PDA

View Full Version : My bullshit insurance claim, sort of....

HillBilly
10-17-2002, 06:12 PM
I live in Saskatchewan where there is only one option for car insurance. It is all run by the provincial government.

So here's my situation. I have a few chips in my hood and a couple of scratches, nothing major. I had to drive on a stretch of road when it was extremely windy. Thought nothing of it. A month later I waxed my car and noticed it was pitted on the front end. Upon closer inspection, there was pits all over the front end of my car. So I go to see SGI about a claim.

Result..

New - headlights
-foglights
-windshield
New paint on - front bumper
-hood
-fenders
-mirrors
-doors

Total cost of claim=$7000

Total cost to me.. $50 and my insurance premiums do not increase a cent.
:D :D

DSM Power
10-17-2002, 08:47 PM
:eek:

And people wonder why insurance is so high??! :banghead:

(At least it was a Stealth though lol)

95TsiAWD
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Hmmm have to go get my front-end sandblasted soon. ;)
Actually I hate SGI like every other insurance company they try to screw you when it comes time that you want something back (like your frame straightened, post curb-hitting)

max_boost
10-17-2002, 09:57 PM
He lives in Saskatchewan man, people are still riding horses over there!:D hehe j/k

Thats pretty sweet though man, $7K fix for $50, wish we could do that here!

Hakkola
10-18-2002, 01:09 AM
Well, down in my area I was thinking of getting one of my rims fixed because one of the roads in my area is not paved, and after every rainfall we get huge potholes, the road is just terrible, we've called to have it fixed I don't know how many times in the past couple years, and they just put more dirt on it. So I was thinking of getting my rim fixed and sending the bill to the city, I'm pretty sure that it's what caused the damage anyway.

mr.boost
10-19-2002, 09:10 PM
when you do an insurance claim in saskatchewan that will come up on your insurance when you switch it over to another provice. It happened to a friend of mine. So you scam isn't really a scam.:thumbsup: