PDA

View Full Version : WB's Superstar USA

GingeRRRBeef
05-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Has anybody seen this???

This is the worst show ... it's like American Idol but they take the worst singers instead and everyone pretend they're the best with lies.

IMO, it's the meanest show ever.

hustler
05-18-2004, 11:17 PM
i thought it was funny

:dunno:

ZorroAMG
05-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Embarrasing to even watch that POS....who the fuck are TONE LOC and VITAMIN C to make fun of ANYONE anyway...IMO they are bigger losers than they could ever judge...

dj_rice
05-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Hahaahahahhh yeah that show is mean,

I wonder if the ppl they choose to embarass at the end of the show can sue for like making fun of them or seomthing lol..

William Hung should audition

Kamen
05-20-2004, 01:15 AM
I just downloaded and watched episode 1....it's so mean...
but the comments are so cheezy funny...
"you made love to the song...etc" :rofl:

or that guy with the magic...ahaha

dj_rice
05-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Gotta love the chick who got totally naked and sang lol

Cyruss12
05-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Embarrasing to even watch that POS....who the fuck are TONE LOC and VITAMIN C to make fun of ANYONE anyway...IMO they are bigger losers than they could ever judge...

lol no really, who is Vitamin C?

Shaolin
05-20-2004, 05:28 PM
I think Vitamin C had 1 half hit.. i don't remember the song.. nothing to brag out really.. i didn't know that show was on, i'm going to have to check it out to see what the fuss is about.

GingeRRRBeef
05-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Vitamin C did that cheezy "Graduation" song that everyone loved back then

Cyruss12
05-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Vitamin C did that cheezy "Graduation" song that everyone loved back then

lol oh yea i remember that song, that was one lame song.

eb0i
05-21-2004, 12:30 PM
I think all 12 contestants that make it should be supplied a suicide watch person after they find out the true premiss of this show.

Absolutely evil, but funny in a twisted way.

happydude
05-22-2004, 10:35 AM
"Knock Knock"
"Who's There?"
"You Sucked!"
:rofl:

While I was watching it I had to wonder if they don't plant some of those really freakishly weird people. Then again, I might just be naive as to how fucked up people can be. Funniest had to be the femme oriental guy who they all thought was a girl and called him Rose, until he said, "Actually my name's Ross":rofl:

pinoyhero
05-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah the show is pretty cruel, I don't think it will alst very long at all, there is a think line between poking fun and being just down right evil.

Jassie
05-23-2004, 08:35 PM
I think that show is SO mean. Those people are going to be so embarrassed when they find out that they are one big joke.

JordanLotoski
05-23-2004, 08:39 PM
i think its pretty funny..which i wold have come up with an idea like that..whoever did made some $$

BebeAphrodite
05-23-2004, 08:58 PM
I think it's funny... they're not looking for ppl with low self esteem
the qualifications are: cocky, confident, with no talent to back themselves up with (from what Vitamin C said)
"i'm Nina Diva... sometimes I call myself THE TRIPLE THREAT"
she was sooo bad... it's ppl like that who are so cocky and they have no talent...she couldn't sing, her gymnastics consisted of a cartwheel, and she didn't even dance well.
As for William Hung, he'd never make it because he's not cocky.. he's sincere.
It's mean.. but in a funny way.
I bet if someone committed suicide there'll be hell to pay.

Kamen
05-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Nah, they get 100gs up front don't they?

I don't know now...I find Vitamin C more of a loser than all the auditioners now...her comments are so fucking lame..:guns:
Briggs is awesome though hahaha

GT2NV
05-24-2004, 10:09 PM
haha i like it, good show:thumbsup:
"you can git wit disss.... or you can git wit dat":rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PGTze
05-24-2004, 10:14 PM
That show is so funny! It is kinda cruel, but $100, 000 will wipe away the tears I'm sure. The best guy is the super scrawny guy with the tinted glasses :rofl:

Seanith
05-24-2004, 10:52 PM
THat show is hilarious.. the comments are just gold. Theres a couple flaming homosexuals on it too.. :rofl:

JordanLotoski
05-24-2004, 10:54 PM
" ive got some good news and ive got some bad news....and news is you suck...good news is your hot and id like to take u out to dinner"
:D

GT2NV
05-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
" ive got some good news and ive got some bad news....and news is you suck...good news is your hot and id like to take u out to dinner"
:D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BebeAphrodite
05-25-2004, 10:29 AM
I actually found those comments "you suck but i would like to take u out to dinner" offensive...
I bet you some of the girls just went off on him but they probably cut it off.

I think Nina Diva was hilarious! She thinks she's so good. "I'm going to finish off with a kick *kick*, a twirl *twirl*..." ha ha ha
what a geek

I also loved the guy who kept forgetting the lines and he was singing so hard and trying so hard to hit the note but he couldn't make it.

What exactly does it mean 100,000 cash advanced? The 'advanced' part is a lil confusing. Is that for sales of the record? and did anyone catch the disclaimer?

ZorroAMG
05-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Fire......FIRE up all your guns.....and float into space

Change all the times you said "yeah" to "no" :rofl: :rofl:

I dunno Cute asian angel, nina diva reminds me of you a bit...:D (maye minus the singing LOL) JK:rofl:

BebeAphrodite
05-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Fire......FIRE up all your guns.....and float into space

Change all the times you said "yeah" to "no" :rofl: :rofl:

I dunno Cute asian angel, nina diva reminds me of you a bit...:D (maye minus the singing LOL) JK:rofl:

:eek:
You'll never catch me wearing a witch outfit for any occasion aside from Halloween.

rage2
06-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Finale is on tonite hehe. I just started watching this show, man, I can't believe these ppl thing they can actually sing!

Very frickin' funny show. I'll bet if I was a contestant, I'd win for sure.

no_joke
06-14-2004, 09:30 PM
The finale was the only ep I watched. Without giving too much away, the ending wasn't quite what I had imagined it to be...

D'z Nutz
06-14-2004, 09:33 PM
I just started watching this last week as well. They reran all the episodes yesterday, but I only caught the first one and the last week's. That was harsh what the one guy said to the girl about being a disgrass to Gladis Knight and the Pips. Atleast after she left, they knew what they were doing was shitty.

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
What exactly does it mean 100,000 cash advanced? The 'advanced' part is a lil confusing. Is that for sales of the record? and did anyone catch the disclaimer?

An advance is basically a loan that comes out of the artist's percentage of the record sales. Let's just say, for example, that a record makes $100 worth of sales. Out of that $100, a majority of the money goes back into money spent on advertising, marketing, distributing, the record company, the producers, etc... I think out of that $100, an artist may only get about $2-$5. If I'm off, I'm not off by very much at all. Of course, artists who have been around a long time and are known to be big money makers negotiate a larger amount, but for people just coming out, I'm pretty sure that's close to what they get. Let's just say the artist gets a $10 advance, and out of every $100 only $2 goes into their pockets. Because they've already been given a $10 advance, they need to sell $500 worth of albums to pay that advance off. If that money from the advance isn't compensated in record sales, the artist owes the remaining amount of money. So if you get a record deal, get an advance, and spend it on a fancy sports car, guess who owns that car? Until you make enough record sales, the record company owns it. Because only a small percentage of all record sales goes towards the actual artist, they need to make a huge amount of sales to make any decent living off their music.

Lennon
06-14-2004, 09:37 PM
So basically, all the winner gets, is .... zip.

legereandrew4
06-14-2004, 09:39 PM
winner... she got a $50 000 record deal and $50 000 cash... thats right.. one hundred grand total... for a hitty ass voice. but she got a smokin body

Lennon
06-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Damn... nevermind... I can't believe tha crap that they give money away to these days... did they tell her in front of everyone that she sucked ass?

rage2
06-14-2004, 09:43 PM
The look on her face watching her performances for the first time was hilarious. Of course, it was probably edited to look that way ;).

Kamen
06-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Damnit I didn't watch it yet but you guys just gave it away. I wanted Rosa to win cuz I hate her!!! :guns: :guns: :guns:

Kamen
06-15-2004, 11:50 PM
OK just watched it...such a weak ending!! They took it so well...

Can't believe Rosa...even in defeat she gives a cocky comment :banghead:

Dj_Stylz
06-16-2004, 11:10 AM
This show is funny but mean haha