PDA

View Full Version : help.. d15b o2 sensor

403nissan
05-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Hi …I have a civic vx…just had a d15b engine dropped in…I need help on how to convert the vx wiring harness 5 wire o2 sensor to a 1 wire o2 sensor on the d15b…can anyone help me….

gpomp
05-23-2004, 03:36 AM
www.honda-tech.com

Alpine Autowerks
05-23-2004, 08:09 AM
if you are using the VX ecu...put in the 5 wire from the Vx. it is a wide band sensor and works total differently than a normal O2 sensor.

egmike
05-23-2004, 09:50 PM
what ecu r you using P08? Search on Honda-tech ....... but as far as I know you can use either, just run the single 02 wire from the 1 wire sensor to your signal wire on the engine harness.

see here also to convert t jdm ecu to 4 wire:
http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/OneWireTo4WireO2Sensor

403nissan
05-24-2004, 08:29 PM
im using the vx wireing harness with p08 ecu...i cant find the signal wire on the vx o2 sensor cuz i think its a wide band o2 sensor...does anyone no if the po8 ecu can run a 4 wire o2 sensor??

dohcivic
07-08-2004, 10:54 AM
im having the same problem now. im using a p08 with the VX harness on a D15B VTEC engine. but i dont think the p08 is picking it up. i want to use the p08 coz its for the engine and the rev limit is higher than the p07 VX ecu.

how can i re-wire the VX harness into accepting a different o2 sensor and a 'how many wire' o2 sensor should i get/will work?

my car is running way too rich and hesitating alot and cold starts are the worse!

any help plzzzzz

:(

WGR4Pussies
07-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 403nissan
im using the vx wireing harness with p08 ecu...i cant find the signal wire on the vx o2 sensor cuz i think its a wide band o2 sensor...does anyone no if the po8 ecu can run a 4 wire o2 sensor??

The 5 wire 02 sensor should have a signal wire for normal non linear readings.

you can use a 4 wire o2 sensor.

if you don't use the VX O2 sensor, I'll be glad to purcahse it from you. PM me if you wana sell it.

dohcivic
07-08-2004, 12:14 PM
So a p08 can run a 4 wire sensor??

Theres an article about converting the 7 wire harness plug to a 4 wire o2 instead of using the 5 wire wideband one.

Looks logical. just need to know if the p08 will accept this.

heres the site for that

http://www.hybridautomotive.com/tech/o2/

what do you guys think??

can be done to work on a p08??

dj_rice
07-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by dohcivic

Theres an article about converting the 7 wire harness plug to a 4 wire o2 instead of using the 5 wire wideband one.

heres the site for that

what do you guys think??

Arent u supposed to make ur own thread and not take over someones thread?

egmike
07-08-2004, 07:34 PM

heres the site for that

what do you guys think??

P08 uses a 1 wire 02, if you uses a 4 wire it will still work, it wont be heated but when 02 warms up from the exhaust and will still give ecu feeback.

You should go to honda-tech.com and search... Quit waiting for people to answer your questions :nut:

dohcivic
07-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Arent u supposed to make ur own thread and not take over someones thread?

same problem, same setup, need same solution, whats the point of starting a new thread when there is one for it already??

im only helping in getting it fixed all the same. why dramatise for.

thanks egmike. believe me i have been searching honda tech etc and nearly everywhere else on the net. even if there was a possible solution, im looking for opinions from people who have either done or know what the solutions really are. this is what the forum is for isnt it??

looks like ppl are trying to go against me even before they know me, whats up with dat. im not some snob with attitude or wateva, im a guy whos trying to get his car fixed and asking for help.

dj_rice
07-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Read the forum rules...

Its called Hi-Jacking someone's thread..

Dont be so lazy and make ur own thread...and lol I wasnt trying to go against you...so simmer down now

WGR4Pussies
07-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Read the forum rules...

Its called Hi-Jacking someone's thread..

Dont be so lazy and make ur own thread...and lol I wasnt trying to go against you...so simmer down now

you have nothing to contribute to this thread, it was going fine till you who don't know shit about the subject went out on a noob. get a grip.

egmike
07-11-2004, 02:32 AM

same problem, same setup, need same solution, whats the point of starting a new thread when there is one for it already??

im only helping in getting it fixed all the same. why dramatise for.

thanks egmike. believe me i have been searching honda tech etc and nearly everywhere else on the net. even if there was a possible solution, im looking for opinions from people who have either done or know what the solutions really are. this is what the forum is for isnt it??

looks like ppl are trying to go against me even before they know me, whats up with dat. im not some snob with attitude or wateva, im a guy whos trying to get his car fixed and asking for help.

Yah I know wat your saying but there arent alot of people on here that have done the d15b swap in the VX so posting honda-tech will get you way better results than posting here.