PDA

View Full Version : So you hate it when people use pictures without your permission....

Illusionsir
05-20-2004, 08:09 AM
a friend of mine left me a message on MSN with a link asking me if i gave permission for this site to use a pic of my engine bay...

i just want to know if anyone has ever heard of FULBLOWN motorsports and has any idea how i can get ahold of them to talk to them about it? strange thing about it is this picture was taken at VUB... they didnt take long to post it...

Click me (http://www.fulblownmotorsports.com/fulblown_specials.htm)

i remember sinisterprobeGT had a thread about this a while ago..

Xtrema
05-20-2004, 08:19 AM
That's why you always watermark pics you own and posted on the web.

To bad he's not stealing your bandwidth by linking. If he did, you can own him by changing the pic to p0rn.

xDiMSuMx
05-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
a friend of mine left me a message on MSN with a link asking me if i gave permission for this site to use a pic of my engine bay...

i just want to know if anyone has ever heard of FULBLOWN motorsports and has any idea how i can get ahold of them to talk to them about it? strange thing about it is this picture was taken at VUB... they didnt take long to post it...

Click me (http://www.fulblownmotorsports.com/fulblown_specials.htm)

i remember sinisterprobeGT had a thread about this a while ago..

There's a link on their page
http://www.fulblownmotorsports.com/where_are_we.htm

Ben
05-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
That's why you always watermark pics you own and posted on the web.

To bad he's not stealing your bandwidth by linking. If he did, you can own him by changing the pic to p0rn.

Yep, people steal everything they can, trust me. I watermark and make all my photos I post online really poor quality.

Contact them and demand the removal of your photo, or ask for a purchase of the rights of the photo...50-100 bucks is par.

dishrag
05-20-2004, 08:57 AM
check out Vanilla Rice over here:

Illusionsir
05-20-2004, 08:57 AM
i would do that ben but i dont have a clue who took the photo lol.

i`ll contact them anyways and see what they have to say about the issue..

thanks for the input guys

SinisterProbeGt
05-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Where is FULBLOWN motorsports ?
12017 - 160 Street, Edmonton, AB. Canada T5V 1G7
Phone: (780) 953 - 5674

Line2: (780) 451 - 4173

FAX: (780) 451 - 4176

fulblown @ shaw.ca

Hey yeah I had to sue or at least serve them with papers of copy right. I also had to prove it was my car in the photo.

Just call them and ask whos car is in the photo and if they had permission to use the pic.
Them tell them they may purchase the right to use the photo. If you have a laywer on retainer it would be good cause they could make the call for you.

Just ask them either to take it down or pay for it. I got $250.00 USD for my pic.

Ben
05-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Well with a car show, when you have a car in for public viewing, there is not a whole lot you can do in regards to how people use the pictures they take of your car. I was under the assumption you or a friend took the pic.

Generally if they are using it as advertising, they should be contacting you, as you did not give them permission to be associated with you. Personal use on the other hand, you cant do anything about.

BigMass
05-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Those guys are %115 HOMOS. What they are doing is not only making money on your picture, what's worse is that they are using YOUR WORK to represent their work. I would never give these clowns business. People that surf their website will think that your engine bay is credit to their work, which it isn't.

I would call them and basically ask them "What the fuck is my car doing on your website?" If they dont like it server the fuckers with court papers. I wouldnt take money from these guys for my picture either because they're a bunch of bastards that are going to use your picture to lie to customers about their crappy work and business.

This isn’t the same as people taking pics of rice and posting them on this site to make fun of. This is stealing.

MrHeavyFoot
05-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Like Ben said, if they took the picture, it doesn't give you as much to complain about. I didn't take a long look around their site, but it looks to me like they are using the picture to illustrate what the hoses look like as opposed to claiming they did the install and everything lse.

Anyway, they have a forum on 780tuners.com (if you're in the mood for a public pissing match):
http://forums.780tuners.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=65

Owned 2
05-20-2004, 01:59 PM
lol, well, hows the ssautocrome holding up, hahahahahahaha

Illusionsir
05-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Owned 2
lol, well, hows the ssautocrome holding up, hahahahahahaha

its a modified obx actually hahaha :rolleyes:

Seanith
05-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by dishrag
check out Vanilla Rice over here:

I actually talked to him at the show lol.. he was a nice guy :)

Skylinelover
05-20-2004, 08:20 PM
How do you know that is your engine... There is a 0.0001% chance of being someone elses engine :rofl:

Seanith
05-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
How do you know that is your engine... There is a 0.0001% chance of being someone elses engine :rofl:

You crazy asshole :dunno: :banghead:

Xcessive
05-21-2004, 10:58 AM
IllusionSIR....if that was your pic....which it could have been....
'cause

Every tuner knows his ride down to the last detail!!!

The picture was taken down promptly as soon as you left a POST on 780tuners. I apologize for the use of the car on the site and site administrator has been contacted. The picture was one of many taken in Calgary over the weekend and the administrator that updated the site mistakenly used your engine pic instead of another that Fulblown was 'authorized' to use. Again Sorry about the confusion.

JT

Xcessive
05-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Wrong pics.... I took 3 pictures at the show and 2 of Adam's car!

So who ever was taking pics wasn't matching cars with bays!

Looking at the picture (out of thumb-view)...it is a SiR!!

The pic was in order with a blue RSX but there were no SiR pics!

Weird!?

Again...sorry about the confusion.

Joshua

Hope the guy with the Blue RSX did well though too!

---in reference to 780 post---------------------------------------

Xcessive
05-22-2004, 03:43 AM
illusionsir

My Ride:
Thats cool, i dont mind if you use it, i just dont like it when people pick and choose what pictures they want to use. if you want to use it feel free man

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-21-2004 05:46 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR BEYOND MEMBERS---------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

taken from 780tuners.com

Thanks for the go ahead, but I will have to decline. As stated earlier there was another picture slated for that spot. If you wish I can add it to the Urban Battles Link that is currently being finished. Please send information that you would like posted with the pic. And a pic of your car! All I got is the bay!

It was nice getting the name out to over 500 views in 2 days! Hopefully all the people following this thread have followed it to its resolution and realize there are no hard feels. Come on, we all have a common interest here!!! THAT THE FLAMES TAKE THE CUP!!!
I am in calgary often, so if anyone needs anything at competitive prices...CALL! or email!

Go Flames! See you guys on 17th when they win!

JT