PDA

View Full Version : Weider Crossbow Opinions?

JVR1
05-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone has one of these.. i was thinking of picking one up.. i need something i can max out on without a spotter and its cheaper than a bowflex..

MerfBall
05-19-2004, 03:33 PM
It's a good alternative to the bowflex... And works well just make sure to always store the rods in the upright position and be ready for a fairly long installation :D. Definitely best bang for the buck.

There is also the Schwinn knockoff at sport chek. I don't know how much it is, but take a look.

YCB
05-19-2004, 07:00 PM
i wanted to get one.. but my parents made a good point..

they says that i will use it for like 1 or 2 months.. then it will just sit in the basement... at the gym seein other people work out kinda motivates u to work out more..

they're kinda right... haha

max_boost
05-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Yup......I had a Bowflex, used it for the first couple months and then it sat there for the next two years:dunno: :rofl:

JordanLotoski
05-19-2004, 08:31 PM
i say join a gym......everyone i know with home gyms..crossbows, bowflexes they use them as dust collectors and now go to a gym..save yourself the 600 bucks and just join a gym

Dope Dealer
05-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Heard it's a piece of shit.

I wanted one too until I searched Google for reviews.

JVR1
05-20-2004, 03:27 PM
alright, thanks.. i kinda like the conveniece of having it at home and not having to wait for someone to finish sweating on a machine i need..

where do they sell them anyway? i went to fitness depot but didn't see any.

MerfBall
05-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JVR1
alright, thanks.. i kinda like the conveniece of having it at home and not having to wait for someone to finish sweating on a machine i need..

where do they sell them anyway? i went to fitness depot but didn't see any.

:werd:

It is convenient to have it right in the home.

Sears is the only place that sells the weider. Sport chek sells the schwinn knock off.

And it isn't a bad product it works quite well, I'd say bout the same as a bowflex. Only problem with it that it comes in a million pieces and takes a long time to assemble it.

Dope Dealer
05-20-2004, 04:29 PM
I am talking about the new Crossbow. Sorry. The one with no weights, only pulleys.

JVR1
05-25-2004, 11:01 AM
thought about it.. and in the end the crossbow wouldn't have helped me really get any stronger.. so i picked up one of these badboys..

http://www.powertecfitness.com/gallery/powertec-fitness_wb_ls.htm

AWESOME!

BigMass
05-27-2004, 10:25 AM
working out at home only sucks if you do it by yourself. Have a friend come over and train together.