PDA

View Full Version : Green Neon

jumperman8
05-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Has anyone seen that Green Neon with White Vinyl up in the Coral Springs area, i was at my freinds hosue up there, and we ran into this guy at 7/11, he told us he dropped a eclipse engine in with other specail mods, and it looked pretty clean and quite sick, sounded amazing also, jsu towndering if oyu have seen it.

dkny_stylez
05-17-2004, 10:07 PM
it's just a neon;)

CelicaST-162
05-17-2004, 10:25 PM
I know the owner, a little too ricey for my liking but each to their own.

Boost Infested
05-17-2004, 11:01 PM
i've seen it b4. i laughed so hard that i almost hit the guy in my right lane. :rofl: the 2 guys that were in the car look like they were just came back from an O TOWN audition........... :rofl: :rofl:

hampstor
05-17-2004, 11:42 PM
yeah i see that every morning on my way to work... too much uncle ben's for me!

GorG
05-18-2004, 12:39 AM
^^^^ you said it

Ridelikeme
05-18-2004, 09:03 AM
is that the neon with the huge white spoiler on the trunk.. if it is he smoked a prelude at .. um a race... the car is still hideous as hell though

QuasarCav
05-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
i've seen it b4. i laughed so hard that i almost hit the guy in my right lane. :rofl: the 2 guys that were in the car look like they were just came back from an O TOWN audition........... :rofl: :rofl:

gotta love that spoiler, extra points for the o-town auditions.

:barf:

1-Bar
05-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme
is that the neon with the huge white spoiler on the trunk.. if it is he smoked a prelude at .. um a race...

I'd luv to see that in person....

JCX
05-18-2004, 05:51 PM
I saw it parked at World Health on MacLeod last night. It's a bit over the edge for my tastes, but it looks to be nicely done as opposed to some ghetto Canadian Tire rice job. I'm curious what he REALLY has under the hood?!?!

finboy
05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

is that the neon with the huge white spoiler on the trunk.. if it is he smoked a prelude at .. um a race... the car is still hideous as hell though

so a slow car beat another slow car

:dunno:

86max
05-18-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm trying to think if this is the same one i saw on 17th ave a couple weeks back......it had neon lights EVERYWHERE....strobes, interior lights, scanners, flashing underglo etc.....this thing was a disco by itself. I'm surprised he can leave his car off for 10 min without the battery dying. Anyways, I'm not sure if it's the same car but now you have some useless info to stick in your head:D

Ridelikeme
05-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

I'd luv to see that in person....

yeah man.. its true if its the same car..

Originally posted by finboy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

so a slow car beat another slow car

:dunno:

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

lam-boy
05-18-2004, 11:21 PM

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes:

WGR4Pussies
05-19-2004, 10:03 AM
lol, ridelikeme, hahahahaha!! you douche bag, a corvette is 75 000 thousand, and a prelude is like not even half that. a prelude a is more like the wanabe mustung or camaro of the honda world, and it still sucks.

BumpinTalon
05-19-2004, 12:27 PM
I think Preludes look nice :) This Neon sounds a lot like a CRX I have seen a couple times. Bright green, white spoiler, white interior... maybe it's his new car :D

finboy
05-19-2004, 05:14 PM

preludes are definately not slow

matter of opinion i guess, i still say they are slow. now if you slap on a turbo, supercharger, major n/a build up, etc, then its a whole different story, but stock preludes = not fast.

GT2NV
05-19-2004, 05:17 PM

matter of opinion i guess, i still say they are slow. now if you slap on a turbo, supercharger, major n/a build up, etc, then its a whole different story, but stock preludes = not fast. :werd:

Chester
05-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
lol, ridelikeme, hahahahaha!! you douche bag, a corvette is 75 000 thousand, and a prelude is like not even half that. a prelude a is more like the wanabe mustung or camaro of the honda world, and it still sucks.

He wasnt comparing a prelude to a corvette, he was saying preludes are like the corvettes of honda

Ridelikeme
05-19-2004, 10:57 PM
i realize the comment was kinda lame.. but i didnt really think about how i posted it.. but ill battle this shit out anyways

if any of u have ever had the chance to ride in both civic and preludes at high speeds (say 200 km/h) u know that a civic rattles like shit and feels kinda uneezy, but a prelude holds a line and still has some power left... thats why i said floats

i never compared the cars u dipshit.. every car company tries to make a car achievable to the common consumer that has a bit more to it than economy.. the prelude is that car, just like the corvette used to be, its only recently that the corvette has skyrocketed in price, because it has a name for itself in america just as the mustang cobra does.. and dude a prelude owns a civic not only in looks but in capability.. the design is much better, civics were made to be economy cars, i still like em and have nothin against them but thats what they are.. fucker

matter of opinion i guess, i still say they are slow. now if you slap on a turbo, supercharger, major n/a build up, etc, then its a whole different story, but stock preludes = not fast.

u can make any car fast with forced induction and engine work... why do u think there are people on this site with neons that have numbers to back up their defence... and stock preludes, for being a stock 4 cylinder are fast

Originally posted by Chester

He wasnt comparing a prelude to a corvette, he was saying preludes are like the corvettes of honda

thanks man

lam-boy
05-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Chester

then wtf does that make the S2000 a freKKING F1 RACE CAR??!!

1-Bar
05-19-2004, 11:33 PM

OMG read the whole post first.....I dunno about you, but a corvette that costs 75 000 000 (=75 000 thousand) is a lot of money for a corvette. :dunno: And yes a prelude doesn't even come close to half of that amount :nut:

And for the records prelude aren't slow......stock for stock they are an excellent car.

Chester
05-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

then wtf does that make the S2000 a freKKING F1 RACE CAR??!!

hahaha i dunno ask him i was just clearifying (sp?) what he was saying:poosie:

ZorroAMG
05-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I think Yugo's are really cool cars. Anyone else agree?

finboy
05-20-2004, 10:01 PM
and stock preludes, for being a stock 4 cylinder are fast

and most stock 4 cyl's aren't fast either.

saying "for being a stock 4 cylinder, its fast" is like saying "for being a stock 3cyl, turbo fireflys are pretty fast" by comparison to other motor's in its class, it may be quicker, but is by no means fast.

speed is a matter of opinion, my opinion still stands that stock preludes = not fast, or even that quick.

Ridelikeme
05-21-2004, 12:41 AM
k.. i give up, it was a random comment, i just really like preludes and tegs and shit and when u drive suvs and trucks all the time a prelude does seem pretty damn fast..

leutyc
05-21-2004, 08:34 AM
The eninge is stock exept for intake and exhast.

90_Shelby
05-21-2004, 10:17 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For all of you that think a stock Prelude is a fast car, you have never been in a "fast" car before..........

1-Bar
05-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I think Yugo's are really cool cars. Anyone else agree?

:werd:

finboy
05-21-2004, 11:40 AM
k.. i give up, it was a random comment, i just really like preludes and tegs and shit and when u drive suvs and trucks all the time a prelude does seem pretty damn fast..

i can see why you would think a prelude is fast if all you usually ride in is trucks, suv's, etc. (except syclones, lightnings, etc.), but once you take a ride in many other cars you will begin to see how prelude's compare to other cars. i will admit the prelude is an excelent looking car, has a great all around feel, and is quite nice once it gets boost :thumbsup:

1-Bar
05-22-2004, 10:35 PM

...i will admit the prelude is an excelent looking car, has a great all around feel, and is quite nice once it gets boost :thumbsup:

all cars are nicer when there boosted!!!

Newayzz....back to the neon. Hahha.....we got soo off track.

Soooo..neone got some pics???

EK 2.0
05-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
Has anyone seen that Green Neon with White Vinyl up in the Coral Springs area, i was at my freinds hosue up there, and we ran into this guy at 7/11, he told us he dropped a eclipse engine in with other specail mods, and it looked pretty clean and quite sick, sounded amazing also, jsu towndering if oyu have seen it.

He might have dropped an Eclipse motor into that...the Neons and N/A Eclipses do share motors...

CelicaST-162
05-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

He might have dropped an Eclipse motor into that...the Neons and N/A Eclipses do share motors...

the neon has a 4G63???? Im confused, how does that work...

EK 2.0
05-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

the neon has a 4G63???? Im confused, how does that work...

no Bro...the 2G Eclipse has a 420A 4 cylinder that is shared with the Neon...

1G Turbo = 4G63
1G Non-Turbo = 4G63

2G Turbo = 4G63
2G Non-Turbo 420A

BumpinTalon
05-23-2004, 02:08 PM
There is no point to put in the 420A from an eclipse though... doesn't fit right so you have to use the Neon head anyway and you will have the same displacement and power since the motor's bottom end is the same.

GQBalla
05-24-2004, 11:44 AM
yeah but you can fit anything you want under a hood as long as you got the cash flow! whatever even though he had to use the same head its still pretty original!:clap:

hjr
05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
if i want to swap a 2jze into my peon. my uncle said he can make it fit easy. it will be soo fat. im gonna use a triple turbo setup. opinions?

EK 2.0
05-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by hjr
if i want to swap a 2jze into my peon. my uncle said he can make it fit easy. it will be soo fat. im gonna use a triple turbo setup. opinions?

Your third turbo will lag...you need a quad set-up, like our old friend VanillaAMG...(remember him??), so basically, you use two smaller snails to spool 2 huge T-88's and the peeon will haul serious butt...

spyd3r
07-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Eh.. Okay 2nd-gen N/A eclipses do not have the 420A Chrysler engine. The non-Spyders have the 4G63 and the Spyder's have the 4G64 (with the exception of the Spyder GS-T, having a 4G63T). The 420A is an engine that is almost, read -almost-, the same as a 4G63. Most parts for the 420A will bolt up to the engine but the heads are far different.

Skyline_Addict
07-30-2004, 07:01 PM

rrrrrrright. they are not slow but they're aren't THAT fast. do you know that preludes are actually quite heavy?

pr0
07-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by spyd3r
Eh.. Okay 2nd-gen N/A eclipses do not have the 420A Chrysler engine.

Umm yes they do... and I would know I have one :D

spyd3r
07-31-2004, 07:52 AM
then you're living a lie man. Look under your hood, the sticker says 4G63. I drive one as well, as well as work on them.

logix
07-31-2004, 10:22 AM
are u talking about this one?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48377

pr0
07-31-2004, 10:50 AM
then you're living a lie man. Look under your hood, the sticker says 4G63. I drive one as well, as well as work on them.

The 1G na has the 4G63 but the 2G na has the 420a.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/596000-596999/596703_4.jpg

talonboi
08-04-2004, 01:45 PM
preludes arent too fast...and arent too slow...i havent lost to one yet..their ok cars? i guess...put a stock dsm vs stock prelude..and the dsm would win...and arent they around the same horse power...juss that ones turbod and ones n/a

dezinr
08-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey all

Was that CRX an older model with a scoop and white lettering across the car?

If so it's a ghetto attempt at being a tuner....it was done in saskatchewan....the paint job is a nice rough sandpaper finish.
The scoop actually came off once when a semi passed it.

Sorry I know that was off the initial thread..but thought it might be funny to share.

Late

jumperman8
08-04-2004, 03:41 PM
I think if you do a neon right, it can have a very nice look to it, but like i siad i think this neon is over the top, so riced out, and green is jsut terrible. but i think neons can have a nice tuner look to them, if done right.
lata

EK 2.0
08-04-2004, 03:47 PM

you have a sticker on your car that says 4G63??...and are you the first owner??...I mean the previous could have stuck a sticker on it right??

HTN SWCHS
08-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by talonboi
preludes arent too fast...and arent too slow...i havent lost to one yet..their ok cars? i guess...put a stock dsm vs stock prelude..and the dsm would win...and arent they around the same horse power...juss that ones turbod and ones n/a

its not really right to say that a turbo and n/a with similar hp should run side by side in a race, wouldnt the turbo have way better accelleration??

i think the prelude is very underestimated in this forum and in the world
there are way more websites and companies dedicated to maxing the performance of civics more than preludes.
try to find a turbo or body kit for an 88-91 prelude, hard to find, whereas they have a whole list for civ's and crx's of the same age
preludes obviously look way better and stylish than civ's

ive lost track of what im saying but preludes are really nice cars, i always wanted to see a prelude ripping through a civic nation commercial

AllGoNoShow
08-16-2004, 08:47 PM
that neon aint clean and its flippin ugly as hell

GT2NV
08-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
but i think neons can have a nice tuner look to them, if done right.
lata
pretty much all cars can have a nice "tuner look" to them if there done properly.