PDA

View Full Version : Question For You Turbo Guys

hockeybronx
05-23-2004, 10:46 PM
So I thought alot about Turbocharging or Supercharging my car, now I'm glad I didn't because of the gas prices.

So for the daily drivers who run turbo/super=91 octane do you guys feel the power has been worth it?

EK 2.0
05-23-2004, 10:52 PM
I currently have no Wastegate...so no boost, but, I do have bumped up compression and it drives like a 4000lbs AWD Subaru...and since I have no boost...

I have been filling up on regular...and honestly, if you do the math...its only 4-5 dollars more per tank, yes it does add up over a few tanks...but I mean baby your car around and it shouldn't really be an issue...

You should pose same question to the guys with built N/A Mills who HAVE to run higher octane ratings...us turbo guys can just turn the wick down a lil...

Redlyne_mr2
05-23-2004, 11:07 PM
I could not drive my turbo mr2 as a daily driver...lol I don't know how some of you afford the gas

ACX
05-24-2004, 12:30 AM
I use 94 and get ass for mileage. Boost rules and it is just the cost of doing business....

:zzz: :bigpimp:

sasukekun
05-24-2004, 01:24 AM
My engine's fairly high compression, NA, and I use 91 octane. If you watch calgarygasprices.com and you write off some of your gas, and you shift at low RPMs (I shift at about 2200), then it should be a little more affordable.

I've been considering running on regular for a while until gas gets back to normal, but I've also been trying to hit the track and the dyno so I haven't made the switch yet.

Kor
05-24-2004, 03:20 AM
Its honestly not that much more for premium gas...