PDA

View Full Version : Online Strength Competition

RAGINGHULK
05-25-2004, 07:46 AM
I think this will just provide everyone with some added fun in to their training and to gauge how everyone's training is coming along.
I think we should make up about five events that we can all do either in a gym or at home.
I was thinking something that would test all aspects of the body and the person with the highest total will win a cool prize, possibly a sweet shirt that I can design or whatever.
What do you guys think?
I'd like some suggestions about different events but here's my five:
Bench Press OR Military Press (for max weight)
Chin Ups (underhand grip so everyone can do this exercise, for max reps)
Max curl (most weight, 1 curl + yes you can cheat but lets keep that to a minimum)
3 rep squat (one rep might be too much for those who don't squat in a cage or without a spotter, I figured three would be safer)
Chin Up bar Hang (thus far I've covered the shoulders, chest, back and total body now we need to test the grip). Hang from a chin up bar (with a double overhand grip) for the longest time possible.

These are my pics, anyone else wanna put some in? I think this'll be fun.

RAGINGHULK

Roaring G60
05-25-2004, 01:18 PM
how about max time for Standing iron cross with 15 lbs. dumbells, once arms drop below 90 degress time stops!

Cixz
05-25-2004, 06:49 PM
hows this gonna work pps could easily cheat and also is there a weight class or anything cause u could have a monster thats like 300 pounds and can do twice as much as a person who is about 140 pounds so let me know how its gonna work thanks

davidI
06-16-2004, 02:55 PM
A better competition would be pics with a newspaper and we update in 3 months to see who made the best gains.

Unfortunately I know I will be working 70+ hour weeks for the next couple months so I will lose. I'd be happy to judge the rest of you and toss in my pics for fun though.

Si_FlyGuy
06-16-2004, 03:08 PM
what about agility, endurance, and body fat%?

davidI
06-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
what about agility, endurance, and body fat%?

I was agile and had good cardiovascular endurance before I started working out just because I was athletic and active. Body fat % can be estimated from pictures. :)