click here to find out

<snip>

...fucker

lammer
10-18-2002, 10:48 PM
hahahaha ownage.

Zephyr
10-18-2002, 10:50 PM
thats not funny dude, it crashed my comp and i lost my essay...

Fluidic
10-18-2002, 11:12 PM
You fucking idiot! Not fucking funny!

Moderators or Administrators, please delete this bullshit post!

WARNING TO ALL: DO NOT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK!!!!!

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Peter

Zephyr
10-18-2002, 11:18 PM
now i have to fucking retype my dam 6 page essay... because ur moron asss made my comp freeze and lost all my data

Hakkola
10-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I'd agree, that's not cool, I figured not to click after reading zephyr's post. It should be deleted, but why don't you guys save your work? I learned to save a long long time ago.

2000impreza
10-18-2002, 11:21 PM
no fucking shit. i lost part of a essay i'm writing too.......... what a fucking useless ass post.............

Zephyr
10-18-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Yeah, I'd agree, that's not cool, I figured not to click after reading zephyr's post. It should be deleted, but why don't you guys save your work? I learned to save a long long time ago.

when i'm talking to my gf on the phone and typing, i forget to do something...

[GaGe]
10-18-2002, 11:24 PM
Damnit! I was almost done my homework assignment too! That's not funny. :thumbsdow

infamous
10-18-2002, 11:25 PM
what the fuck?? i don't get it...it didn't freeze my comp or any shit like that....sorry to hear that guys :thumbsdow hopefully you can remember most of it...if not just tell your teacher about the site and ask him/her to go to it...i'm sure that would get you an A+ :thumbsup: :rofl:

[GaGe]
Originally posted by Hakkola

I always save after i'm done.

Ben
FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!!

Zephyr
10-18-2002, 11:26 PM
just for screwing a few of us over i suggest:

http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/banhim.jpg

[GaGe]
10-18-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by infamous
what the fuck?? i don't get it...it didn't freeze my comp or any shit like that....sorry to hear that guys :thumbsdow hopefully you can remember most of it...if not just tell your teacher about the site and ask him/her to go to it...i'm sure that would get you an A+ :thumbsup: :rofl:

I had to go to task manager to stop it, and it closed all the websites i was using for information. :banghead:

Fluidic
10-18-2002, 11:29 PM
Time to ban this mother fucker!!! :bigpimp:

Ben
10-18-2002, 11:29 PM
YOUR GONNA DIE FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strider
10-18-2002, 11:31 PM
seriously... you guys need to calm the fuck down... it should by no means have crashed any of your computers...

plus its not my fault you don't save your work

Fluidic
10-18-2002, 11:32 PM
Don't post fucking shit like that, is all... you fucking should be banned for that... but whatever!

infamous
10-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
just for screwing a few of us over i suggest:

http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/banhim.jpg

i 2nd that :thumbsup:

[GaGe]
10-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Strider
seriously... you guys need to calm the fuck down... it should by no means have crashed any of your computers...

But it's still your fault for posting this and making people lose their essays

Strider
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM
its just a link to a website that i thought was funny... i saw it on another messageboard and nobody fucking spazzed over it, chill out... holy shit

Ben
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM

I was beaten:rolleyes:

Hakkola
10-18-2002, 11:36 PM
I save after about every 10 minutes of work, or everytime i stop typing for a little break, they taught me that in school.
Yeah, I could see how you could forget though, it's not cool, what exactly did the link do?? I don't think he expected anyone to be doing any homework on friday night while checking out beyond, so I think banning might be harsh, but still it sounds not very cool.

infamous
10-18-2002, 11:37 PM
the link took you to a page that had your an idiot typed and a couple of happy faces...it flashed black and white and there was a super annoying fucking song that sang "your an idiot" over and over...

[GaGe]
10-18-2002, 11:38 PM
windows that says: "You are an idiot" flew around your screen, and kept popping up..I ended it with task manager, but when it ended, my other windows closed too.. :thumbsdow

Strider
10-18-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
windows that says: "You are an idiot" flew around your screen, and kept popping up..I ended it with task manager, but when it ended, my other windows closed too.. :thumbsdow

and that made you lose your essay how?

lammer
10-18-2002, 11:40 PM
he probably closed his word document too. i closed everything on my screen. winamp icq messages everything.

Hakkola
10-18-2002, 11:41 PM
I think what might of happened is explorer or whatever you use resetted, and your word program is probably still open if your comp didn't crash and it doesn't appear on your toolbar, all you have to do is press alt-tab and it might still be there.

[GaGe]
10-18-2002, 11:41 PM

and that made you lose your essay how?

I was 3/4 done a write-up, and I was using websites for information. I didn't lose the essay, but i had to look up the sites again

Stratus_Power
10-18-2002, 11:46 PM
probably cuz its poping up as explorer ( i didnt open it) ,and when u pull up task manager, you might accidently close Exploere.exe, which would freeze up your whole system, instead of IEexcplorer or watever..

Strider
10-18-2002, 11:47 PM
well, sorry to anyone who lost their work... but i just hit backspace and went back to my last page
dunno whats up with all your computers maybe its time for a new one?

D'z Nutz
10-18-2002, 11:48 PM
Any chance you guys might have backups saved by the program automatically?

[GaGe]
10-18-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
probably cuz its poping up as explorer ( i didnt open it) ,and when u pull up task manager, you might accidently close Exploere.exe, which would freeze up your whole system, instead of IEexcplorer or watever..

i don't think your computer freezes. You just lose your whole desktop, and your bars. but that's pretty close to freezing.

infamous
10-18-2002, 11:49 PM
wow...i went to the site again...and when i tried to change the address....a million little windows popped up, and i couldn't close them all fast enough..suddenly, a little window pops up and says explorer.exe has had an error blah blah blah and so i had to restart my computer...now i know what everyone else was talking about...

BAN THE DUMB FUCK FOR STUPIDITY!!

[GaGe]
10-18-2002, 11:51 PM
wow...i went to the site again...and when i tried to change the address....a million little windows popped up, and i couldn't close them all fast enough..suddenly, a little window pops up and says explorer.exe has had an error blah blah blah and so i had to restart my computer...now i know what everyone else was talking about...

there was only 1 window before?

infamous
10-18-2002, 11:52 PM
yeah before it was only 1 window, and i could close it....but i just watched it for a couple of seconds and closed it...but when i tried to change the address, minimize it or restore it down, it would pop up like 10 million of them

redec
10-18-2002, 11:52 PM

ban him for his stupidity....when you were the one that went to the link after everyone was bitching that it crashed their box....something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind...

infamous
10-18-2002, 11:55 PM
well no...i checked it out because i didn't know what the others were talking about...it crashed my computer, but i didn't have a 6 page essay not saved...if i had anything that was even close to being important up on my computer right now i wouldn't have checked it out, just to see what everyone else was talking about....

infamous
10-18-2002, 11:55 PM
oh yeah i don't know what the hell you are talking about with the pot and kettle?!? care to explain?

RSeXy
10-18-2002, 11:58 PM
good thing i never saw that post! i've been working on and off on my 12pg history paper today. i would've been so choked!

that happened to me last year where i got a virus and lost my essay :banghead:

i vowed to never go through that again.

i feel your pain to those who lost parts of their essays. :werd:

D'z Nutz
10-18-2002, 11:58 PM
If you guys were using Microsoft Word, check to see if you had AutoRecover enabled:

http://kb.indiana.edu/data/ahnd.html

By default, I think it might be set to enabled, but that might not always be the case. Read the information in the link above to see if you might be able to located your crashed files. With any luck, you'll have only lost a minimum portion of your document.

BTW, it looks like the "Application Data" directory may be a hidden file if you're not able to see it, in which then you'd have to set your windows explorer to be able to view hidden files.

Zephyr
10-19-2002, 12:06 AM
once i clicked it, my screen froze and wouldn't unfreeze and everything stopped working.... i can't seem to back it up, i even lost two mp3s i d/l.....i hate my comp

looks like a all nighter on sunday for me....

u should of posted a warning, that the site would do multiple windows...

infamous
10-19-2002, 12:07 AM
shit sorry to hear that zephyr.....:( ...hopefully you can get it all done....

GTS Jeff
10-19-2002, 01:02 AM
oh man, strider u just severely fucked some ppl over.

but every1 else, wtf...turn on autosave in word. mine automatically saves once a minute...so when shit like dis be goin down, i iz on toppa thangs

Davetronz
10-19-2002, 01:05 AM
whoa shit, i missed something here....
Dudes ALT F4 that shit the next time it happens. Half the time pop up close buttons or windows X's are coded to open another window.
And yes I would have to admit Jeff is smart in suggesting the auto save every MINUTE. Thats what mine is set to...

Strider
10-19-2002, 01:15 AM
autosave should be on by default :confused:

Strider
10-19-2002, 01:23 AM
heres the original link.... if anybody dares click it after reading the horror stories...

***WARNING DO NOT CLICK IF YOU'RE WRITING A SIX PAGE ESSAY AND DON'T SAVE YOUR WORK*** OR IF YOU HAVE OTHER IMPORTANT IE SESSIONS OPEN***
A POPUP STOPPER MIGHT BE HANDY TOO

offiz.bei.t-online.de/open.html

Davetronz
10-19-2002, 01:29 AM
Meh, I will give it a try. If people are bitching cus of an explorer loop I will be forced to ......... I dunno...... Really I dont...

Check back for Dave's "Word on the Link" ....................

D'z Nutz
10-19-2002, 01:31 AM
Of course, if you have javascript disabled, you shouldn't have any pop up's coming up ever.

Davetronz
10-19-2002, 01:37 AM
So Dave's "Word on the Link".....
Quite a little malicious bastard of a popup that seems to re-generate itself at a exponential rate each time you try to close it....
Locked me up. Was able to do a task manager restart, so I didnt need to hit the "reset" switch.

TO THOSE WHO HAVE RAN THIS LINK. DELETE YOUR HISTORY AND YOUR TEMPORARY INTERNET FOLDERS... The program seems to dump a lot of shit into there....

.... Now course of action.... Someone hold down strider so I can kick him in the junk for all those who lost their work...

As for me, I clicked on it for fun, I dunno, it was a challenge so I am not upset. But I am upset for the rest of the people who are rightfully upset.....

Stratus_Power
10-19-2002, 01:52 AM
now im sooooo tempted to click it.. but reset button soo far away...