PDA

View Full Version : Where to recycle or throw out these???

trdjce10
05-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Got some junk in the garage and want to know the proper way to get rid them...

computer monitor (doesn't worK)
turbo (old, rusted and seized)
ski (very old)
snow blower machine (old and useless)

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

RX-7_TWINTURBO
05-23-2004, 06:50 PM
city landfill if the garbage man wont pick them up

turbo_equiped
05-23-2004, 07:09 PM
yea whereever the dumpster is!!

ryder_23
05-23-2004, 07:17 PM
^
you cant do that with everything

Few weeks ago, the city had a big recylcing thing for old electronics, such as your computer monitor. You can drop that stuff off at the dump, but i think the computer monitor goes into a special dumpster, not the main fill, and yes it will cost you money..

iceburns288
05-23-2004, 07:24 PM
You should make stuff. Bust the glass and rip the internals out of the monitor, and put a small board in the bottom. You have a little box now, put several small pictures in it or maybe some flowers (?) I dunno.

Polish the turbo and make it into a lamp.:thumbsup:

The ski can be... whatever you want.

turbo_equiped
05-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
You should make stuff. Bust the glass and rip the internals out of the monitor, and put a small board in the bottom. You have a little box now, put several small pictures in it or maybe some flowers (?) I dunno.

lol...
you pretty creative man..
or you could take all the stuff from him and make things for yourself...!!
lol..j/k:rofl:

EK 2.0
05-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by trdjce10
Got some junk in the garage and want to know the proper way to get rid them...

computer monitor (doesn't worK)
turbo (old, rusted and seized)
ski (very old)
snow blower machine (old and useless)

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

Don't laugh, I am actually looking for an old turbo to make into a desk accent with...I will take that snail off of your hands man...I just need to know which snail it is, I dont want something too big:D it's only for my desk you know...

iceburns288
05-23-2004, 08:07 PM
I was serious, you can use a turbo for a lot of great stuff. I would take it, but I am far away.

RickDaTuner
05-23-2004, 08:45 PM

Older monitors need to be disposed of properly many of them contain mercury and all other sorts of radio active material..

subdermal
05-23-2004, 09:54 PM
monitors implode. do NOT try to break the glass in your monitor. :thumbsdown:

Davetronz
05-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Dont fuck with the monitor... Voltage is bad.......
Bring it to Crowfoot or MacLeod compusmart. It will cost you $15 and you will get 1.50 applied as a store credit to a future purchase.

Dj_Stylz
05-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Couple weeks ago i took all my old comps monitors and stuff to Mount Royal for that recycle thing i droped off alot of stuff and it didnt cost anything there were tons of people there also

xrayvsn
05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Are there no ECO stations in Calgary? I just broing all my old computer stuff, oil, tires, etc to an ECO station here in Edmonton, and I think the stuff gets recycled, or properly disposed of.