PDA

View Full Version : ITR Anti-Sway Bars

Weapon_R
10-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Seems like these do a world of good for Integra handling so I thought I might check em out. They seem to be very reasonably priced, but I have found that there is a Front and Rear sway bar. Which one is more beneficial? Or do they both have to be installed? Any comments on em?

MrX
10-17-2002, 08:40 PM
They both have their benefits. best would be doing both. If you were just gonna go for one, I would think on a front drive car the front sway bar would do more for minimizing understeer.

B18C
10-17-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MrX
They both have their benefits. best would be doing both. If you were just gonna go for one, I would think on a front drive car the front sway bar would do more for minimizing understeer.

It's the other way around. A stiff rear will generally cause more of an oversteer effect.

Weapon_R
10-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Thats what I thought, because most of the dramatic testimonies of people who put one in did the rear...

redline
10-18-2002, 08:16 AM
You might want to check but i thought the non-vtec models had a 22mm front bar instead of the 24mm bar that is on the GSR/type r. If it is the small bar up front i would do both. If it is the 24mm bar just do the rear.

The rear factory type r bar is not a direct bolt-on to non-type r and that area of a factory type r has been reinforced to prevent the sway-bar ripping out.

There is a guy on h-t.com that made a reinforced mounting kit for the factory bar on non-type rs. I think his screen name is beaks or some shit like that. And i think the kit is about $60us.

MrX
10-18-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by B18C

It's the other way around. A stiff rear will generally cause more of an oversteer effect.

ic...i knew that a stiff rear would generate more of an oversteer effect on reardrive cars, just didn't know if it was the same for front drive.