PDA

View Full Version : Well, there goes my weekend, thanks McGard.

ZMan2k2
05-23-2004, 11:17 AM
[rant] God dammit!!!! Well, I was all ready to put on my new suspension this weekend, and I'm foiled by my locking lug nuts! I go to break loose the lugs on my wheels, and get to the locking one, a McGard set. Put the key on, give it a twist, and crack. The little ridge inside the key breaks off! Completely comes apart. There were quite a few words uttered from me, and then I calmed down a little. Try a few other things, cause the key is useless now, and nothing will work. Head to the parts store, ask if they have anything to remove locking lugs without the key, no luck. They tell me to go to a tire shop. And I would, except for the fact that the tire shops are closed for the long weekend.:banghead: :banghead: [/rant ]

Sorry, just had to get it out. The wife doesn't get it, she thinks that I should just try a bigger wrench :nut: , so I had to share with someone who might understand my frustration.

blknitrocivic
12-09-2004, 02:54 PM
that's why I start with the locking nut first, because the other nuts will keep the wheel tight up against the hub. If you leave it for last there's added pressure.

good luck......... get the serial number and order a new key

RickDaTuner
12-09-2004, 02:58 PM
wholly OLD THREAD BAT MAN

KoukiS14
12-09-2004, 02:58 PM
this thread is 6+ months old, i think hes ok by now :thumbsup:

blknitrocivic
12-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Wow, 6 months old! I did a search for something and saw the post. I figured mentioning the undo the lock nut first thing would be helpful to others. Not that any of the new stuff isn't helpful.

Thanks for pointing it out to me, guys. I'll try to pay attention to the date from now on.

=later=