PDA

View Full Version : The Ring (Movie)

Dope Dealer
10-19-2002, 10:34 AM
Hey,

Saw The Ring yesterday at Silver City (Opening day). I've heard lots about the Japanese version (Ringu, or The Ring it's called) and just had to see it.

This movie is pretty scary, not sure what is the scariest movie I've ever seen, but this has to be one of them. I am probably going to go see it again today. Hahah :thumbsup:

If you're looking for a movie to go see this weekend, you HAVE to see this, trust me. You will love it!

bosa
10-19-2002, 11:26 AM
I really want to see it! Looks scary,but scary movies rock:thumbsup:.What's it rated:dunno:?

Pete92SL
10-19-2002, 11:30 AM
I saw it about a month ago and it scared me pretty good. I still remember it from a month ago, that should tell you something! lol

Pete

Strider
10-19-2002, 11:34 AM
I saw the Japanese version a while ago, it was pretty creepy, even though i didn't really understand it... The remake looks quite different from the original

Ben
10-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by civicLVR
I really want to see it! Looks scary,but scary movies rock:thumbsup:.What's it rated:dunno:?

Too Soon Jr.

Plot Summary
A female journalist (Watts) discovers a disturbing videotape with a bizarre history... everyone who's seen its contents has died within seven days. Is she next? A remake of one of Japan's highest-grossing box-office hits ever. Rated 14A

turboMiata
10-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by civicLVR

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheRing-1116705/

boi-alien
10-19-2002, 11:52 AM
i saw the japanese version.... i thought the movie sucked... i fell asleep... but i dunno i guess that's just me, i never find scary movies scary

szw
10-19-2002, 11:54 AM
I saw the preview and it reminded of that other preview "fear.com" where you look at a website and you die? haha

Anyways I thought the trailor made the movie look really lame, but since it was such a popular japanese movie, I think it would be good. haha I'll go check it out when it goes to cheap movies!

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2002, 12:58 PM
you can see the damn microphones that they use during filming..look for them when you go see it...makes the movie seem soooooooooooo low budget

Dope Dealer
10-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
you can see the damn microphones that they use during filming..look for them when you go see it...makes the movie seem soooooooooooo low budget

I didn't see any?

One movie I did see though, the film wasnt really centered on the screen and you could see the microphones they used. I bought the DVD later, and no microphones, so it must be the theatre's mistake.

Hipermax_d
10-19-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by crxboi
i saw the japanese version.... i thought the movie sucked... i fell asleep... but i dunno i guess that's just me, i never find scary movies scary

true i saw ring 1 and 2
both were boring. not scary at all.
the story is about like a chain letter. if you dont continue the link you get punished kind of thing.

scary movies here and scary movies in japan are different. japanese movies focuses mostly on encounters with ghosts and japanese people gets freaked from that.
scary movies here focus more on surprises with their gloomy music.
i think movies here are more scary and interesting

lammer
10-19-2002, 02:24 PM
sweet!!! i wanan go watch it soon hopfully next week. well thanks for all the heads up on it so far. hrmmm maybe i should invite some girls hhaha.

turboMiata
10-20-2002, 07:05 PM
I just got back from watching it at Chinook. I've gotta admit, the movie was quite freakish. Has anyone seen their official web site?

I think the last time I was freaked out was Blair Witch Project. And that's only because I had to drive 20km home (out of city) through some really dark "wilderness" after the late show.

Dope Dealer
10-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Saw it yesterday for the second time.

Today, I watched Ringu (Japanese version). I can't believe how much better the American remake is compared to the Japanese original. American version has a better storyline (Added a bit more to keep you interested) and a lot more scarier events and graphics.

turboMiata
10-20-2002, 07:34 PM
Is it essentially the same story, you know, with the well, horses, lighthouse?

Dope Dealer
10-20-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
Is it essentially the same story, you know, with the well, horses, lighthouse?

No, there no horses nor lighthouses in the Japanese Original.

lammer
10-20-2002, 08:03 PM
I want to see this so bad...soon im guessing this weekend.

you guys see the "Ghost Ship" movie trailor?

van
10-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Ghost Ship looks kinda good, I saw Lost Voyage which is pretty much Ghost Ship, basically the same story line.

The Ring was good.. until after when I found my car unlocked and my shit gone.. damn it

But yeah it was pretty freaky

Dope Dealer
10-20-2002, 10:37 PM
I want to see 8 Mile. That movie looks pretty good, plus I am a fan of Eminem. :clap:

van
10-20-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey he got good reviews for his acting in 8 Mile. They said he played the role very well and that he exceeded more than what they expected for him as an actor.

i guess its probably cause its kinda bout him the movie I mean.. and his daughter is in it and everyone knows shes his inspiration mostly..

But yeah can't wait!

GingeRRRBeef
10-23-2002, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I saw the Ring yesterday
and yeah that movie's quite freaky.

I think I'm scared of the TV:eek:

PunkA$$
10-23-2002, 07:01 PM
how is naomi watts?

i loved her in mulholland dr.

LaughingTiger
10-24-2002, 01:11 AM
Everyone said it's soooo scary, my gf won't even see it....
so I saw it by my self tonight...(I know I'm a loser for seeing a movie alone) but I don't care, I had to see it...

Good story line, not bad acting.......Not very scary......

Things don't scare people that much anymore, too many special effects.... I think scary movies are good when you don't know so much, and have a believable history behind them... I haven't been scared from a movie since I was little......:dunno:

I was disipointed I didn't go home after looking over my shoulder, sometimes I like to be scared.....:dunno: