PDA

View Full Version : Bah...I got mono from my friend

93PGT
05-19-2004, 06:56 PM
A couple weeks ago me and a friend hung out. Shared some drinks and a joint. She got mono like 3 days after that...now I have it too.

:thumbsdow

Ahh well....it was a fun night! Hahaha...

Dj_Stylz
05-19-2004, 07:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

boostless
05-19-2004, 07:42 PM
well aint that a bitch :rofl:
did u at least get ass out of that?

Kobe
05-19-2004, 07:48 PM
hahaha i wonder if this is true, or if its a really good owning..hahahah

ninjak84
05-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by boostless
well aint that a bitch :rofl:
did u at least get ass out of that?

lets hope not
who knows what else she's got

TalonVelocity
05-19-2004, 08:51 PM
oh man awesome post!!!!!!!!!!

xrayvsn
05-19-2004, 09:00 PM
No more "contact sports" for you until that spleen goes back to normal size. Look at it this way, you'll never get it again, and for those who have never had it, by the time you're 25, over 95% of people already have the antibody in their blood. This means that you may have had a minor infection that you fought off, and never knew it was mono.

93PGT
05-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I know....and my 18th birthday is in 3 Saturday's and I probably won't be able to drink on it. :thumbsdow :guns:

ShOwOfF
05-19-2004, 11:01 PM
So what exactly is mono?

EstoMax
05-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ShOwOfF
So what exactly is mono?

yeah i have no idea what u guys are talking about :confused:

max:banghead:

Dope Dealer
05-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Mononucleosis is technically called infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever, but is generally referred to as "mono" for short. It occurs primarily between the ages of 10 and 35 years old. When younger children are infected, it causes little or no illness. Such exposure does, however, create an immunity to the disease. Nearly 90% of Americans have antibodies for mononucleosis by age 40. Mono has an incubation period of 30 to 40 days and the symptoms usually last 7 to 14 days but can last for several weeks. The virus can stay alive within the body for several months. The name mononucleosis comes from the fact that the disease distorts the white blood cells, causing them to only have one nucleus. Only a blood test called the mononucleosis spot test can determine if someone has the disease.

The following symptoms can be present with mono, but most likely not all will be. Sore throat, usually red Enlarged lymph nodes in all parts of the body Fever Nausea Loss of appetite Extreme fatigue Enlarged spleen (2/3 of mono patients) Ulceration of the pharynx (sometimes) Swelling of the upper eyelid Trouble breathing Rapid heart beat Red rash on the body (about 15% of mono patients) Oversensitivity to light.

civic_stylez
05-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

lets hope not
who knows what else she's got

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xrayvsn
05-19-2004, 11:40 PM
To add to Dope Dealer's post:

Its an infection caused by the Ebstein-Barr virus, and it is typically transmitted in saliva. It as commonly known as the "kissing disease", but it is usually spread by other means, usually by sharing drinks, or similar activities.

Its usually self limiting, in that it will go away on its own, and does not need any therapy. There is a typical rash when patients with Mono are given penicillin, because mono can also look like strep throat.

One of the biggest concerns with it is in having the enlarged spleen. This can predispose patients who are infected to splenic rupture, and bleeding into their abdomen. As a result, contact sports are usually discouraged for several months. Sometimes, the spleen can rupture spontaneously. In either case, you will have abdominal pain, and even pain in either shoulder (usually on the left) because blood can irritate your diaphragm. As your diaphragm has no pain nerve endings, the brain interprets the pain as coming from the nerve that supplies it, in this case it is in the same distribution as your shoulder.

There you go, all you wanted to know about Mononucleosis.

Davetronz
05-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Hahaha pwned...

Kamen
05-19-2004, 11:49 PM
But did you get head?

88CRX
05-20-2004, 07:01 AM
:banghead: :banghead: i think i have this shit too :thumbsdow

sputnik
05-20-2004, 07:22 AM
PWN3D!

Dj_Stylz
05-20-2004, 07:25 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

88CRX
05-20-2004, 07:32 AM
does it just feel like a really bad cold that last frickin forever? should i go see the doctor about it or what?

93PGT
05-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
But did you get head?

:poosie: :bigpimp:

Kartelli
05-20-2004, 10:50 AM
mono isnt fun boys and girls, I had it for 10 days and couldnt eat properly cause my throat was soo sore (lost 12 pounds from eating 1 meal a day)

:barf:

93PGT
05-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah, my throat is killing me right now. I've been taking Buckleys and throat losengers for a couple days now. Hopefully this doesn't stay too long, because it's whats killing me right now.

CRX crazy
05-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
does it just feel like a really bad cold that last frickin forever? should i go see the doctor about it or what?

go to the doctor, they have to do blood tests to see if you actually have it. it could just be strep throat or just a cold you have. I had to go for tests last week, but I don't have mono :) yeahhhh!!

xrayvsn you can get it more than once, it's not like chicken pox, but chances of getting it twice are little unless you have a weak immune system.

sputnik
05-20-2004, 01:32 PM
yeah... sore throat (especially if you have a fever) is more likely to be strep throat than mono... strep throat can be easily taken care of with antibiodics within a few days.

mono makes you HELLA tired... i knew someone who had it when i was in college and he was in bed sleeping for 14-16 hrs per day