PDA

View Full Version : Best Scrapyard in Calgary Area?

Arthur Dent
10-18-2002, 12:46 PM
I am looking for a nice pick-your-own-parts type of scrapyard. I have been to Calgary Pick Your Part and Bucks but is there any others? Specially on the north side of town (or Airdrie even).

BTW: If anyone ever sees a Triumph Spitfire in a boneyard let me know. Thanks.

http://www.hybridz.org/ubb/graemlins/cheers.gif

ecstasyracer
10-18-2002, 01:04 PM
I've seen a lot of good cars at Alan and Sons that aren't at the other pick a parts. Cars like complete talons or 5.0 mustangs. The only problem is sometimes they won't let you wonder the yard and you have to tell them exaclty what your looking for.

lsvetc
10-18-2002, 11:02 PM
theres really no good scrap yards in calgary. Especially Honda stuff, its almost completly cornered off by A1. They really suck too cuz they usually have nothing that your looking for. The stuff there is either a) really old stuff, b) intensely expensive even if they do have the part. Some might ask, "there has to be a place where all Hondas and Acuras die", well, A1 is usually where all the stuff goes. The reason why you hardly find stuff is not because they dont have the cars, its because they reserve all the good ones to use for their body shop. Going there is like a waste of time!

finboy
10-18-2002, 11:55 PM
pick your part is good if you have an 80's car, usually domestic.

even then, they don't have all the parts you need.