PM
what a total waste of a nice car on such a ghey owner....

EK 2.0
05-18-2004, 08:35 PM
When a few of us went to go scope it out the hood was closed...we wanted a look under the hood and under the car, so we distracted the guy and our own lil Sherlock got under it to see...it was a GT-S to the best of our knowledge, and when asked if we could see under the hood he gave us a 30th of a second look as soon as he opened it he slammed it in our faces...

Let me tell you, if I had a GT-R, it would be on jackstands at the show, so I could show everyone the AWD systems...

But hey that's just me, who knows I would prolly use USDM oil too...:rofl:

civicluva
05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Beat a Viper? I would like to see that homo try and race a viper at race city. He'll get owned straight of the line without a doubt. :thumbsdow You can import a GT-S for like 6-7 grand too. Not that expensive.

That.Guy.S30
05-18-2004, 11:45 PM
^^ dude it is a gt-r. if he did have 4-500 hp i think he would give the viper a good run for its money

calgarys13
05-19-2004, 12:15 AM
well if anyone on the forum knows him i call him out to come over and lemme take a look under his car....and the drive it to be sure:clap:

H4LFY2nR
05-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by civicluva
Beat a Viper?

No no no you're saying it wrong...... IT CAN BEAT A VIPA!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Girlie_racer
05-19-2004, 09:37 AM
His name is Daniel. He just moved to edmonton from Newfoundland. He's a pretty nice guy once you get to know him.
As for talking car talk he's pretty new to the scene, he only met up with the karbz boy's the day before the show so they didn't have much time to get it ready but it is a work in progress. Regaurdless of the value, year or model IMO nice ride!
Give him time he'll learn how the scene works.

sexy_sunshine
05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Supposedly the guy paid $45,000 just to get it here from Japan. His friend with the j-body overheard the conversation the guy was having with us and told us that. The owner of the skyline just got right pissed at this guy and told the guy to shutup. Everytime my bf and I and a friend of ours tried to ask him a question he kept walking away......very cocky indeed. It's for sure imported illegally cause he wouldn't tell us a damn thing.

BumpinTalon
05-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a rich kid to me, with no appreciation of his car... and if the importconcern guys said it is a GT-R, then it is a GT-R :)

buh_buh
05-19-2004, 12:57 PM
$45k?!
in 3 months he can get one for a third the price!!!:rofl:

1-Bar
05-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
$45k?!
in 3 months he can get one for a third the price!!!:rofl:

Yeah...but I guess he wanted one really badly. But then again he could have purchased 3....

Hollywood
05-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Yea its pretty tight watching that guy drift on 17th and almost hit me and my gf

I'm mad now.

A. You can be a rich daddy's kid.
B. You can rude to people.
C. You can be totally stupid but yet u think you know everything.
D. You can import an illegal car.

But you cant be one thing......

E. DONT BE A FUCKING LOOSER ON THE STREET! IF YOU WOULD HAVE HIT MY GIRLFRIEND ON THE STREET IT WOULD PROBLY BE LAST DAY YOU WOULD ENJOY YOUR STUPID RICE BURNER!

/END rant

GQNammer
05-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

I'm mad now.

A. You can be a rich daddy's kid.
B. You can rude to people.
C. You can be totally stupid but yet u think you know everything.
D. You can import an illegal car.

But you cant be one thing......

E. DONT BE A FUCKING LOOSER ON THE STREET! IF YOU WOULD HAVE HIT MY GIRLFRIEND ON THE STREET IT WOULD PROBLY BE LAST DAY YOU WOULD ENJOY YOUR STUPID RICE BURNER!

/END rant

I 2nd that motion

Girlie_racer
05-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Why is it everytime someone has something nice they are automatically pin pointed as a spoiled rich kid???
Me no understand this stereo type???????
Maybe he has a really good job and paid for it himself:dunno:
Oh wait.... yes that he does and that he did:nut:

finboy
05-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Girlie_racer
Why is it everytime someone has something nice they are automatically pin pointed as a spoiled rich kid???

okay, he might not be a rich kid, but it seems he's a dickhead f&f style driver, who doesn't know what he's talking about, and payed way too much for an illegal POS? i think that about sums it up.

Churchy
05-19-2004, 06:05 PM

May be if you passed highschool school you would understand.

E. DONT BE A FUCKING LOOSER ON THE STREET!

What else really matters when he is doing this almost hitting people. What if that was you Girlie standing with your boyfriend. You would probly care less of how the car was paid for after that.

Duh!!:thumbsdow

three.eighteen.
05-19-2004, 06:07 PM
uhh so how much will a r32 gt-r be when its available for import??

That.Guy.S30
05-19-2004, 06:26 PM
depending on the condition it can roll anywhere from 9-30 g's. cars with 4-4.5 raging(out of 5) will cost from 15-25g's.

Girlie_racer
05-19-2004, 08:55 PM
I GUESS YOU CAN'T READ TALK ABOUT ME???
in no way shape or form was i defending the way he drives!
cause that i do not agree with... i was just stating that some people should not asume that just cause you have a nice car means your a spoiled rich kid some people work hard for what they got.

Originally posted by Churchy

May be if you passed highschool school you would understand.

What else really matters when he is doing this almost hitting people. What if that was you Girlie standing with your boyfriend. You would probly care less of how the car was paid for after that.

Duh!!:thumbsdow

cocoabrova
05-19-2004, 10:13 PM
I thought all GT-R's have flared fenders/quarter panels.....

civicluva
05-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Are you guys fucking me? Its not a GT-R. They are illegal until August I think, but anyway, if you wrote down his VIN number and run a Carfax you'll see its a GT-S from the states. :guns: for rebadging.

1-Bar
05-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by finboy

okay, he might not be a rich kid, but it seems he's a dickhead f&f style driver, who doesn't know what he's talking about, and payed way too much for an illegal POS? i think that about sums it up.

:werd:

His name is Daniel. He just moved to edmonton from Newfoundland. He's a pretty nice guy once you get to know him.
As for talking car talk he's pretty new to the scene, he only met up with the karbz boy's the day before the show so they didn't have much time to get it ready but it is a work in progress. Regaurdless of the value, year or model IMO nice ride!
Give him time he'll learn how the scene works.

Still doesn't give him reason to be such a jerk....

eclipsegsx
05-20-2004, 10:23 AM
I have personally worked on this car.It is a gt-r with all wheel drive.The owner plans on putting alot of money into this car and making it look good.

He is not a spoiled daddys boy.He works six months out of the year on the rigs then comes home.

He is cocky and some what of a tool. He doesnt mean any harm though.

It is unfortunate that people need to attack him personally because of what he drives or how much he payed for his car.

Maybe he's just trying to fit in.

Give him a chance.I'd say he has a pretty good base to build a beautiful show car on.

P.s. he didnt hit a tree. A 2*4 flew off a flatdeck truck on the highway.

That.Guy.S30
05-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Are you guys fucking me? Its not a GT-R. They are illegal until August I think, but anyway, if you wrote down his VIN number and run a Carfax you'll see its a GT-S from the states. :guns: for rebadging.

have you been reading any of these posts?
IT IS A 1990 skyline r32 GT-R. he got it ILLEGALLY imported. and it is a skyline vin. ask the guys at importconcern.ca they probably know more about skylines than anyone on this site. they also said it was a gt-r and checked the vin.

pr0
05-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Why is he driving an illegal GT-R? He should know better. Cops will impound his vehicle if they see him driving it. :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
05-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by pr0
Why is he driving an illegal GT-R? He should know better. Cops will impound his vehicle if they see him driving it. :thumbsdow

Unfortunately Police don't know any better, it is just gonna hurt when *god forbid* he should get into any sort of a collision, and then the not at fault party may have to pay out of thier pockets...I do have to say though that it is a nice ride...just he should have waited till its legit...

Hollywood
05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by pr0

So basically another reason for cops to pull over imports. "We need to check your VIN number."

Kinda ruins it for other people that are legally importing/imported a non canada specific vehicle, or a RHD, in that they now more of a have a chance to harrass imported imports.

Welcome to the community! Your doing well trying to fit in!

GT2NV
05-20-2004, 12:04 PM
on roll in this guy was hitting rev limiter just so everyone would look at his car:rolleyes:

three.eighteen.
05-20-2004, 12:05 PM
good for him he has a nice car...but if he's a jackass, why bother talking to him...a year from now there will be nice guys, that know what theyre talking, about owning skylines...i'll wait till then, in fact...i might even buy one...:nut:

jdmsource
05-20-2004, 12:10 PM
lol i wonder if he is on here reading all this hehehe
:rofl:

Orbie
05-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by eclipsegsx
I have personally worked on this car.It is a gt-r with all wheel drive.The owner plans on putting alot of money into this car and making it look good.

He is not a spoiled daddys boy.He works six months out of the year on the rigs then comes home.

He is cocky and some what of a tool. He doesnt mean any harm though.

It is unfortunate that people need to attack him personally because of what he drives or how much he payed for his car.

Maybe he's just trying to fit in.

Give him a chance.I'd say he has a pretty good base to build a beautiful show car on.

P.s. he didnt hit a tree. A 2*4 flew off a flatdeck truck on the highway.

None of this excuses the fact that he drives like some crazed monkey and almost smoked someone drifting through a corner. Normally I wouldn't take one persons experience as gospel but it looks like many people have seen this car burning around like an idiot trying to get attention. If you have a nice car there are a lot more safer, mature ways to drive it and show it off. Besides it's a GT-R, people will admire it even if you drive like a granny!

I don't care if he's a dick or the nicest guy ever that crawled through and cleaned sewage systems to afford the car, if he's a dick on the road that tells me enough about his character.

Oh yeah I forgot, when your trying to fit into a scene or group, the first thing you do is act like an ass and treat people who just want to know more about you or your car like scum. If that's what this guy thinks you need to do to fit in, he needs some lessons in interpersonal skills.

Hollywood
05-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

None of this excuses the fact that he drives like some crazed monkey and almost smoked someone drifting through a corner. Normally I wouldn't take one persons experience as gospel but it looks like many people have seen this car burning around like an idiot trying to get attention. If you have a nice car there are a lot more safer, mature ways to drive it and show it off. Besides it's a GT-R, people will admire it even if you drive like a granny!

I don't care if he's a dick or the nicest guy ever that crawled through and cleaned sewage systems to afford the car, if he's a dick on the road that tells me enough about his character.

Oh yeah I forgot, when your trying to fit into a scene or group, the first thing you do is act like an ass and treat people who just want to know more about you or your car like scum. If that's what this guy thinks you need to do to fit in, he needs some lessons in interpersonal skills.

redbaron303
05-20-2004, 05:14 PM
I agree with the posts made by Hollywood and Orbie.

He needs to learn how to conduct himself in a different manner if he wants acceptance. Telling us he's too good for us and being a snobby concieted little asshole won't get him very far with most of us I'm sure.

The FACT that he drives a machine that was imported illegally isn't the biggest concern, it's what happens when an insurance investigation is launched and he's charged with insurance fraud and looses coverage.... is the person he hit going to be out of a claim, a car, and some money for damages incurred thanks to this asshat?

The car has been spotted in Edmonton for like the last 5 months, and was imported by a guy just outside of Sherwood park. It was being advertised inteh Autotrader for ~$35 000.00 obo. I know you can buy and import one in better condition for $20 000.00 landed legally w/ all taxes and such paid on it through us or our legit competition.

If people need to have something soo bad it's a shame that they don't think about the other people they affect. When these guys get caught driving illegal cars and have them repo'd by Customs and their insurance revoked how will it affect the rest of us buying imported cars? Will we be able to attain coverage through our insurance broker now w/ the same ease as I presently get mine with? Or Am I going to have to jump through ropes and pay a hopped up premium because of bullshit like this?

If someone is a disbeliever that this car in qustion is a GTR I have some photos of it and the serial number (firewall and build plate) if those can be of interest to you. But I will not post them here on the net as it's not my place to do so.

In the end, his car is still here , he got ripped off, and he's an arrogant asshole seeking the rest of the SCC/Import enthusiasts attention by driving around with his head up his ass and thinking he's cool b/c he just about took out a couple of members rides... truely sad, and I hope he gets an eye opener that won't cost anyone their lives or serious injury. These imported RHD cars need to be driven with respect, it's not 100% the same as a LHD machine!

H4LFY2nR
05-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Good call.

Hollywood
05-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303
If people need to have something soo bad it's a shame that they don't think about the other people they affect.

When these guys get caught driving illegal cars and have them repo'd by Customs and their insurance revoked how will it affect the rest of us buying imported cars? Will we be able to attain coverage through our insurance broker now w/ the same ease as I presently get mine with? Or Am I going to have to jump through ropes and pay a hopped up premium because of bullshit like this?

Exactly!

Not only the cops might be testy to see a skyline after dealings with illegals, but now insurance companies that have a bad run, ie: found out it really is illegal after insuring people like this, they may be reluctant to insure any other skyline after that even if it is legally imported.

Go4Long
05-20-2004, 10:27 PM
for those of you claiming, or thinking for that matter that that car is an RB20DET powered GTS-T or the likes, sorry to dissapoint you, but it is a GTR, look at the valve cover,. and yes, even with the visible mods and the guy being a tool I would still bet that the car could beat a viper. The R32 GT-R's were the lightest of the GTRs, they ran a 4.9 second zero to sixty and a 13 second quarter. basic bolt ons and turbos doubled their horsepower...you do the math.

too bad about the guy being an ass though

buh_buh
05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
for those of you claiming, or thinking for that matter that that car is an RB20DET powered GTS-T or the likes, sorry to dissapoint you, but it is a GTR, look at the valve cover yes but if you actually read the thread you would've known that we suspected it was a GTS with a RB26 swap. But thanks for reading.:thumbsup:

Hollywood
05-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long
I would still bet that the car could beat a viper. The R32 GT-R's were the lightest of the GTRs, they ran a 4.9 second zero to sixty and a 13 second quarter. basic bolt ons and turbos doubled their horsepower...you do the math.

No.

Basic bolt ons do not double the hp. But thanks for comming out. As double the hp would be 560 to the flywheel.

Basic bolt ons, ie: intake, exhaust, and downpipes will yeild around 400 flywheel hp. Not sure if that includes cats or not.

Originally posted by buh_buh
yes but if you actually read the thread you would've known that we suspected it was a GTS with a RB26 swap. But thanks for reading.:thumbsup:

Ya welcome to grade 2 reading comprehension.

Alpine Autowerks
05-21-2004, 08:25 AM
does anybody know of an instance of a illegal car being impounded or any other problem after crossing the border?
if the taxes are paid nobody seems to care. I have seen many "illegal" cars in my shop over the years and once they are here it does not seem to be a problem. registries and insurance companies just fill in the missing check digits in the VIN and take the payment. they whine a little about some of the different parts but they have to pay to replace what is on the car at the time of the accident.

That.Guy.S30
05-21-2004, 11:19 AM

No.

Basic bolt ons do not double the hp. But thanks for comming out. As double the hp would be 560 to the flywheel.

Basic bolt ons, ie: intake, exhaust, and downpipes will yeild around 400 flywheel hp. Not sure if that includes cats or not.

yes that would have to include hiflow cats but even with that he might not even hit 400hp. it was discussed on gtrcanada.com

Hollywood
05-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
does anybody know of an instance of a illegal car being impounded or any other problem after crossing the border?
if the taxes are paid nobody seems to care. I have seen many "illegal" cars in my shop over the years and once they are here it does not seem to be a problem. registries and insurance companies just fill in the missing check digits in the VIN and take the payment. they whine a little about some of the different parts but they have to pay to replace what is on the car at the time of the accident.

German vehicles already seem to get less attention from popo and insurace companies compaired to imports IMO. Imports seem a little more blacklisted.

Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
yes that would have to include hiflow cats but even with that he might not even hit 400hp. it was discussed on gtrcanada.com

Thanks for confirming that. Ya what I ment was if it was 400hp without any cats or with cats of any type.

P.S. I have been a bit grouchy in the thread.

ninjak84
05-21-2004, 05:41 PM
So basically another reason for cops to pull over imports.

bah
cops will be cops!

EK 2.0
05-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

bah
cops will be cops!

Its been my exipirience that Police were really great people till the lil Brian Spilner ditty came out a few years back...its been since then that import owners have been feeling the rash of tikets and hard times...cause of the the lil kids with their washer LED's and the others who have fast tuned and modded imports that drive like jackasses...I dont care if the car is legit or not, or if it is a GT-R or GT-S, but drive with a lil decorum, it goes a LONG way...

finboy
05-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Its been my exipirience that Police were really great people till the lil Brian Spilner ditty came out a few years back...its been since then that import owners have been feeling the rash of tikets and hard times...cause of the the lil kids with their washer LED's and the others who have fast tuned and modded imports that drive like jackasses...I dont care if the car is legit or not, or if it is a GT-R or GT-S, but drive with a lil decorum, it goes a LONG way...

and that is exactly why you build a sleeper :thumbsup:

look stock, haul ass

Hollywood
05-21-2004, 06:17 PM

look stock, haul ass

Problem with that is how much of a powerfull 4cyl sleeper can u make with a super quiet exhaust. Generally the 2 dont go together.

ie:
3" exhausts
no cats/high flow cats
external wastegates
BOV's

turbojohngt
05-21-2004, 10:23 PM

look stock, haul ass

:thumbsup:

finboy
05-22-2004, 01:13 AM

Problem with that is how much of a powerfull 4cyl sleeper can u make with a super quiet exhaust. Generally the 2 dont go together.

ie:
3" exhausts
no cats/high flow cats
external wastegates
BOV's

for now i'll be running a dynomax ultraflow dumping out the side (3") but if you want to quiet exhaust, get a smaller system with a resonator and quiet muffler and invest in an electric dump on the down pipe, this is what i'll probably do later in the season. wastegate and BOV can be recirculated if needed, personally i'm keeping mine vented but it has a filter so it will probably quiet it a bit :thumbsdow .

hell for rims i like as small as possible to fit over big brakes, luckily i can still fit 15's with a little work, and the fact that they are black is even better, they'll probably look like steelies when they are moving :bigpimp:

DeathBy240
05-22-2004, 04:04 PM

Too bad you cant do that as the car has a Serial number not a VIN.

$tillqls
05-22-2004, 04:29 PM
he's pretty new to the scene.
and he buys a skyline?
what a fag, i want to smack him hard in the face.

chris
05-23-2004, 12:19 AM
if this guy knows nothing about cars, why does he get to have a dope ass gt-r, its not fair. As for converting a gts to a gtr, that would be a bitch, i dont think nybody would do that, rwd to awd, new engine, new front end and on and on. I kinda want to know how he got it through customs, why would the guy say it didn't go through customs, everything coming from overseas has to go through customs, this guy must be a complete doof judging by some of the posts in this thread, he doesnt even know how Canadian customs work.

Redlyne_mr2
05-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by chris
if this guy knows nothing about cars, why does he get to have a dope ass gt-r, its not fair. As for converting a gts to a gtr, that would be a bitch, i dont think nybody would do that, rwd to awd, new engine, new front end and on and on. I kinda want to know how he got it through customs, why would the guy say it didn't go through customs, everything coming from overseas has to go through customs, this guy must be a complete doof judging by some of the posts in this thread, he doesnt even know how Canadian customs work.
I hate to stereotype but there are alot of dumb Newfies like him floating around Alberta. They hear about the rigs and how you can make so much money so they move out here get jobs, credit cards, new vehicles, expensive apartments and live pay cheque to pay cheque then once the rigs shutdown for a period and they are out of work they end up defaulting on all their payments and end up moving back to Newfoundland broke and bankrupt.

Kamen
05-23-2004, 12:44 AM
Yea, I met a couple Newfies like that last summer when I was working for Coke.

TypeS
05-23-2004, 11:50 AM
quick question for the IC guys then...why did the car lack the tell-tale GT-R Wing? When I was at the show, the first thing that came to my mind was....hhmm, no wing...i thought all gtr's had wings... and then ofcourse i heard people talking amongst each other that it was not a real GT-R, so I assumed they were right. But in the recent light that it infact IS a GT-R, whats the deal? did he take the wing off? did it not come with one? or am i just stupid for thinking that all R32 GT-R's came with the wing....

mx73someday
05-23-2004, 12:42 PM
I've seen a few wingless-GT-Rs, but as far as I can tell, all the GT-Rs came with rear spoilers.. It had a BNR32-00XXXX serial number, so it was genuine. It would not be cost effective to take a base GTS-4 and convert it to widebody and add an RB26DETT.

buh_buh
05-23-2004, 02:05 PM
could it be possible he swapped serial plates?
I also noticed the plate said it was indeed a GTR, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to swap a serial plate. I don't know about going from RWD to AWD though.:dunno:

redbaron303
05-24-2004, 09:45 AM
He would have had to have swapped the entire firewall off as well, he'd have widebody fenders on the front of the car for "swapping the front clip" and GTS fenders on the rear if it was not authentic. As mx73someday mentioned it's deffinatly not cost effective to try and swap a GTS-4 into the GTR model but just cheaper to buy a GTR.

schurchill39
05-24-2004, 06:04 PM
Alright this is going to sound stupid but what makes this car illegal, i am not understanding this 15 year rule. And i thought a right hand drive car was illegal in canada, arent skylines right hand drive?

H4LFY2nR
05-24-2004, 06:32 PM
A car must be at least 15 years old to the month for it to be imported LEGALLY. Its probally to protect the manufacturers here and such. Redbaron can explain further if you like, or go to importconcern.ca and read about importing. And RHD vehicles are not illegal but I assume its a pain in the ass to make lefthand turns and pass.:)

Alpine Autowerks
05-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Car less than 15 years must conform to Canadian requirements; this is mostly feasible to cars made for US market with a few differences between US and CDN regs. Daytime running light, child seat anchors, 8Km/h impact bumpers French labels Metric speedo.

Cars for ROW (rest of world) vary widely, mostly in; lighting, emissions and safety.

After 15 years it is no longer required to meet all regulations. The steering wheel can be left or right.

redbaron303
05-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Here is a post I put on another page that I moderate b/c of all the questions surrounding the Skyline spottings.... Hopefully it's not to redundant for you guys (I know you've heard this 1 000 000times).... happy readings. (this is from www.nexopia.com, written by me)

There has been alot of discussion lately here on _____ about imported cars, and mainly Skylines that people are spotting in Canada now. I've prepared a statement below that explains why a car is illegal to Canada and why YOU should NOT buy it under any circumstances. This is not a ploy to gain business from you all, but rather to better educate you about our Canadian Import Laws and the admissability of Imported vehicles into Canada from foreign destinations.

I'm hoping to avoid continual thread getting posted about cars like the Skyline and the questions "why is it illegal" or "how did it get here" from coming up again. By all means I encourage discussion about exotic/rare/unique Japanese and other foreign market cars but I also encourage being well educated on the subject of importing these fine cars to Canada, so have a read and let me know what you think.

You can visit my site (Import Concern Inc.) at
www.importconcern.ca

For verifcation of what I've said and put up visit my competitions website as well JNS Imports Inc at
www.jns-imports.com

The information you're all looking for...

Here is a link to an article on my webpage that tells us a little more about this "illegal" car stuff.
http://www.importconcern.ca/articles/illegals.htm

The main things that will come out of buying a car that is newer than 15 years old from any other country than the USA and importing it to Canada is that Customs/Transport Canada will Sieze the car eventually. Also for the car to come in the importation papers must be forged as well which means when you insure and register the vehicle if it makes it past customs on its way in and you are involved in a traffic accident or something where the insurance agent will investigate your car they will find out that it is not what "you" say it is and you will be charged with insurance fraud as well as defrauding registries and falseifying (*sp?) documents!

The consequences of owning a car that has been improperlly imported outweigh the advantages of having it "NOW" as I personally love driving and would hate to loose insurance coverage for good (that's what insurance fraud does) and be out a car when customs takes it and cuts it into a 1000's of pieces.

What is an illegal imported car....

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An illegally imported vehicle is one that was declared at Customs as being 15 years old or older when it was in less than 15 years old at the time of importation. For instance, when an importer imports a vehicle manufactured in 1991 but declares it at the time of importation as being manufactured in 1988 so that it may be accepted under the "more than 15 year old rule". Please note that vehicles imported for offroad use are the only exception to the 15 year rule.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is direct from Transport Canada: (once it's here and its deamed illegal they'll search for it until they can sieze and destroy the car and charge you up the ass w/ bs)

Quote:
The illegal importation of a motor vehicle into Canada is a criminal offense. Inadmissible vehicles will be denied entry into Canada and will be detained. All storage and disposal fees are the responsibility of the importer.

This is the basic guidelines for importing.... the rules themselves are very complex and too long to post, so this is the simple answer provided by Customs/Transport Canada as to what you are allowed to bring into the country from any other country (but continental USA)

Quote:
The Motor Vehicle Safety Act and Regulations require that all vehicles imported into Canada comply, at the time of importation, with the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in effect on the date the vehicle was manufactured. Vehicles manufactured for sale in countries other than Canada and the United States do not comply with the requirements of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act, CANNOT be altered to comply and CANNOT be imported into Canada. The only exceptions to this rule are vehicles fifteen (15) years old or older as determined by the month and year in which the vehicle was manufactured

**********************What is mentioned above pertains to importing from foreign destinations other than USA. If you are interested in importing a car from the USA please visit: Registrar of Imported Vehicles, a Canadian agency that regulates the importation of US market vehicles into Canada (US Market is defined as: Vehicles built for resale in the USA, not imported for resale in the USA - Motorex Skylines are still illegal to import to Canada). **************************

Registrar of Imported Vehicles website:
www.riv.ca