PDA

View Full Version : Check Your Damn Blind Spot!!!!!!!

Drew
05-20-2004, 12:38 PM
so i'm on 9th ave downtown crossing over macload south were the inside lane is an automatic right turn and the next one is turn or go straight, and thats the lane i'm in and i WAS planning on going straight. This white (i think pathfinder) is just to my left and forward a bit so i'm in his blind spot and apparently to him its okay to simutaneosl brake, signal and literally throw his wheel to make the turn fromt the middle of the mother fucking street, only problem is the son of a bitch decides to turn straight for my car. the second his car moved i throw my wheel as hard as i can at 60km/h and slam my head against my window to see a pathfinder about 6 inches from my face turning parallel with me...i was sooooooo sure i was gonna smoke him or kill someone. But somehow and my car holds and i miss him and the huge concrete pillar in the road by like a foot. I pull over cause i'm in shock as well as the girl in my car is freakin the fuck out and the bastard drives by and waves.....WAVES! Thats nice, see how you like it when i pull out a gun put a bullet an inch from your balls and wave back you fucking cunt. (pardon the language but WTF?)

Gonthro
05-20-2004, 12:40 PM
its astonishing how many people in ths city dont sholder check, im amazed there isn't more accidents because of it..

SleeperD
05-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Its going to be raining for a few days....soo crapy roads and people not driving right....... =crash after crash after crash....very lucky no one got hurt

civicluva
05-20-2004, 01:17 PM
I don't shoudler check but I continously look at my rear view and know the cars around me. Shitty deal though.

Strider
05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
I was driving home on 16th the other day and I saw a red 3g lude almost hit the minivan right beside him THREE TIMES when he was going to change lanes:banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
05-20-2004, 01:33 PM
These days proactive driving is sooo important you can't trust anyone on the road

Gonthro
05-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
These days proactive driving is sooo important you can't trust anyone on the road :werd:

i never sit in anyones blindspot for any reason. (and i yell at the wife when she does):banghead:

Shaolin
05-20-2004, 02:17 PM
after getting my motorcycle license a few years ago I learnt to not hang around people's blindspots because like most said, you can't trust anyone on the road, especially with all the trucks and other big rides here in Calgary.. first year I got my bike license I almost got sideswiped by an Escalade EXT.. :thumbsdow

Drew
05-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Ya i do my best to not hang around in anyones blind spot especially cause i'm in such a small car and i'm always checking my blind spot cause i'm so paranoid of hitting a sportbike cause my friend got clipped at 120 by some asshole who didn't check

Gonthro
05-21-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Ya i do my best to not hang around in anyones blind spot especially cause i'm in such a small car and i'm always checking my blind spot cause i'm so paranoid of hitting a sportbike cause my friend got clipped at 120 by some asshole who didn't check

then obviously your friend was the asshole for speeding, as there are no speed limits abive 110

accordboi_02
05-21-2004, 12:45 PM
I almost got smoked yesterday on the N-Bound Crowchild Tr Bridge... some Cutlass Supreme didnt shoulder check and proceed to change lanes... right into the side of my car!!
I only had a tiny bit of room on my left (since it was the bridge) and I used it all and layed on my horn until the bitch realized that she was about to crash into me!!!

Fucking drivers!!! :banghead: :whipped:

Kenkeknem
05-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by civicluva
I don't shoudler check but I continously look at my rear view and know the cars around me. Shitty deal though.
You my friend are a hazard, we will all try and avoid being hit by you in the future. You have obviously never had any one sneak up on you and hang in your blind spot. Cops like to hang here just to see if you do check.

93PGT
05-21-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm glad there's hardly ANY blind spots in my Probe, well at least not from where my seats is and shit. :D

Drew
05-22-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro

then obviously your friend was the asshole for speeding, as there are no speed limits abive 110

hey man have some respect my friend almost died cause he was trying to pass a truc\k so he wouldn't be in the blind spot. Don't be so quik to judge and then tell me you've never speeded up to pass someone

GTS Jeff
05-22-2004, 10:27 AM
i should really get my horn fixed :eek:

finboy
05-22-2004, 10:33 AM
calgary drivers are terrible, they really need to make a new drivers test and make everyone retake it just to get some of the crappy drivers off the streets.

civicluva
05-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Get one of em little mirrors. You can see everything!:clap:

SI-vic
05-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Get one of em little mirrors. You can see everything!:clap:

I'm sure those things work fine but I just dont trust them....
a quick shoulder check makes me feel more safe than mirrors.
I am ALWAYS shoulder checking, I dont see why other drivers dont, it's not that hard to do.

habsfan
05-22-2004, 03:38 PM
i always check....hell i even shoulder check when other people are driving

hjr
05-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Just so you know, that is so wrong. Ill tell you a little story that fucks up your method. I was driving on a 4 lane road in the 2nd lane from the right with a truck to my left and a car ahead on the right. I needed to turn in a few blocks so i pulled behind the car in the right lane but realized he was turning in about 20 feet, so i pulled back into the second lane. the truck having seen me go into the 1st lane didnt realize i had come back and started coming over (i was in their blind spot). no sholder checking, just over. I hit the brakes and moved as far right as i could and avoided the accident. The truck made it 1/2 way into the lane before realizing i was there and went back. by that time i had already avoided the though. This is how you method doesnt work. you never know what people will do. ALWAYS shoulder check. goon.

Originally posted by Gonthro
then obviously your friend was the asshole for speeding, as there are no speed limits abive 110 that is so lame. its NOT his fault someone came into his lane.

kiwi
05-23-2004, 11:49 AM

:guns: what's so hard about shoulder checking?

I'm sure those things work fine but I just dont trust them....
a quick shoulder check makes me feel more safe than mirrors.
I am ALWAYS shoulder checking, I dont see why other drivers dont, it's not that hard to do.

I have a habit of shoulder checking when other people drive too! =P

Zero102
05-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Lol, I always shoulder check when I'm a passenger, and look both ways at a stop, and everything. Just habits that carry over from my driving I suppose. Drives some people nuts when I do it =)

^^^
'what's so hard about shoulder checking?'

EXACTLY!
Why can people not shoulder check? If they can't be bothered to turn their head, then how did they walk out to their freakin car? Or did somebody carry them? Lazy asses.

If you're driving a cube van or something, and CAN'T shoulder check, then you better have the proper mirrors.

Black Gts
05-24-2004, 01:37 AM
the worst is when assholes drive in your blind spot i had some1 do that for 4-5 mins yesterday i got so mad, when i sped up and went in front of him jackass started tailgaiting me, calgary drivers are awful. idiots like that why i pay so much insurance.:thumbsdow

Hakkola
05-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
Lol, I always shoulder check when I'm a passenger, and look both ways at a stop, and everything. Just habits that carry over from my driving I suppose.

Hahahaha, me too, I even put my foot down to brake sometimes.

SI-vic
05-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Black Gts
the worst is when assholes drive in your blind spot i had some1 do that for 4-5 mins yesterday i got so mad, when i sped up and went in front of him jackass started tailgaiting me, calgary drivers are awful. idiots like that why i pay so much insurance.:thumbsdow

well its not other peoples problem if they choose to drive in your blind spot, this is the reason why you have to shoulder check when you do a lane change.

tailgaters on the other hand, they all need to be kicked.

Redlyne_mr2
05-24-2004, 02:34 AM
It's scary being in the blindspot of a big vehicle when youre driving a small one which is why I try and spend as little time in that area as possible. My mr2 is at most 4 feet high so if Ive got a big rig or one of those big super duty trucks to pass I either floor it and get by as quick as possible or I just hang behind him and wait for a better opportunity. Even if he was to shoulder check he probably wouldnt see me. I had a few close calls when I first got the car.

barmanjay
05-24-2004, 02:46 AM
shoulder checking is a must,...... another thing ppl don't realize,....
They put their side mirrors to see behind them,.... fortunately that's what the rear view mirror is for.
unfortunately the side mirrors aren't doing what their supposed to be doing.
The side mirrors should be directed at your blind spots.
I've been doing this since I've started driving (almost 18 years)

It has saved me from an accident numerous times,...
check rear view - clear
shoulder - clear
while gettin ready to change lanes
just as I'm about to change,...
check mirror - some speeding bastard in the right lane who moved from the far left (I can't totally say a**h*le, cause i will admit, when i was young, balls of steel, and a brain full of concrete, I used to do the same),....
damn! Now I start the whole process over again.
been more cautious since i had kids.
98% save the speeding for the track.

method
05-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I'll shoot you nigga I'm hardcore! :burnout: :burnout:

M_Power
05-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by method
I'll shoot you nigga I'm hardcore! :burnout: :burnout:
wtf? did i miss something.
anyways, only hours after reading this thread yesterday i was driving and a silver lude sat in my fucking blind spot for about 5 minutes, speeding up and slowing down to seemingly piss me off. i dont really no wut he was thinking, just glad i spotted him when i did.