PDA

View Full Version : the gas pump auto clicker things dont always work

GTS Jeff
05-22-2004, 10:35 AM
sometimes when im gassing up, the clicker clicks like every 2 dollars....its pretty annoying cuz i wont know when my gas tank is full until left leg is soaked in gas..anyone have this happen to them?

Redlyne_mr2
05-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Older toyotas seem to be common for that. It's due to the angle and size of the piping to the gas tank. If you hold the nozzle at the wrong angle it splashes off the tubing and back onto the nozzle which causes it to stop pumping. What you have to do is find that perfect angle, it's in there somewhere

EK 2.0
05-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Older toyotas seem to be common for that. It's due to the angle and size of the piping to the gas tank. If you hold the nozzle at the wrong angle it splashes off the tubing and back onto the nozzle which causes it to stop pumping. What you have to do is find that perfect angle, it's in there somewhere

Wow boys...that sounds almost sexual...:D

Lennon
05-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Wow boys...that sounds almost sexual...:D

Then go get laid so your not thinking about sex everytime someone says something.....er... related.

xrayvsn
05-22-2004, 11:39 AM
On a related note, I was watching the news recently, and they were showing video footage af this woman filling her gas tank with the auto clicker thing. She gets into her car while the gas fills, and comes back to top up the last little bit. Except now she's got a bit of an electrostatic discharge just as she touches the pump, and ignites the fumes. MASSIVE fuel fire ensues.

Same thing happened up here in St. Albert last week. I figure there must be a video of it somewhere on the net. Maybe it's been posted here. Bottom line is, don't go back in your car while you're waiting for the fuel to fill unless you have your flame retardant suit on.

Here's a link of it, if it's not a repost. Fuel fire (http://www.uselessjunk.net/videos/gas_pump_fire.wmv)

GTS Jeff
05-22-2004, 06:23 PM
hm so theres some sorta gas fillup g-spot then...

Redlyne_mr2
05-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
hm so theres some sorta gas fillup g-spot then...
Hahahaha leave it up to you guys to relate sex to pumping gas in an old Toyota.

DefektiveVibe
05-22-2004, 07:39 PM
yah when you put the auto clicker on make sure the nozzle isnt all the way in...just leave it in but not all the way cuz that causes the gas to splash back or somehting im not really sure...but i know that all the cars ive filled up if i put it all the way in...the clicker just lets go

EK 2.0
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by DefektiveVibe
yah when you put the auto clicker on make sure the nozzle isnt all the way in...just leave it in but not all the way cuz that causes the gas to splash back or somehting im not really sure...but i know that all the cars ive filled up if i put it all the way in...the clicker just lets go

Don't you HATE when you put it ALL the way in and it lets go??:poosie:...I know I do...:D

And yes Ryan, you just make it FAR too easy for Jeff and myself...

CelicaST-162
05-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
sometimes when im gassing up, the clicker clicks like every 2 dollars....its pretty annoying cuz i wont know when my gas tank is full until left leg is soaked in gas..anyone have this happen to them?

I had this issue with my Celica, make sure the nozzle isnt all way in that makes the end of the nozzle (where you hold on) too high up. That splashes on the side of the tube and makes nozzle think its full. Trick is put the nozzle about half way in, and hold it down. That should stop your 2 dollar problem.

Off topic here, I was filling up the Pathfinder (as usual). The fitting between the nozzle and hose was loose and it sprayed gas all over me, thats why my classmates kept asking how come their class smells like gas....:rolleyes:

ramminghard
05-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

I had this issue with my Celica, make sure the nozzle isnt all way in that makes the end of the nozzle (where you hold on) too high up. That splashes on the side of the tube and makes nozzle think its full. Trick is put the nozzle about half way in, and hold it down. That should stop your 2 dollar problem.

Off topic here, I was filling up the Pathfinder (as usual). The fitting between the nozzle and hose was loose and it sprayed gas all over me, thats why my classmates kept asking how come their class smells like gas....:rolleyes: :werd:
Same Thing with my celica