PDA

View Full Version : Installing horn?

ExtremeSi
10-19-2002, 12:43 PM
I was wondering if it's hard at all to instal a horn? My stock horn (88 Prelude) is horrible... it just lets out a little hitgh-pitched beep-beep(which most hondas do). The other day some old guy started backing up right towards me and I was wailing on my horn, and he didn't even respond. I had to shift into reverse and back up about 10feet before he started going forward again....grrrrrrr old people.........but anyway, I was wondering if it would be fairly easy to pick up a horn from a bigger vehicle at pick-your-part and instal it.
Also, does anyone know how I can find my horn? I haven't looked yet, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

Thanks,
Andrew

szw
10-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Yes you can go junkyards and take one off. Very easy, only 2 wires just replace them.

Volkswagons usually have pretty loud horns.

Or you can just go to canadian tire and buy some loud horns, or order some hella supertones off the internet. loud mothas...

ExtremeSi
10-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks, but I went to go look for my horn while somebody honked it today and it seems like its under my driver's-side headlight somewhere(?) That sucks...I don't know how to get to it. I have a Haynes manual, but it doesn't mention it in there. Does anyone know?

szw
10-19-2002, 11:00 PM
weird...look under the car, maybe you can see it from there.

Usually they are mounted where there is just air or a grille...nothing else blocking it. Maybe that's why it sounds so weak?

Google it...bound to come up with something!

Redlyne_mr2
10-20-2002, 12:41 AM
all I have to say is lacucaracha:bigpimp:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
10-20-2002, 01:27 AM
buy some air horns form canadian tire ...:bigpimp:

infamous
10-20-2002, 04:12 AM
air horns from canadian tire are soo friggin' loud...my friend installed one on his 92 mustang and it scares the hell out of people...just a couple of things to watch out for if you do decide to go that way...first, don't even bother trying to take your old horn out...it is just a waste of time, and if you engine bay is kinda small it is a big pain in the ass...second, make sure you do it during the day, even at night with a couple of spot light things it was such a bitch because it was dark in different spots. third, try to do it somewhere warm..it took us 2 hours and it was freezing out...but the results of having an air horn are hilarious...we tried it on my little bro and it scared the shit out of him...was great :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

P. Daddy Pedro
11-13-2002, 06:08 PM
2 hours! who would of thought changing the horn would be so hard!? LOL:rofl: