PDA

View Full Version : Almost T'd a car..

Merkur
05-22-2004, 05:05 PM
And no this one is not my fault, i was going along fine last night in the rain, and i was probably 20 feet from the stop line and the light goes yellow, and being that i was in my dads quad cab duramax there was no way in hell that thing would of stopped, especially in the rain, so i went through the yellow, BUT before i got to the line the guy in the turning lane on the other side decided he wanted to jump the lights and beat some traffic, thanks goodness his brakes worked, missed me by about a foot...

WHY are people so dumb?

hjr
05-22-2004, 05:48 PM
luckily he did stop. he would be at fault though anyways

kiwi
05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Yeah, you have to watch out for those guys in the turning lanes. I've seen people turn even when their light was red! :banghead:

sxtasy
05-23-2004, 12:01 PM
^You can turn after a light turns red because when you pull up into the intersection to make a left handed turn you have to "clear the intersection" after the light changes.

kiwi
05-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
^You can turn after a light turns red because when you pull up into the intersection to make a left handed turn you have to "clear the intersection" after the light changes.

no no, what I meant was, their light was red... they come up to the intersection thinking that it was okay for them to just turn!

illeagle
05-23-2004, 12:38 PM
I hate it when My light goes green and there are still people turning in front of me.

Zero102
05-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Fuck, 36th st and memorial, perfect example. Always 5 or 6 idiots who run the red on their turn lights there.
Drives me nuts.

Orbie
05-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Yeah you always see this on the intersection to the main entrance to Chinook on Macleod Tr. If I'm eating at the food court and sitting by a window, I'll always catch 2-3 near accidents from people that just keep turning into Chinook going Macleod North, when the light turns green for people going Southbound. Stupid idiots, just can't wait to go shopping. I think patience is a virtue that more drivers need to have. Much like Merkur's experience, if that guy had only waited to make sure oncoming traffic had stopped before he turned, both of you could have avoided a near accident. It's not like people are going to run you over if your still in the intersection, there's usually enough time between the switching of red lights, such that if your caught in an intersection on a red light, you can still turn before the other light turns green. Of course, if some guy runs a red and T's you turning, then that's his fault.

Ben
05-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I hate it when My light goes green and there are still people turning in front of me.

Originally posted by Zero102
Fuck, 36th st and memorial, perfect example. Always 5 or 6 idiots who run the red on their turn lights there.
Drives me nuts.

Originally posted by Orbie
Yeah you always see this on the intersection to the main entrance to Chinook on Macleod Tr. If I'm eating at the food court and sitting by a window, I'll always catch 2-3 near accidents from people that just keep turning into Chinook going Macleod North, when the light turns green for people going Southbound. Stupid idiots, just can't wait to go shopping. I think patience is a virtue that more drivers need to have. Much like Merkur's experience, if that guy had only waited to make sure oncoming traffic had stopped before he turned, both of you could have avoided a near accident. It's not like people are going to run you over if your still in the intersection, there's usually enough time between the switching of red lights, such that if your caught in an intersection on a red light, you can still turn before the other light turns green. Of course, if some guy runs a red and T's you turning, then that's his fault.

This is the mainly the City of Calgarys fault. Sure there is the blaitant light runner, but for the most part it's because they dont have any sort of "ALL RED" zone on light changes.

What I mean by this is there is no point where ALL the lights are red, acting as a buffer zone from when the turn signal turns red and oncoming light turns green, so you enter the intersection when turn signal is still yellow, but it turns red right after, and the oncoming lights turn green immediatly, so you're still turning when the oncming has a green light. The MacLeod trail/Glenmore overpass intersection is the worst for this cause its such a huge intersection. Fuck our city planners are dumb when it comes to streetlights.

yohan4ws
06-02-2004, 04:48 PM
there is a delay, but a really stupidly small one ... its like half a second or so ..

I got hit when i was "clearing the intersection" my fault... I could have stopped and should have to wait ou ttraffic, i'd probably have been fine but the oncoming punched it hard and plowed into me ... stupid ... (for those who dont know, automatically if you get hit turning left and oncoming has a green light... your at at fault)

so i learnt my lesson .. no flamin here (4years ago now .. )

I like posts like these because they point out the idiocracies of other users and set an example of beyond members to NOT follow ... be smart out there!