PDA

View Full Version : MRC speedbumps from hell!

izzoblitzo
05-21-2004, 12:10 AM
HOLY CRAP. anyone go to MRC? Just drove through the obstacle course of speedbumps from hell. The new wing near the east side of the building came with a new roadway that links the parking lots. The speedbumps are HORRIBLE! It's almost like, no matter how slow you go over them, you scratch, and bump.:banghead:

My car has a kit, and it's not even lowered yet, and Im experiencing some major scrapage. How on earth do you guys with the kits and the lower'd suspension do it? I know your supposed to go slowly and at some crazy angle, but what if there are oncoming cars, and you can't go in an angle? what do you do? What about the parking lots with the dips at the entrance? how do you guys go through that without taking a good chunk out of your bumpers?

how do ya'll go up onto driveways? any special technique? please share! :)

SoSlowDx
05-21-2004, 12:13 AM
IMO who gives a fuck about oncoming traffic take your time :D make them wait until you're safely over the speed bump:D

buh_buh
05-21-2004, 12:38 AM
:werd:

I go really slow and just turn up the music:cry:

sunfiredude
05-21-2004, 01:10 AM
i know your pain bro, i think all university/college parking lots have huge speed bumps, it seems as though more places are getting larger speed bumps for some reason, the safeway out here in lethbridge are off tha hook, a stock car barely gets over them....any performance/sport compact car will scrape at stock height and will absolutely be raped if lowered

A|pine
05-21-2004, 01:19 AM
haha yeah, i know what u talking about, the raod by the residentials are crazy big.

try to go in the middle and u can save one side hehehe.

GTS Jeff
05-21-2004, 10:22 AM
go over bumps and into driveways one wheel at a time.

and get really stiff suspension.

hatetank
05-21-2004, 10:29 AM
I laughed at a kid with a lowered, riced out civic with a body kit scrape over the speedbumps -- looked/sounded hilarious.

PGTze
05-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah those speed bumps at MRC are brutal. They're like 4 feet long and 2 feet high :thumbsdow

izzoblitzo
05-21-2004, 12:13 PM
thanks fellas!

but for most speedbumps, going over them one wheel at a time would be alright.. but if you're lowered, and you have a kit.. that's almost next to impossible! first, you'd pretty much have to be parallel to the speedbump! and after you get over with the first wheel, or two wheels.. the side skirts are now fair game!

*sigh* the costs of a kitted car..

hahaha

ExtremeSi
05-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Yup those new ones at MRC are killer. I went that way once and then never again. My car is too damn low for it. I approached at about a 45 degree angle and went 2km/h while listening to the bottom of my car drag on the bump.

86max
05-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Shitty. They were'nt too bad when I went there 3 years ago. Some people still had to do the angle thing though. School administrators probably think it's funny to watch all these low cars trying to get over the speed bumps. Or maybe the contractor has something against sports cars:confused:

Hakkola
05-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Hahahaha, I'm fucked. Those one's by the the new residence buildings were killing me when I was just lowered, now I'm gonna be completely screwed.

403Gemini
05-22-2004, 12:10 AM
you gotta wonder if theres any laws against excessive speed bumps...

cause i understand their purpose but they dont hafta be like a foot high!

hockeybronx
05-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
you'd pretty much have to be parallel to the speedbump!

:drama:
It's funny because it's true. Damn parking authorities:guns:

O_J
05-22-2004, 12:16 AM
High schools are building new speed bumps that are fucking high as well...like WTF, but i'm glad i've got coilovers and yet it still scrapes the underbody and exhaust piping...maybe after high school i'll drop it more, but then theres MRC now FUCK!

VWhooligan
05-22-2004, 12:11 PM
yah i'm lowered and i have a body kit too and scraping is a given on the MRC bumps. i've had to stop traffic trying to go sideways over those things. its a gong show!

Hash_man
05-22-2004, 12:26 PM
High schools are building new speed bumps that are fucking high as well...like WTF, but i'm glad i've got coilovers and yet it still scrapes the underbody and exhaust piping...maybe after high school i'll drop it more, but then theres MRC now FUCK!

Ya no shit... At my school they have double speedbumps. one right after the other, they are such a pain in the ass.

TomTom
05-22-2004, 04:51 PM
it was fine for a while....than they went nuts and added the hills not bumps and i couldnt drive my lude threw there anymore

kiwi
05-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Why did MRC make their speedbumps so high? People like to race around the parking lot or something?

There's no speedbumps at UC... :dunno:

BumpinTalon
05-23-2004, 02:05 PM
i know how to get over them
drive really fast so you just launch right over. :)

three.eighteen.
05-23-2004, 02:34 PM
if enough modded cars slow the crap out of their traffic flow they should grind them down...i'll be at mrc next year wearing a rieger kit and dropped pretty hard on coils

buh_buh
05-23-2004, 02:46 PM
its actually pretty simple. You just have to be careful which lot you park at. If you park at the East Gate don't go in through the West Gate. If you pick the right entrance you can get away with getting in and out of the lots without hitting any speedbumps or 1 speedbump.

But if you like cruising around the school in circles and showing off your fartcan exhaust then your out of luck:rolleyes: (many people do I noticed)

Ben
05-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Lets go plough them up, those are unreasonably high.

ExtremeSi
05-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
its actually pretty simple. You just have to be careful which lot you park at. If you park at the East Gate don't go in through the West Gate. If you pick the right entrance you can get away with getting in and out of the lots without hitting any speedbumps or 1 speedbump.

But if you like cruising around the school in circles and showing off your fartcan exhaust then your out of luck:rolleyes: (many people do I noticed)
:werd: just take the right entrance and never drive around the school