PDA

View Full Version : why not to enter your modded car in car shows

Pages : [1] 2

JordanLotoski
05-17-2004, 10:19 PM
cause with all the talent out there specially in the toyota class.... this wins best toyota..what a joke

how does this won best toyota and the veilside gets second hahahah
http://www.virgeweb.com/Ben/psylence/VUB-05-15-04/images/9713.jpg

i can't see how that trd can be better then these...question do they hire the models to judge cars?????

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/604000-604999/604025_11_full.jpg
http://www.virgeweb.com/Ben/psylence/VUB-05-15-04/images/9592.jpg

wildkarrde
05-17-2004, 10:21 PM
I like it.

pinoyhero
05-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Interesting judging....

Wildcat
05-17-2004, 10:22 PM
actually ther was a model judge, lol :rofl:

civic_rida
05-17-2004, 10:23 PM
HEhe I dunno the trd isnt even lowered n on 15s

JordanLotoski
05-17-2004, 10:24 PM
next year iam entering my stock maxima..i cant think of another nissan in canada that can beat that:rofl:

but none the less ill win cause the car show judges have their heads up there asses:thumbsdow

Wildcat
05-17-2004, 10:30 PM
yah, justins car definetly had that one beat, but the veilside is clearly head and shoulders over both cars. from most of the responses ive heard, the judging was marginally off (when i say marginally i mean totally fucked).

EK 2.0
05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
yah, justins car definetly had that one beat, but the veilside is clearly head and shoulders over both cars. from most of the responses ive heard, the judging was marginally off (when i say marginally i mean totally fucked).

Yeah...that White DSM in the beyond booth should have one Best Mitsu...:D

Altezza
05-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Stock wheels on that Celica too...hmm...

Redlyne_mr2
Import car shows are pretty gay IMO. The judges usually have no credentials and many of the cars are extremely sub par. Look at a hot rod or classic car show, 90% of the cars in those shows are builds from the ground up. Rims , stickers and springs just wouldnt cut it at one of those shows. Compared to Domestic, classic car, and hot rod shows import shows are such a vanity fest where high school kids battle to be the "coolest" and fashion shows and hip hop stages litter the area. hehe thats my rant for the day

C4S
the first pic .... stock small wheels ?? :confused:

EK 2.0
05-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Import car shows are pretty gay IMO. The judges usually have no credentials and many of the cars are extremely sub par. Look at a hot rod or classic car show, 90% of the cars in those shows are builds from the ground up. Rims , stickers and springs just wouldnt cut it at one of those shows. Compared to Domestic, classic car, and hot rod shows import shows are such a vanity fest where high school kids battle to be the "coolest" and fashion shows and hip hop stages litter the area. hehe thats my rant for the day

I have to wholeheartedly agree...I spoke to a couple of the judges about my car, and they said basically what happens now is cars get judged on Fn'F Merit...not how clean mods are, or what time-slips you put down...There are exceptions, for example Rage winning best Merc, which was a great win, but there was a "riced" out one in another booth...He liked what i had done to my car, it was clean he said, BUT no wings, underbody, tucked wheels, fartcans and APC interior means no trophy...

Wildcat
05-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

you were robbed man :D

sad but true

finboy
05-17-2004, 10:53 PM

i agree, when comparing world of wheels judging to this one, you can definatly tell the difference. although i do agree that the judging was WAY off, it was an entertaining show none the less.

JordanLotoski
05-17-2004, 10:55 PM
but the judging is way off in everyshow....why do you guys all do it....id never do it again..i mean its alot of work and for what?

if they were smart they would have viewers choice for everyting..then nobody can say the judges are messed

finboy
05-17-2004, 10:56 PM

BUT no wings, underbody, tucked wheels, fartcans and APC interior means no trophy...

kind of makes you think people can buy their awards huh?

Lennon
05-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Funny, I was just talking to a person at Impressions today about the car that the person had in the show, and how for its class, didn't win a damn thing, and other cars that had WAY less done to it, won.... I don't know about the judging there at all...

blinkme_210
05-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by C4S
the first pic .... stock small wheels ?? :confused:

Yep, stock GT trim wheels. Hell, the whole car is prety much stock from the factory. The bodykit and spoiler are options on the Celica's, it's the TRD Attack package from Toyota. Back when I was looking into purchasing a Celica, the dealer kept trying to push me to get this very package.

Look familar?? Minus the hood spoilers, and rims of course.
http://www.quickdrive.com/VirtualAutoShow/2000Show/AutoShow/trd1.jpg

Akagi Redsuns
05-17-2004, 11:04 PM
I love those VVT-i symbols on the car. What's the point of that? That's like adversiting your car has overhead camshafts. Big deal. There is not a single Toyota Celica that doesn't come with the VVT-i system (or Toyota Echo or Corolla for that matter) and the GT-S does one better and has VVTL-i.....but anyways.

Stock 15" rims, looks like stock suspension. No TRD supercharger, just a air intake (not even a cold air intake at that) on a motor that makes 140HP stock. Best Toyota? I dunno, I wasnt at the show, but perhaps he had lot more done to the interior??? I see racing seats, and the TRD seat belt covers, hopefully there is a lot more....??? If not, that is some wacky judging. The 2nd silver one looks very clean.

O_J
05-17-2004, 11:05 PM
i don't know about you but i know not everyone who brought their car there purposely "done up" they're ride to win...Its a pleasure seeing people enjoying how nice your ride is, i'd hate to be the person who just dumped an additional 30K into they're car to "win" and only that.

finboy
05-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
I love those VVT-i symbols on the car. What's the point of that? That's like adversiting your car has overhead camshafts. Big deal. There is not a single Toyota Celica that doesn't come with the VVT-i system (or Toyota Echo or Corolla for that matter) and the GT-S does one better and has VVTL-i.....but anyways.

Stock 15" rims, looks like stock suspension. No TRD supercharger, just a air intake (not even a cold air intake at that) on a motor that makes 140HP stock. Best Toyota? I dunno, I wasnt at the show, but perhaps he had lot more done to the interior??? I see racing seats, and the TRD seat belt covers, hopefully there is a lot more....??? If not, that is some wacky judging. The 2nd silver one looks very clean.

i think those seats are stock man

2000impreza
05-17-2004, 11:10 PM
look at that fender to wheel gap :eek: .. haha..:rofl: too funny

Akagi Redsuns
05-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Bleh! Your are right finboy. The red seats threw me off. Ooops!

JordanLotoski
05-17-2004, 11:12 PM
maybe he won cause he put the decals on the door really really str8

blinkme_210
05-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Well, I can spot out another mod that all 3 Celica's have, the antenna :D Regular Celica antenna's are the usual long windy thin kind. All 3 of them replaced it with a S2000 antenna.

Hakkola
05-17-2004, 11:17 PM

I'd rather have fashion shows and hip hop stages than mullets and death metal.

I do agree with the hate on the judging process though.

rage2
05-17-2004, 11:18 PM
hehe I've entered my AMG soooo many times and never won anything. I've had a huge mod list, and nobody looks at it. So the car was a bit dirty in the other shows, I drive my car everyday including winters, it's not gonna have that fresh off the showroom floor look without a LOT of work.

So this time, I cleaned the fuck out of my car. I spent about 2 hrs cleaning every spoke on my wheels, another 2 hrs on the interior making it spotless, power polished the car, then finally about 3 hours armour all'ing the entire interior, and detailing everything I can.

So the winning formula is, a CLEAN car with less mods will score better than a not so clean car with more mods. A dirty car will always lose. A car with hacked mods (ie skyline with hacked on bumper) won't win either.

The only mods that you can see on my car are the wheels, and my spankin' new CF shift knob. When the engine judges came by, they never even looked at my mod sheet. My engine bay looks stock, even though I got all the Renntech goodies in the car now to make it push out 420hp. $10k worth of mods that are totally useless at shows (but a hell of a lot of fun on the roads).

BTW - I'm not saying the veilside celica was dirty or had hacked up mods, I dunno why that car lost, and I never saw neither car up close.

Redlyne_mr2
05-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I'd rather have fashion shows and hip hop stages than mullets and death metal.

I do agree with the hate on the judging process though.
hehe they dont play death metal at domestic shows but there are alot of mullets lol. domestic shows do however have alot of booths selling parts, and sometimes even on site dyno testing and installation demonstrations

JordanLotoski
05-17-2004, 11:26 PM
hey rage last time i looked though it was a car show not a cleaning show!!

ZorroAMG
05-17-2004, 11:31 PM
You robbed me Rage!!! ;) GRRRRR LOL

CKY
05-17-2004, 11:48 PM
MAYBE its because that celica had more horsepower adding decals and the doors were open!!

but really, i think its quite easy to buy your way into a trophy in shows like these.:drama:

rage2
05-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
hey rage last time i looked though it was a car show not a cleaning show!!
Obviously. All I'm saying is cleaniness plays a big part in the scoring.

If it was all about the list of mods or $ spent, my beat ass 944 would've won something. I've got my life savings put into that beast with a crazy amount of work, but it looks like crap cuz it's been on the road for 17 years. And no, I don't expect it to win anything because it looks so bad.

Redlyne_mr2
05-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Obviously. All I'm saying is cleaniness plays a big part in the scoring.

If it was all about the list of mods or $ spent, my beat ass 944 would've won something. I've got my life savings put into that beast with a crazy amount of work, but it looks like crap cuz it's been on the road for 17 years. And no, I don't expect it to win anything because it looks so bad.
The 951 was definitely my choice for best of show(if that means anything), your headlight kit is worth more than most of the rims on those "show cars" and there isnt a car there that could keep up with the 951 on the track.

izzoblitzo
05-18-2004, 12:36 AM
the first pic looks like the trd kit canyon meadows toyota had in their showroom in the summer...

I was at the superstore parking lot, and this mid 20's guy was talking to some dude about all the work and time he spent on his trd celica.. but he bought his car like that.. it was the trd edition from the lot.

the only work he put into that was when he had to screw the license plate on. :thumbsdow

1-Bar
05-18-2004, 12:42 AM

Agreed...you put down real numbers instead of made up fairy tale numbers. BTW my lude puts down 300hp NA!!

sexualbanana
05-18-2004, 02:20 AM

I have to wholeheartedly agree...I spoke to a couple of the judges about my car, and they said basically what happens now is cars get judged on Fn'F Merit...not how clean mods are, or what time-slips you put down...There are exceptions, for example Rage winning best Merc, which was a great win, but there was a "riced" out one in another booth...He liked what i had done to my car, it was clean he said, BUT no wings, underbody, tucked wheels, fartcans and APC interior means no trophy...

Yeah. It's pretty tough in some categories. Especially like the Best Civic category, because it basically got dominated by Roberto and Trish.

Losing to Trish isn't necessarily an issue, because given the way it's done, I've seen her driving her car a lot for a car of that caliber. And I know she puts a lot of care and thought into everything that goes into that car. She deserves every award she can get her hands on.

Losing to Roberto on the other hand is a different matter. Not because I don't think he deserves it. I think it's a damn nice car. But the fact that it has less than 400km, and the farthest it has ever gone was from a garage to the Oval. Adding to that, I haven't really seen anything new done to his car since the last time I saw it a couple years ago when RPM was still up and running.

I guess it's the price I pay for making use of my car as a year-round daily driver as opposed to a 'garage queen' as cyclone puts it.

I thought it was funny when after all the awards for "Best <category>" awards, he said that the next awards will be for more general ideas. Can't get much more general than the Best Civic Award. :D

Stephen81
05-18-2004, 03:43 AM
hmm, well the car in question is mine. i guess it's easy to see why Beyond has the rep they do.

i entered the show to have fun and show off some of the things i've done to my car. TRD Edition or whatever, it's still a $31,000 car and I've worked really hard to pay for it and add a few more things. i don't know anything about judging at these kind of shows but i just tried to clean up my car really good and left all the doors and hood open and stuff to make it easier to see the things i've done.

you people have some really nice cars, i checked them all out at the show. just be proud of what you have, whether it wins something or not or if it wasn't even in the show. jeez, what if I was part of your club and rolled in with you for the show and won...you probably wouldn't be posting that stuff about my car maybe. but whatever makes you guys happy :(

aZnBlooD
05-18-2004, 04:46 AM
Import car shows are pretty gay IMO. The judges usually have no credentials and many of the cars are extremely sub par. Look at a hot rod or classic car show, 90% of the cars in those shows are builds from the ground up. Rims , stickers and springs just wouldnt cut it at one of those shows. Compared to Domestic, classic car, and hot rod shows import shows are such a vanity fest where high school kids battle to be the &quot;coolest&quot; and fashion shows and hip hop stages litter the area. hehe thats my rant for the day

well said....its true, which makes it so sad.

roopi
05-18-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton

jeez, what if I was part of your club and rolled in with you for the show and won...you probably wouldn't be posting that stuff about my car maybe. but whatever makes you guys happy :(

:rofl:

Well first off congrats on the win. I wasn't at the show so I can't say if you deserved to win or not. Obviously some people did. I wouldn't take what the people on this board say to personally about your car. Alot of people just talk shit for no reason. :D

ScCab
05-18-2004, 07:42 AM
hmm, well the car in question is mine. i guess it's easy to see why Beyond has the rep they do.

i entered the show to have fun and show off some of the things i've done to my car. TRD Edition or whatever, it's still a $31,000 car and I've worked really hard to pay for it and add a few more things. i don't know anything about judging at these kind of shows but i just tried to clean up my car really good and left all the doors and hood open and stuff to make it easier to see the things i've done.

you people have some really nice cars, i checked them all out at the show. just be proud of what you have, whether it wins something or not or if it wasn't even in the show. jeez, what if I was part of your club and rolled in with you for the show and won...you probably wouldn't be posting that stuff about my car maybe. but whatever makes you guys happy :(

congrats on your trophy. alot of people work hard on their car and should be proud.....I was one of the judges but I dont feel like I need to explain how the judging works. I take alot of heat from people on the forum about the judging but I dont care to explain why a car with less shit that wins against one with 30g's in mods.

now my problem with you is why you gotta ask what beyonds problem is on another site. if you cant take the criticism from one site then you shouldnt be in a show even if you entered just for fun.

p.s. you did start a heated thread

Akagi Redsuns
05-18-2004, 07:52 AM
snip........ TRD Edition or whatever, it's still a $31,000 car and I've worked really hard to pay for it and add a few more things.........snip

I am far from being part of the "beyond club" and even if I was, I still would have scratched my head wondering how you won in the presence of the other 2 Celicas. Be prepared for criticism and to be judged from anyone when you enter your car into shows. Any show car owner knows this.

That's good that you are proud of the car and what you have done. BTW, why didn't you spring for the faster GT-S? At $31K you are pretty much in the price range for a significantly faster car. I guess the Toyota "Looks Fast" marketing does work.

rage2
05-18-2004, 08:09 AM
jeez, what if I was part of your club and rolled in with you for the show and won...you probably wouldn't be posting that stuff about my car maybe. but whatever makes you guys happy :(
If you haven't noticed, everyone that was in our booth was defending you in this thread :nut:.

Just because there are a few members criticizing (hey, it's a discussions forum, and it's a discussion!) doesn't mean *everyone* here feels the same way.

95acc
05-18-2004, 08:21 AM
None of you really have any idea how a show is judged do you!

MONEY DOES NOT BUY YOU AWARDS!!!

They judge on how clean you car is and if the can SEE the mods, Sure the Veilside Celica is super crazy but it was sealed up for most of the day and the judges won't mark what they can't see.
Stephens car was SUPER clean he had ALL of the doors, hood and trunk open ALL DAY. They could see what was going on he had a mod list and pictures he had everything he needed to win. He lost points on lack of wheels and suspension, but made it up in other areas. The veilside celica lost points on just about everything but his car was not clean enough or had enough to make up the points.
You all need to open your eyes a bit here and see how things really are.
Stephen built his car for him and suprizingly NOT YOU!!
Suck it up!
Trish won because she earned it her car was new and CLEAN.
I am pissed Nicole didn't win anything but she did not deservre it at this show, her car was not up to par.
And this other "ricey" Benz you talk of is Impressions car, because it has a body kit makes it ricey, get a life.

I love how you guys have nothing better to do than sit around and talk shit about other peoples cars.

ScCab
05-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 95acc

Originally posted by ScCab
I was one of the judges but I dont feel like I need to explain how the judging works. I take alot of heat from people on the forum about the judging but I dont care to explain why a car with less shit that wins against one with 30g's in mods.

:dunno:

legendboy
05-18-2004, 09:36 AM
This is exactly why i turned down being a judge for vub.

LUDELVR
05-18-2004, 09:55 AM

MONEY DOES NOT BUY YOU AWARDS!!!

I think this point was made earlier.

So this time, I cleaned the fuck out of my car. I spent about 2 hrs cleaning every spoke on my wheels, another 2 hrs on the interior making it spotless, power polished the car, then finally about 3 hours armour all'ing the entire interior, and detailing everything I can.

So the winning formula is, a CLEAN car with less mods will score better than a not so clean car with more mods. A dirty car will always lose. A car with hacked mods (ie skyline with hacked on bumper) won't win either.

Idratherbsidewayz
05-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ScCab
now my problem with you is why you gotta ask what beyonds problem is on another site. if you cant take the criticism from one site then you shouldnt be in a show even if you entered just for fun.

I think that Id be a little bit angry if some asshole made a whole new thread about how much my car sucks. Stephen had every right to start that other thread.

This situation is a bit like Trish's. Some people buy car's that are already modded (veilside celica) and enter them, but do not change a single thing. In this respect, the skyline and celica were basically identical. Trying to win because of the novelty. Judges also look at how much your car has changed since the last show. Trish's civic is an excellent example of this as her car is a bit different every time. I think this is the first show the TRD celica was in and it looked damn good. No one here can honestly look at that car with disgust. Like Paul said, it was clean, open, and well shown. Good job on the win Stephen.

rage2
05-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Judging is definately a tough thing, and I have tons of respect for the guys that do it, because in the end, they'll take all the shit for it. The problem is that everyone has their own opinions on whats good and what's not. So to make it fair, the VUB/SCC judges are completely impartial on every car they look at. They will judge you on whats modded, how clean it looks, and the amount of effort put into the mods.

Girlie_racer's car is a great example. A lot of people love how it looks, a lot of people hate how it looks. But because of the judging process, even if the judges hate how it looks, the overall effort, quality of install, quality of work gives her big points from the same judges, and wins her numerous awards everytime she enters. This is an excellent example of a good judging process.

If you stand by your car during the judging period and actually TALK to the judges, you will learn about the judging process, what's required, etc. I found out on Saturday that my doors were supposed to be open, not closed. If I wasn't standing at my car talking to the judges, I would have never known, and lost tons of points on interior. Also, reading the rules sheet definately helps too, as it's stated right on there ;).

I love how you guys have nothing better to do than sit around and talk shit about other peoples cars.
It's called criticism. Of all people, you should already know by now that if you enter a car into a show, even after putting in an insane amount of work, there will be some folks who don't agree with your choice of mods, who don't agree with awards you pick up, and will hate you for it because it robbed them of an award. If you can't handle criticism and opinions, you really shouldn't enter your car into shows. For every guy that likes your car, there'll be someone that hates your car. For every bad comment, there'll be a good comment. It works both ways, especially on such a large and diverse forum like beyond. Haven't we been through this before? Talk about Deja Vu.

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
I think that Id be a little bit angry if some asshole made a whole new thread about how much my car sucks. Stephen had every right to start that other thread.
Nobody said anything about stephen's car sucking. Everyone was bitching about the judging. Did you even read through the thread?

ScCab
05-18-2004, 10:28 AM

Ya ok buddy....where doe it say his car sucked? I judged his car and thought it was really nice and clean. he won for a reason some people just get all pissy that a 30k modded car didnt win.

speedracer
05-18-2004, 10:30 AM

The 951 was definitely my choice for best of show(if that means anything), your headlight kit is worth more than most of the rims on those &quot;show cars&quot; and there isnt a car there that could keep up with the 951 on the track.
*cough* you forget there was an IRL, Formula Alanta and Formula Ford on display ;)

Hakkola
05-18-2004, 10:37 AM

And this other &quot;ricey&quot; Benz you talk of is Impressions car, because it has a body kit makes it ricey, get a life.

To be fair, it's not because it has a body kit, my Benz is in the shop getting a body kit put on as we speak, but the kit on the C class was TERRIBLE, end of story.

After reading this thread I no longer have any gripes with the judging, but people can feel free to express their opinions, if someone says a car looks ricey, let them, they might end up saying that about mine as well, but to each their own right?

ZorroAMG
05-18-2004, 10:57 AM

And this other &quot;ricey&quot; Benz you talk of is Impressions car, because it has a body kit makes it ricey, get a life.

Umm haha to beat a dead benz, the "C36" was actually a C220. Since when does a C36, the highest end C-class of that year have NO sunroof, MB-Tex instead of leather, no C36 steering wheel etc....

That car, no offense to the owner IS a riced (sorry I mean krauted) Benz since it was all about the fake badging and bodykit with 4 meters of Home depot mesh and horrid wheels...that's why it didn't win...

I thought the judging was fair and had no issues with it, each car there had it's own uniqueness with somethings I liked and somethings I didn't...even the C220 had some cool shizz, just the major stuff was kinda whack...

But uh, I should stop posting right now and go get a life ;) I hear Zellers has a sale on 'em!!!

Idratherbsidewayz
05-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Nobody said anything about stephen's car sucking. Everyone was bitching about the judging. Did you even read through the thread?

Here are some examples big guy, did you read the thread?

maybe he won cause he put the decals on the door really really str8

Originally posted by 2000impreza
look at that fender to wheel gap :eek: .. haha..:rofl: too funny

this wins best toyota..what a joke

When "this" is used in that context, it has a very negative connotation.

All 3 of these quotes make fun of his car. And making fun of something is exactly the same as saying "it sucks".

rage2
05-18-2004, 11:35 AM
All 3 of these quotes make fun of his car. And making fun of something is exactly the same as saying &quot;it sucks&quot;.
Dude, if you want to interpret that way, you can take anything and make it sound bad towards his car. What MIWYFSHOT is obviously complaining about is the judging process. As you can see, he's pissed off that a car with less mods won, and the point of the whole thread. The name of the thread is "why not to enter your modded car in car shows", not "stephen's celica sucks and shouldn't have won". I think stephen did a great job and deserved the win, after reading why the veilside celica didn't win (all doors, hoods closed). Unfortuantely, MIWYFSHOT used stephen's car as an example to bitch at the judging process.

But hey, if you wanna read so far into each post...

I thought it was odd that at a bikini contest the girl with the bikini looked out of place... :rofl:
You're such a fucking hater :thumbsdow What you're saying is the same as saying she sucks.

Does it seem a little bit wierd to anyone else that Trish won so many things? I'm not tryin to hate, im just sayin that there were nicer civic's, honda/acura's, and best of show???
You're such a fucking hater :thumbsdow What you're saying is the same as saying Trish's car sucks.

It was a little too ricey for me. Stupid driving pisses me off, hope he hits a tree and wrecks his car so he can't hurt anyone else...
:thumbsdow
You're such a fucking hater :thumbsdow What you're saying is the same as saying his car sucks.

davidI
05-18-2004, 11:42 AM
:rofl: OWNED by Rage2

Idratherbsidewayz
05-18-2004, 11:46 AM

Dude, if you want to interpret that way, you can take anything and make it sound bad towards his car. What MIWYFSHOT is obviously complaining about is the judging process. As you can see, he's pissed off that a car with less mods won, and the point of the whole thread. The name of the thread is &quot;why not to enter your modded car in car shows&quot;, not &quot;stephen's celica sucks and shouldn't have won&quot;. I think stephen did a great job and deserved the win, after reading why the veilside celica didn't win (all doors, hoods closed). Unfortuantely, MIWYFSHOT used stephen's car as an example to bitch at the judging process.

And so I was defending Stephen's right to start an angry thread about how people are using his car to show that the judging sucked, and to make fun of it (in some cases). You just jumped all over my first post...

You're such a fucking hater :thumbsdow What you're saying is the same as saying she sucks.

By saying that a bikini model looks out of place in a bikini contest i'm not insulting the model, i'm laughing at the contest.

You're such a fucking hater :thumbsdow What you're saying is the same as saying Trish's car sucks.

I didn't make fun of it directly like people did to the Celica. I said it wasn't as good as some cars, but if you read my later post, i state that it's a nice show car.

izzoblitzo
05-18-2004, 11:47 AM

Dude, if you want to interpret that way, you can take anything and make it sound bad towards his car. What MIWYFSHOT is obviously complaining about is the judging process. As you can see, he's pissed off that a car with less mods won, and the point of the whole thread. The name of the thread is &quot;why not to enter your modded car in car shows&quot;, not &quot;stephen's celica sucks and shouldn't have won&quot;. I think stephen did a great job and deserved the win, after reading why the veilside celica didn't win (all doors, hoods closed). Unfortuantely, MIWYFSHOT used stephen's car as an example to bitch at the judging process.

But hey, if you wanna read so far into each post...

You're such a fucking hater :thumbsdow What you're saying is the same as saying his car sucks.

OHHH!!!!!@@:drama:

bigboom
05-18-2004, 11:51 AM
someone get me a pair of scissors so i can cut the tension :)

2000impreza
05-18-2004, 12:00 PM

Here are some examples big guy, did you read the thread?

When &quot;this&quot; is used in that context, it has a very negative connotation.

All 3 of these quotes make fun of his car. And making fun of something is exactly the same as saying &quot;it sucks&quot;.

ok buddy. i think you have interpretation problems. NO WHERE did i say that car sucked. i was simply pointing out the lack of suspension on the winning celica... however i did NOT know the judging process. from what others have pointed out it makes more sense why it won...

bigboom
05-18-2004, 12:06 PM
alright guys lets no argue about this anymore, i think its just too much personal opinion. its hard to judge cars just because its all personal preference so why argue? personally i think the veilside celica should have won but im not going to gripe about how the other celica won. because thats my opinion...

Idratherbsidewayz
05-18-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
alright guys lets no argue about this anymore, i think its just too much personal opinion. its hard to judge cars just because its all personal preference so why argue? personally i think the veilside celica should have won but im not going to gripe about how the other celica won. because thats my opinion...

Yea good call, sorry if I pissed anyone off with my posts...

Redlyne_mr2
05-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

*cough* you forget there was an IRL, Formula Alanta and Formula Ford on display ;)
You know me all to well..sorry rage2 I've got a new show favourite.
:D
It would be interesting to see a comparison of the scoring sheet of the white celica vs the silver one that won. At any other import car show the silver one wouldnt have taken home top Toyota, Im not trying to rag on the car just to make things clear. Having stock rims should immediately take that car out of contention and having stock suspension at an import car show is usually another massive loss in show point. It's almost as if this whole show was judged as an autoshow rather than an import car show. With that sort of reasoning redec should have taken home an award or 2 with his 300c, his car was clean and well presented and isn't far off from the number of modifications that the silver celica has. Trish's car deserved any wins that it got. Although it looks like a maybeline nighmare :D an incredible amount of "show" work has been done to it. The quality of the work is also extremely high and she has a plethora of visual mods for the judges to observe; there isn't any reason why she should go empty handed form any import car show.
That c220 that everyone is argueing about does not deserve any praise. It is a poorly built car, pictures can often hide small imperfections but there are so many faults with the build quliaty of that car that they stand out in the pictures. Zorro and Hakkola are probably 2 of the most knowledgeable people in Alberta when it comes to the modifying of older Benz sedans and if they aren't showing that car any love at all then it must be really bad in person.

googe
05-18-2004, 12:54 PM
thats why i decided not to go, car shows arent even about cars anymore...bikini contests, break dancing competitions, and DJs have no place at a car show...anywhere that a wing and a bodykit is worth more than a supercharger is hopeless. its all about who can mimic scenes out of FnF.

but hey, as long as the urban gimmick makes money, cant blame them for continuing to do it...

rage2
05-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
someone get me a pair of scissors so i can cut the tension :)
http://www.eslkidstuff.com/images/scissors.gif
I just hope I got my point across, that being nobody here was making fun of stephen's car... just the judging process :).

ScCab
05-18-2004, 01:06 PM
everyone that doesn't like the judging. bring a pencil and peice of paper so you can go judge them yourself. then you can award your trophies to who you think is more desevering in each catagory

95acc
05-18-2004, 01:09 PM
That car, no offense to the owner IS a riced (sorry I mean krauted) Benz since it was all about the fake badging and bodykit with 4 meters of Home depot mesh and horrid wheels...that's why it didn't win...

Oh i am sorry Giovanna's are crappy wheel's! Since when?
We didn't enter the car to win we entered it to show that we don't only build honda's, Home depot mesh? Yeah OK!

Loose
05-18-2004, 01:26 PM
I like SCcab, was a judge.

The biggest problem with the judging was that competitors hadn't properly prepared their cars for judging. In order for you to have your engine judged, the hood has to be at least popped. For your interior to be judged, a door has to be opened. If you want your stereo to be judged, it better be visilble (trunk open). Us judges will not go around opening doors and popping hoods and trunks. We try our best not to touch the cars we look at. This is clearly stated in the instructions page of the judging pack all competitors recieved.

I think that is where most of the disputes over our awards is stemmed from. A competitor, who had a nice car, did not prepare their vehicle proplerly, and did not receive any points for a certain category (ie. left their hood shut and recieved a ZERO in the engine category).

Now I am saying this in purely general terms, I don't have the score sheets infront of me so I cannot comment on anyone's rides in particular.

Hopefully this will add some insight into the thread, rather than the typical uninformed bashing of the organization and competitor's vehicles.

Melinda
05-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Loose

The biggest problem with the judging was that competitors hadn't properly prepared their cars for judging. In order for you to have your engine judged, the hood has to be at least popped. For your interior to be judged, a door has to be opened. If you want your stereo to be judged, it better be visilble (trunk open). Us judges will not go around opening doors and popping hoods and trunks. We try our best not to touch the cars we look at. This is clearly stated in the instructions page of the judging pack all competitors recieved.

I think that is where most of the disputes over our awards is stemmed from. A competitor, who had a nice car, did not prepare their vehicle proplerly, and did not receive any points for a certain category (ie. left their hood shut and recieved a ZERO in the engine category).

Now I am saying this in purely general terms, I don't have the score sheets infront of me so I cannot comment on anyone's rides in particular.

Hopefully this will add some insight into the thread, rather than the typical uninformed bashing of the organization and competitor's vehicles.
:werd: And when registering the cars, I made sure I clearly told everyone to READ the judging rules. I'm pretty sure gail did the same when she was registering the cars. If you didn't read the rules and follow them, that's your own fault. I saw SO many people on saturday morning leaving their cars closed and locked and then wandered off, even after judging had started.

The judges had over 200 cars to judge, they aren't gonna wait around for the owner to open his or her car so even if it is better than another car, it doesnt get the points cause the rules weren't followed. The judging didnt suck, just the ignorance of some of the competators for not reading the judging rules.

aftermarket
05-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Loose

Great post Loose.

If someone has a problem with the "judging process", and whines about who should have won / lost , then step up to the plate and be a judge themselves. Don't bitch and complain here, do something about it instead.

Great win Stephen, hope you don't get too discouraged because a few don't like your ride. At least you made the effort to show up, made your car presentable, and went to have fun (isn't that the whole idea???).

ZorroAMG
05-18-2004, 05:30 PM

Oh i am sorry Giovanna's are crappy wheel's! Since when?
We didn't enter the car to win we entered it to show that we don't only build honda's, Home depot mesh? Yeah OK!

I never said the wheels were crappy, I said horrid. That is a subjective term to describe their look IN MY OPINION....crappy would be the fact that they were made in Taiwan...

You are taking it personally as if YOU own the car, if you do, then I apologize for offending you or whoever DOES own it, but COME ON, the badging claiming it was a C36 was gheyest of ghey....

That mesh may not have been from Home Depot, but it looked WAY outta place much like it would have on ANY car in that UNGODLY amount used, sorry if I was out of line LOL

It wasn't ALL bad though, I did like the custom brushed aluminum dash and center console overlay :)

I just call it like I see it....(although the owner was huge and would probably pound me if he saw me haha)

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-18-2004, 05:40 PM
you cant really consider these types of shows worthy of judging your car, v8less is pretty amature and so are most of the cars entered. If it was one of the better shows it would have had a selection process; Instead of letting any one who wanted to get in, get in.

Anyone get a chance to see the white EG civic, championship white. If judges had an eye for cleaness, they would have given this car some awards. Restored, spotless.

ZorroAMG
05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Oh ok so spoon you are saying that the World of Wheels is amateur too then huh? Cause they let "anybody" get in as well...

schlong8
05-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
Anyone get a chance to see the white EG civic, championship white. If judges had an eye for cleaness, they would have given this car some awards. Restored, spotless.

You dolt, read Loose's and Melinda's post above. The owner probably didn't read the judging rules and the car lost points b/c it was all locked up.

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Oh ok so spoon you are saying that the World of Wheels is amateur too then huh? Cause they let &quot;anybody&quot; get in as well...

Do they? :whipped:

GT2NV
05-20-2004, 02:48 PM

Yea good call, sorry if I pissed anyone off with my posts... :guns: :guns:

hahaha THANK YOU RAGE2:rofl: :rofl:

Idratherbsidewayz
05-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
:guns: :guns:

hahaha THANK YOU RAGE2:rofl: :rofl:

Fuck yeah i'll hate on that moron. Anyone that drives like that, and acts like he is the ultimate shit at the show deserves a beating. And his car is ricey as sin...

ninjak84
05-20-2004, 04:34 PM
there is much growing up to be done.

in before the lock. :)

GT2NV
05-20-2004, 05:42 PM

Fuck yeah i'll hate on that moron. Anyone that drives like that, and acts like he is the ultimate shit at the show deserves a beating. And his car is ricey as sin...
How did he act like "the shit"... Throughout the whole show he gave compliments to like every car, even the ones i didnt like.. buddy YOU have got problems, saying "I hope he crashes into a tree ", ill make sure he reads this post, how old are you? Because you definatly need to grow up, and come up with a more positive way to present your feelings on this forum, Thanks for being a dumbass, IM one of those people that youve pissed off today :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ninjak84
there is much growing up to be done.

in before the lock. :) :werd:

Idratherbsidewayz
05-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

How did he act like &quot;the shit&quot;... Throughout the whole show he gave compliments to like every car, even the ones i didnt like.. buddy YOU have got problems, saying &quot;I hope he crashes into a tree &quot;, ill make sure he reads this post, how old are you? Because you definatly need to grow up, and come up with a more positive way to present your feelings on this forum, Thanks for being a dumbass, IM one of those people that youve pissed off today :thumbsup:
:werd:

I said he should wrap his car around a tree so that he can't harm any people with his crazy driving, and if you deny the fact that he was indeed driving in this manner, I saw him with my own eyes on 17th. In the parking lane, givn'er full gas then cutting someone off, causing them to slam on the brakes. A dangerous driver like that does not deserve to have a car...

You make sure he reads my post, maybe your "hardcore" crew can come kick my 18yr old ass at a meet...

Wildcat
05-20-2004, 07:21 PM
who are you reffering to that; "drives like an idiot and is better off wrapped around a tree?"

Idratherbsidewayz
05-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
who are you reffering to that; &quot;drives like an idiot and is better off wrapped around a tree?&quot;

The "Who da Shit" guy with the black accord 4 door...

JordanLotoski
05-20-2004, 07:31 PM
are we talking about that riced accord with the horrid spoiler?

XES
05-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Losing to Roberto on the other hand is a different matter. Not because I don't think he deserves it. I think it's a damn nice car. But the fact that it has less than 400km, and the farthest it has ever gone was from a garage to the Oval. Adding to that, I haven't really seen anything new done to his car since the last time I saw it a couple years ago when RPM was still up and running.

...best engine...

:bullshit:

I guess more "modified" cars need cool colored hose protectors if they ever want to compete... :thumbsdow

finboy
05-20-2004, 09:54 PM
are we talking about that riced accord with the horrid spoiler?

yes.

i saw yesterday driving like a jackass near 17th ave. to those who are his friends, why don't you tell him that his driving is pissing everyone off and has almost caused several accidents.

aftermarket
05-21-2004, 08:56 AM
No, no, sshhh...let him try to write-off his car...LOL...one less moron off the road then.

Redlyne_mr2
05-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by finboy

yes.

i saw yesterday driving like a jackass near 17th ave. to those who are his friends, why don't you tell him that his driving is pissing everyone off and has almost caused several accidents.
Countless numbers of Beyond members have spotted this idiot on the roads. Just let him crash his car and be done with it

hjr
05-21-2004, 11:06 AM
until he crashed into one of us. thats no good.

Paul
05-21-2004, 12:21 PM
i haven't won an award with my car in 3 years. but i still enter the shows, it's a crazy amount of work (booth, displays, cars) to do one of these shows, but i do it for the fun of it and to promote our company.

I can't really think of anything else i can do to my car, especially since i'm trying to sell it, so no more money will go into it. but shows for me are a fun time to see what people have done to their rides.

BebeAphrodite
05-21-2004, 03:07 PM
http://www.............net/forums/showthread.php?t=2265
good going bashers
:rolleyes:
:banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
05-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
http://www.............net/forums/showthread.php?t=2265
good going bashers
:rolleyes:
:banghead:
Oh well thats the name of the game. Don't show your car if you can't take a little bit of criticism. Besides as mentioned many times it's the judging that has been criticized but obviously some people are having trouble comprehending that.

Seanith
05-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by XES

...best engine...

I guess more &quot;modified&quot; cars need cool colored hose protectors if they ever want to compete... :thumbsdow

Who won best engine? And which civic was robertos?

1-Bar
05-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Who won best engine? And which civic was robertos?

Twas the white civic next to the green civic hb. The one with all the holes in the hood and the gauges too...

1-Bar
05-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by XES

...best engine...

I guess more &quot;modified&quot; cars need cool colored hose protectors if they ever want to compete... :thumbsdow

Yeah...don't forget the LEDs under there as well. I mean your engine should look fast if your going fast!! Pshhh...550hp+ yeah right, it looks stock....:dunno:

DC2uned
05-22-2004, 12:31 AM
I meet Stephen before and he is a good guy, and i am sure he didn't understand where the judges were coming from. It doesn't matter wether the other two Celicas had their hoods closed they should have own hands down. Stephen you know i think your ride is tight, but people can get that off the showroom floor, your car is stock. The point of a car show is to see modded cars, and i think its b.s. to give a best of trophy to a stock car over a car that had over 30k invested into it just cause be didn't leave his doors open. PURE :bullshit:

Merkur
05-22-2004, 01:14 AM
My opinion....WHY DOES ANYONE CARE??? the only people this affected was the other celica's at the show...it didn't affect anyone else and i'm sure most of you can understand that.

Am i right?? or am i a dumbass?

Stephen81
05-22-2004, 03:07 AM
Yeh, I guess until I get rid of my TRD kit and red seats my car will always be stock huh. Those two things make it tough for people to see the other 5K I've dropped into my car too. I'll be the first one to admit I roll on wimpy-ass 15s and a stock suspension, but not for long anyways. Whatever, though, you people have made your point...whatever that was. :rolleyes:

Seanith
05-22-2004, 03:26 PM
whats the other 5k you've spent on the car?

1-Bar
05-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeh, I guess until I get rid of my TRD kit and red seats my car will always be stock huh. Those two things make it tough for people to see the other 5K I've dropped into my car too. I'll be the first one to admit I roll on wimpy-ass 15s and a stock suspension, but not for long anyways. Whatever, though, you people have made your point...whatever that was. :rolleyes:

Hey man...nothing wrong w/ 15s. I'm rolling on stock ITR wheels!! Hahha...great for the track though.

JordanLotoski
05-22-2004, 10:41 PM

yeah good idea get rid of that gawd awful trd kit and red seats. and where the hell is the 5k? stickers?

EK 2.0
05-22-2004, 10:43 PM
I just have to add...although my car appears externally stock...well mostly cause it mainly is...I would definetly do another show...I had a BLAST, and I know I wouldn't win nor did I care either way...but man oh man was it fun...

Ok, now back to your regularily scheduled drama...