PDA

View Full Version : i think i am in trouble!!

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 06:38 PM
fawk...these kinda things always happen to me!!
and i think this time i am really screwed..!!
i took my dads friends truck for a drive..!!
never drove 4X4's before..so just wanted to get a feel of one!!
its a Ford F150 i think..
ok so i am driving down 17th Ave and i take a look at the fuel..and its almost empty...so i think why not go get some gas for it and that way my parents wouldnt mind me taking it either..!!
so i go at about 4 gas stations...none of them have diesel..(luckily i knew it takes diesel)...
and as i get on 17th ave...in front of that apartments things..i see a diesel sign...so i am like might as well get it from there..!!
i go there..and stop in front of one of the pumps...i see a similar truck standing in front of me (it looked the same)...so i wait for him to get done and move...i wait there for about 5 minutes...and once he leaves...i start putting gas in it...i fill the thing up for about $50.00...and i leave from there...2 blocks down the road...on like 19 ave. 41st street...i stop at a 4 way stop...and as i am starting to leave the truck wont pick any race...and i mean it just wouldnt take any race at all...and it kept on getting slower...and slower...not knowing..whats wrong..i park on the side....after like 5 mins of standing there looking around...and my attention goes towards the reciept of the gas...and it says...$50.00...and gas was circled instead of diesel...and i think its just a mistake from the lady working there...so i look around for about 5 minutes..try to start it again...first couple of times it started and then it didnt...i lock the truck get out..call my friend..we drive back to the gas station...and i see over there...the pump where i put my gas from says "UNLEADED" over it..and i almost fucking scream over there...the pump one before it..(where i was actually gonna get my gas from, but waited for the other truck to leave..said DIESEL)...i almost start crying over there...so called my dad and everything..and told him all the stuff....and now i think i am in deep shit!!..cauz i heard some mechanic saying..we gotta drain something all out or something like that!!
i dont know...
what do you guys think?? anyone expert in these kinda things must know what to do...?? and how much repair can i expect for this??? any help would be appreciated..thanks a lot...

Kobe
05-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Ummm my friends had onces put gas in a desiel truck...Payed a couple hundred 2 fix..outcome dosn't look 2 good man

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Ummm my friends had onces put gas in a desiel truck...Payed a couple hundred 2 fix..outcome dosn't look 2 good man

i mean like...
once we fix it...it will be all good though right?

93PGT
05-24-2004, 06:52 PM
If the gas station was full service, and you told them DIESEL...it should be their fault and have to pay for the servicing. Anyways, something to look into.

illeagle
05-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Just drain and refill. It'll run funny for a bit but it'll work... shit like that happens...

Weapon_R
05-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Most trucks have a drain plug on the bottom of the gas tank. Just drain the fuel out, and fill it with diesel. Run it for a few minutes until the rest of the gas gets burned up and it'll be fine. I've heard of people who put diesel in a gas car, and it actually ran :D

cobber112879
05-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
Just drain and refill. It'll run funny for a bit but it'll work... shit like that happens...

Probably not. It doesn't take much gasoline to destroy a deisel injector pump. Deisel fuel has lubricating properties that are absolutly necessary to prevent the pump from seizing. Deisel in a gasoline engine can be forgiving though.

fast95pony
05-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by turbo_equiped

i took my dads friends truck for a drive..!!
never drove 4X4's before..so just wanted to get a feel of one!!
its a Ford F150 i think..

Your Dad owns a truck,but you're not even sure what make it is ??
:dunno:

Do you actually know how to engage the 4x4 system ??

Remember, turbo-equipped cars use propane.Got that ??

fast95pony
05-24-2004, 07:01 PM
once he leaves...i start putting gas in it...i fill the thing up for about $50.00

NOT full service...

:nut:

rice_eater
05-24-2004, 07:03 PM
drain the tank and put in diesel...

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

Your Dad owns a truck,but you're not even sure what make it is ??
:dunno:

Do you actually know how to engage the 4x4 system ??

i dont think u noticed...i said dad's friend's truck!!
lol

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:06 PM
yea we got it towed to a mechanic...now i dont know what they gonna do..
i just hope it runs fine in the end..rest will be all good..

fast95pony
05-24-2004, 07:24 PM

i dont think u noticed...i said dad's friend's truck!!
lol

My bad . Sorry !

I can see why your upset . :eek:
If you didn't drive it too far,it should be okay..

Kobe
05-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Ummm well when he got them mixed up, he got it drained, and refilled and it works fine still now.. But he didn't drive anywhere he noticed after he filled it up...

Cyruss12
05-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I worked at a Car Dealership and that happend to us once, it was a Diesel truck and one of the guys filled it with gas, they had to drain the whole thing and take it apart and clean all the left over gas outta it...and it wasnt cheap either.

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Cyruss12
I worked at a Car Dealership and that happend to us once, it was a Diesel truck and one of the guys filled it with gas, they had to drain the whole thing and take it apart and clean all the left over gas outta it...and it wasnt cheap either.

:banghead:

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 07:34 PM

My bad . Sorry !

I can see why your upset . :eek:
If you didn't drive it too far,it should be okay..

damN!!
i was thinking the same thing..
from coral springs NE to 17 ave SE..i think is pretty far!!:banghead:

Kobe
05-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Cyruss12

any chance was is a Ford 350 A red one? hahaha

M_Power
05-24-2004, 08:00 PM
LOL, i cant beleive 10 minutes before this post you were raving how happy you were about ur dads new 7 series, now u come back crying cuz u ruined ur dads truck.. how ironic :rofl: :rofl:

eb0i
05-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by M_Power
LOL, i cant beleive 10 minutes before this post you were raving how happy you were about ur dads new 7 series, now u come back crying cuz u ruined ur dads truck.. how ironic :rofl: :rofl:

isn't it his friend's dad's truck....

M_Power
05-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

isn't it his friend's dad's truck....
same thing

autobodygal
05-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Don't know how far you drove, not from Calgary. A friend did this to his truck and he was lucky, the drained it, flushed the system and he is still driving it several months later. But he barely drove it before it starting acting up. He is a lot more careful about which fuel to use.

Big_C_racing
05-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Dont know about truck but my mom did this to my deisel mercedes. She realized it before driving and after being drained still cost us about$300. Was a full service but since she didn't specify and drove up to a gas pump they made us pay. Retards didnt even see the words DEISEL on the gas cap. Supposedly it would have cost about a grand if she had droven around with gas in it. Not a good thing to do.

turbo_equiped
05-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Big_C_racing
Dont know about truck but my mom did this to my deisel mercedes. She realized it before driving and after being drained still cost us about$300. Was a full service but since she didn't specify and drove up to a gas pump they made us pay. Retards didnt even see the words DEISEL on the gas cap. Supposedly it would have cost about a grand if she had droven around with gas in it. Not a good thing to do.

fawk!!
this truck went about 2 blocks before it died!!
then it started couple of time once i stoped it..then it didnt!!:banghead:

benyl
05-24-2004, 10:53 PM
is it just me, or does the rant in the first post sound like it was written by a 12 year old?

Normally, the nozzle for diesel and gasoline are different sizes. You should have noticed right away that something wasn't right.

hjr
05-24-2004, 10:59 PM
well, tell us how it goes. hopefully cheap for your sake.

Kobe
05-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Wont be under $300 for sure....

theken
05-24-2004, 11:41 PM

mine will :)

Ben
05-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by benyl
is it just me, or does the rant in the first post sound like it was written by a 12 year old?

Normally, the nozzle for diesel and gasoline are different sizes. You should have noticed right away that something wasn't right.

1) Yes.

2) This is the shitty part. The Diesel pump nozzle is larger than the gas one, so you can put gas in a diesel vehicle but not the other way around. Personally, I cant fathom how one can fuck up and put gas in a diesel vehicle...For one you know you're driving a diesel, 2) the diesel pump is blatantly obvious, 3) diesel smells so much differently than gas, and 4)it generally has in big bold print on the gas door of the truck DIESEL.

based on the pricetags of this repair on various vehicles, I've seen repair bills starting at 400, and going as high as 10k (new motor)

dieselpower91
05-25-2004, 01:32 AM
Some dipshit put gas in my truck at full serve luckily I noticed and didn't start it.
It said "diesel fuel only" right on the gas cap, gas door and the tank opening is different.

Got it towed to the dealer and it was about $250-300 to flush the sytem.. They paid for that and for a full tank of premium in my Nova while I couldn't drive my car!

I think if you drove it they will have to take apart and flush the whole fuel system. It will likely cost close to a grand if you get it done proper otherwise it might cause more damage.

Guessing that you didn't wait for the glowplugs either?
:guns:

GTS Jeff
05-25-2004, 10:05 AM
ahh haha i vote ban

dkny_stylez
05-25-2004, 10:27 AM
ouch, i want to see the outcome of this, keep us up to date:thumbsup:

3G
05-25-2004, 11:01 AM
PWN3D

ZorroAMG
05-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Now that was just plain dumb...

http://gphan.com/pics/albums/omghi2u/unf22_001.jpg

eb0i
05-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
PWN3D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cyruss12
05-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

any chance was is a Ford 350 A red one? hahaha

lol naw, it was an mid 90's black GMC

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 05:34 PM
yea it was dumb...and all that shit!!
and its at the mechanic today..they will probably start fixing it today..because there was no mechanic yesterday as it was a long weekend...!!
i will let you guys know what happens...!!

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by benyl

sorry man...
guess not a good writer!!

rhogg
05-25-2004, 05:54 PM
They've been pretty hard on you... stuff happens...especially to teenagers.

If you are under 21 learn from it.

If you are over 21 - pay for it!

Gonthro
05-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by rhogg
They've been pretty hard on you... stuff happens...especially to teenagers.

If you are under 21 learn from it.

If you are over 21 - pay for it!

pay for it anyways!

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

pay for it anyways!

under 21
but i guess i will pay for it
i dont want my parent to pay for my stupidness!!

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 07:58 PM
iight
dads back from the mechanic!!
well it wasnt as much as i thought it would be!!
other people scared me like crazy as well!! keeping that in mind i guess it was ok!!
so the final bill was $450!!
which i dont is that bad!!
they drained everything out and changed couple of things i think the spark plugs or something i am not really sure!!
didnt talk to my dad about it in details!
i offered to pay for it to my dad but he didnt take any money from me!!
i really dont know why!! but he just said its fine!
"learn lessons from your mistakes!!"
and that i will for sure!!:D
so its all good at the end of the day!

ramminghard
05-25-2004, 08:18 PM
diesels dont have spark plugs. Glow plugs maybe

nismodrifter
05-25-2004, 08:22 PM
this thread makes me SICK :barf: :barf: :barf:

Good to hear they changed the sparkplugs on your diesel :thumbsup: should be good for another million miles :rolleyes:
and now
I am
going
to
start posting my
replies like you do HAHHA!!!! lol!!!!!
I dunno if I should but
it seems like the right
thing to do
don't you
think??!!!!!!!!!!

btw: I hope your parents
beat you really bad
with a karshi!! HAHA lol!!!;)

EK 2.0
05-25-2004, 08:24 PM
iight
dads back from the mechanic!!
well it wasnt as much as i thought it would be!!
other people scared me like crazy as well!! keeping that in mind i guess it was ok!!
so the final bill was $450!!
which i dont is that bad!!
they drained everything out and changed couple of things i think the spark plugs or something i am not really sure!!
didnt talk to my dad about it in details!
i offered to pay for it to my dad but he didnt take any money from me!!
i really dont know why!! but he just said its fine!
"learn lessons from your mistakes!!"
and that i will for sure!!:D
so its all good at the end of the day!

Glad to hear it all worked out...

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
this thread makes me SICK :barf: :barf: :barf:

Good to hear they changed the sparkplugs on your diesel :thumbsup: should be good for another million miles :rolleyes:
and now
I am
going
to
start posting my
replies like you do HAHHA!!!! lol!!!!!
I dunno if I should but
it seems like the right
thing to do
don't you
think??!!!!!!!!!!

btw: I hope your parents
beat you really bad
with a karshi!! HAHA lol!!!;)

karshi???
hahaha good one

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Glad to hear it all worked out...

yea man thanks

sasukekun
05-25-2004, 10:46 PM
You have to be at least 16 since you're driving on your own. I can see making the mistake of putting gas in a diesel car, lots of people have done it. But really, there's no way you should've let your dad pay for it. It was your mistake and your responsibility to get it fixed, if you can't handle that then you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by sasukekun
You have to be at least 16 since you're driving on your own. I can see making the mistake of putting gas in a diesel car, lots of people have done it. But really, there's no way you should've let your dad pay for it. It was your mistake and your responsibility to get it fixed, if you can't handle that then you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

yes thats true. i even told him that i will pay. but he said its fine. so i guess i cant force him or anything.

dkny_stylez
05-25-2004, 10:54 PM
^ lucky bastard. The benefits of rich parents, must be nice

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 10:55 PM
^^its not just rich. it also depends how nice your parents are.

GTS Jeff
05-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
^ lucky bastard. The benefits of rich parents, must be nice lol dont hate on him man. the poor guy has obviously learnt his lesson so why burden him with 450$? thats a lot of $$ for a hs kid yet its like chumpchange for his parents.

Billet
05-26-2004, 12:43 AM
i say your lucky as hell it was only 450... cause it could have been new engine... and a diesel being more like 8 grand:thumbsup:

Kona9
05-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by sasukekun
You have to be at least 16 since you're driving on your own. I can see making the mistake of putting gas in a diesel <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>, lots of people have done it. But really, there's no way you should've let your dad pay for it. It was your mistake and your responsibility to get it fixed, if you can't handle that then you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

What part of "I offered him the money, but he said it was fine" don't you understand. The guy is not on here pointing and laughing at something he did purposely with no care. He came on here looking for advice because of a mistake he openly admittingly made.

Don't worry man. We all make mistakes.
Remember. The yellow hose is only where DIESEL flows!!!

turbo_equiped
05-26-2004, 08:38 AM
yes one thing is for sure i wont be making a similar mistake again ever. thanks a lot man.:thumbsup:

Kona9
05-26-2004, 09:07 AM
no prob man!! don't let the peanut gallery get to ya!!!

roopi
05-26-2004, 09:09 AM

karshi???

Big Ass Wooden Spoon

turbo_equiped
05-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Big Ass Wooden Spoon

lol. i know that. i was just wondering how does he know about it.:D

turbo_equiped
05-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
no prob man!! don't let the peanut gallery get to ya!!!

:rofl: