PDA

View Full Version : Finally A New Car!!

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 06:10 PM
i am so freakin happy...
finally at last....my dad is getting a new car...
after like 8 months of discussion...he finally agreed to listen to me and my bro....so freakin happy..
hes getting a silver 2004 BMW 745Li
its been like 3 weeks since we ordered it..they didnt have any silver color in stock..only black... and now finally it will be coming on wednesday or thursday this week....(can hardly wait) and that is 2-3 days before my grad....ima be a pimp over there..no need to rent no limo..lol....i am so happy...
what do you guys think about this car?? i mean we cant change it or anything...but still just wanna see some views of other people..!! all kinds of comments are appreciated....!!
i will post pics as soon as it comes at our door..!!:D

fast95pony
05-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Diesel or gas ?????

Mike09
05-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Diesel or gas ?????
LOL:D :rofl:

illeagle
05-24-2004, 06:54 PM
yah, you should stay away from the driver's seat on this one...

Hakkola
05-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by turbo_equiped
what do you guys think about this car??

Ugly exterior, idrive is terrible, probably the only thing that's good about it is how big it is and the 7-series badging on the trunk.

I'm bias though, I love the last generation 7 series.

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
yah, you should stay away from the driver's seat on this one...
no ima be careful...
as long as i am allowed..its all good..lol

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Diesel or gas ?????

i dont think they have any car which is diesel....lol..
correct me if i am wrong..
by the way this aint diesel

ryder_23
05-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Shoulda went with the 760Li :D

that thing would be :bigpimp:

just take a limo to grad, who wants to drive their dads 7-series of all things to grad....plus that way you cant get shitfaced...
If it was like a ferrari, and somehow ur dad let u drive it, then that would be sweet...

Oh, btw, its a bmw, its never on time...better have a backup plan

and what makes u think ur gonna be able to drive it, after what u did to ur dads truck :rolleyes:

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Ugly exterior, idrive is terrible, probably the only thing that's good about it is how big it is and the 7-series badging on the trunk.

I'm bias though, I love the last generation 7 series.

love the exterior....
idrive is technology.....
way better suspension than mercedes...
:D

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Shoulda went with the 760Li :D

that thing would be :bigpimp:

just take a limo to grad, who wants to drive their dads 7-series of all things to grad....plus that way you cant get shitfaced...
If it was like a ferrari, and somehow ur dad let u drive it, then that would be sweet...

Oh, btw, its a bmw, its never on time...better have a backup plan

and what makes u think ur gonna be able to drive it, after what u did to ur dads truck :rolleyes:

lol..
not my dads truck...his friends...
760Li...$160,000....:eek:
limo..is way too common....almost everyone gonna take it on grad...

ryder_23
05-24-2004, 07:04 PM
and what would make u superior in a 745?? its a sedan...plus the limo during grad is half the fun...its a taxi service so u can get drunk...

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:09 PM
and what would make u superior in a 745?? its a sedan...plus the limo during grad is half the fun...its a taxi service so u can get drunk...

damn...you got a point!!

That.Guy.S30
05-24-2004, 07:17 PM
grad is over rated. just take a freakin cab get hammered. lol limo's, bmw's to grad?lol

ryder_23
05-24-2004, 07:21 PM
^
:rofl:

i bet it would end up costing way more to get a cab to taxi u around...i mean i paid 75$ for my grad in excursion limo i think it was...and we got driven around for 3 hours

JordanLotoski
05-24-2004, 07:23 PM
wow man love the new 7..but poor reliability actualy worst in its class...none the less amazing car

but who cares if breaks down every now and then look at this thing sexxxxxxxxy
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/562000-562999/562517_2_full.jpg

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:37 PM
^^i know i just love the looks...
saw it at the bimmer showroom went crazy..
just waiting till thursday now!!:D

That.Guy.S30
05-24-2004, 07:41 PM
^

i bet it would end up costing way more to get a cab to taxi u around...i mean i paid 75$ for my grad in excursion limo i think it was...and we got driven around for 3 hours

hmm.. i think it might depend who he shares limo/taxi costs with?
last time i heard it is a g note for a limo.

ryder_23
05-24-2004, 07:42 PM
^
Well i heard prices this year were around 100$ each for 10 people, so maybe prices went up, or we got a deal cause we bookd it really early :dunno:

Moonracer
05-24-2004, 07:52 PM
^

How many other people did you split the bill with cause those things go for way more than 75 bucks for 3 hours. More like $200/hr. but for a grad you can get a bit of a deal but not that good.

/////AMG
05-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by turbo_equiped

love the exterior....
idrive is technology.....
way better suspension than mercedes...
:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hjr
05-24-2004, 11:03 PM
worst 7 series of all time in regards to reliability. good luck with that though. build a good relationship with the service dept. of the dealer now so they dont try and fuck fuck fuck you up. (sorry if you didnt know this, but in that case you really should have done more research)

C4S
05-25-2004, 12:31 AM
:bigpimp: !

nice !

If you like Aggressive look, and good handling HUGE sedan, 745Li is the way to go ! and from 2003 and on, they are very realiable, (2002 and early 2003 got software problem)

However, for people like just comfort ride,soft suspension,don't care handling, and want "tradional" look, get a S500L. ( still tons of problems from the first 2 yr production ! )

For older people, want a good luxury car, and less problems... get the LS430.

For people don't know how to drive a RWD in winter ... get the A8L. :rofl:

Anyway, it is a nice car, how can a $130,000 car not nice ?

However, turbo_equiped, I am sure lots of people will pick on you ! ( or just jealous ? ) :dunno:

Zephyr
05-25-2004, 12:35 AM
id be paranoid to drive an expensive new car to grad...i got grad this year and im just driving my daily driver the 5 series... new enough for me and big enough to fit 4

hjr
05-25-2004, 12:43 AM
motor trend just talked about the lexus being a pimp and that a 8 year old gs 400 is better than a brand new 745i. (i think it was motor trend).

but dont get me wrong, i AM jealous. Its a very hot car. I like them muchly (hated them when they first came out)

Dj_Stylz
05-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Good Choice:thumbsup:

dkny_stylez
05-25-2004, 10:14 AM
good car, but there is better out there for the money you payed

brandon
05-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
good car, but there is better out there for the money you payed

Yeah well there's proboly lots of other cars other there that are better for the money in your opinon. Its this kid's dads car! those cars are nice but they are ment for the middle aged to old guy with lots of money. They are not to compete with ferrari's or something. His dad just wants class and luxury. My dad owns a 760li and he has no problems what so ever with it.

3G
05-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Phat car, dont fill it up with Diesel tho:thumbsup:

NotbadSTi
05-25-2004, 12:19 PM
:thumbsup:

Good for you !

they are nice !

My dad has a 03 745Li, a very nice car, and it is nice to drive ! compare to his 03 S500L, 7 is more sporty, however, both cars have lots of small problems too.

(my folks are in HK, there is nothing special having those cars, I saw more New 7 series then new Accord over there, and those are his car, none of my business anyway ! I just ride on those cars few times a year. :zzz: )

Good for you ! next step is going to get yourself a nice BMW ! :thumbsup: :zzz:

sputnik
05-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Why do people brag about that cars that their parents buy?

"Look at what my dad bought! He works hard for his money! I am such a pimp."

NotbadSTi
05-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Agree ! good point ! :thumbsup: that is why I don't care what my parents drive ! and I won't like the cars they drive anyway ! :bigpimp: ( not yet ! )

I guess some people are just so excited about cars, especially on $120K car ! however in some other countries, having a Benz or a BMW .. is just a common thing.

lam-boy
05-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

im guessing that kid is just trying to show off.

i think its the same kid who says his parents will get him an M3 when he enters high school.

or maybe....its just..the way he...types.!!!!
i just noticed.....that...he..uses alot of...!!!
my dadzor ...isgetting a BMW....!!!!!
its...umm gas i tink...!!

3G
05-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by NotbadSTi
however in some other countries, having a Benz or a BMW .. is just a common thing.

:werd:

Originally posted by lam-boy
im guessing that kid is just trying to show off.

i think its the same kid who says his parents will get him an M3 when he enters high school.

or maybe....its just..the way he...types.!!!!
i just noticed.....that...he..uses alot of...!!!
my dadzor ...isgetting a BMW....!!!!!
its...umm gas i tink...!!

That.Guy.S30
05-25-2004, 01:37 PM
haah maybe they are puttin in some input into how the car is. their dad drvies it so they might have some opinion/experience on the car?

man, you guys think your dads ride is pimp. shit man my dad rides in a 1991 buick regal. lol hahaah rust, hubcaps and all.

lam-boy
05-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
haah maybe they are puttin in some input into how the car is. their dad drvies it so they might have some opinion/experience on the car?

man, you guys think your dads ride is pimp. shit man my dad rides in a 1991 buick regal. lol hahaah rust, hubcaps and all.

haha asian styles. is the car red or blue? :rofl:

my dad used to have an 88 oldmobile haha. but hes drivng a van now. ahh good ol asian style.

SleeperD
05-25-2004, 01:57 PM
to bad it wasnt like a 5 or 6 speed manual....*sighs*.....get one with a flux-capacitor..then hit 80 annnd off u gooo......:confused: ...anways nice ride man....go big or go home....parts are quite a bit to fix it...soo take care of it big time..

That.Guy.S30
05-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

haha asian styles. is the car red or blue? :rofl:

my dad used to have an 88 oldmobile haha. but hes drivng a van now. ahh good ol asian style.

its the white one thats always parked infront of my store. haha i love the asian families with thier beaters.

C4S
05-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Thatis why .. I don't like RED or WHite cars !!

too too " CHINESE " !! :dunno:

wait .. isn't it red and white "Canadian" colour ? :rofl:

GTS Jeff
05-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by hjr
motor trend just talked about the lexus being a pimp and that a 8 year old gs 400 is better than a brand new 745i. (i think it was motor trend).

but dont get me wrong, i AM jealous. Its a very hot car. I like them muchly (hated them when they first came out) man, u read that trash?

pinoyhero
05-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Sweet ride, just as mentioned already damn expesive to fix and insure especailly for you :rofl:

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 05:48 PM
hey thanks guys for all the positive feedback as well as the negative
its really appreciated
my dad is that kinda person he likes the sporty type cars but luxury and all that as well
he looked at Mercedes's as well but didnt like any as much as this one
he says they are for old rich people (and offcourse who would like to call themselves old even if they are 45)
lol well thats just his opinion and his money so he got it but i wanted him to get that too beacause i like this car as well

and no i am not trying to show off or anything i just wanted to see some people's opinion on this
it doesnt mean i am trying to showoff or brag about this there is no point because the car aint mine anyways its his
he worked hard for it made money got it i aint gonna get anything
anyways once again thanks for all the opinion:thumbsup: