PDA

View Full Version : is this a good setup?

cujo_cjc
05-25-2004, 05:06 PM
hi i have a 97 gsr and was wondering what you guys think on my proposed i/h/e combo

-injen cold air intake
-mugen sports exhaust
-spoon sports header

do you guys think it's worth it to be spending the extra $$$$ on the mugen and spoon parts?
or are there other suggestions u guys have for exhausts and headers for my gsr

for exhausts and headers i'd like them to sound pretty much stock and not really loud like other ones out there ;)

Seanith
05-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Money talks. I'm sure that would be an awesome setup! :thumbsup:

turbo_equiped
05-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
Money talks. I'm sure that would be an awesome setup! :thumbsup:

:werd:
what he said!!
you should be rolling nice on that setup:thumbsup:

1-Bar
05-25-2004, 06:50 PM
yes...good setup!!

hyperwhite
05-27-2004, 10:22 AM
sounds good to me. i've never seen any dyno numbers on the spoon header but i assume its probably good. and the mugen exhuast will be nice and subtle. plus you'll get more cred for having the real parts instead of APC or other generic shit.

africano
05-31-2004, 10:10 PM
:bigpimp: , that's crazy. What do you do for a living?

Weapon_R
05-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Don't you realize that you could probably supercharge your car very reliably for that much and have a WAY faster vehicle?

I've learned the hard way - there is nothing dumber than slapping a header and intake on a 4 cylinder Honda...

bighead2267
06-01-2004, 12:48 AM
for the spoon header. i'll consider Vision T1R since Spoon is make by the same manufacture..........(correct me if i'm wrong)

89coupe
06-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Or better yet, putting together a homemade turbo kit for even less and be even faster!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Don't you realize that you could probably supercharge your car very reliably for that much and have a WAY faster vehicle?

I've learned the hard way - there is nothing dumber than slapping a header and intake on a 4 cylinder Honda...

djfob
06-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Or better yet, putting together a homemade turbo kit for even less and be even faster!:thumbsup:

I second this and you also learn so much while doing it. For the price and gains from a I/H/E I just don't think it's worth it.;)

hjr
06-01-2004, 10:55 AM
the gains from i/h/e are basically but dyno results. the car sounds faster and the engine should be more responsive, but for the dollars put up, there are far better routes to move up the HP ladder.

Seanith
06-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Even if your going to turbo it, you would want to get an aftermarket exhaust.

SleeperD
06-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by djfob

I second this and you also learn so much while doing it. For the price and gains from a I/H/E I just don't think it's worth it.;)

learning is always good....i say just keep your eyes open...dont jump intoanything, u mite find that ther eis omething better that u would rather have spent the money on...look at all the options..and then post pics when ua re done

kolumbo69
06-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Dont waste your money on a spoon sports header if you search there alot better that will make more power, the best being a bisimoto header from aero speed. other wise a custom from header tech. Exhaust wise i think i would go with a apexi n1 or a skunk 2 tuner exhaust. OTherwise if u want some more power you could buy some pr3 b16 pistons and bump up your compression. But if your future plans are a turbo setup only a exhaust really applys

cujo_cjc
06-01-2004, 08:24 PM
ya i'm not too sure about my set up now anyways

i'll prolly sell my car in a couple of years so i don't want to dump lots of money into it

this is all i'm thinking for my car now

-injen intake
-mugen exhuast
-spoon carbon lip
-xenon depot 4300k hid kit

totals to around 3gs so..:dunno:

Mike09
06-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
ya i'm not too sure about my set up now anyways

i'll prolly sell my car in a couple of years so i don't want to dump lots of money into it

this is all i'm thinking for my car now

-injen intake
-mugen exhuast
-spoon carbon lip
-xenon depot 4300k hid kit

totals to around 3gs so..:dunno:

3 F***ing G's. :eek:
Go with a custom turbo setup and spend A similar amount of money. Shit

cujo_cjc
06-01-2004, 11:04 PM
^^
yea but like about $1100 of it is for my only 2 exterior components since my car is completely stock right now :nut:

so its really only about 2g that i want put into the performence part

GoChris
06-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Mike09

3 F***ing G's. :eek:
Go with a custom turbo setup and spend A similar amount of money. Shit

^^
yea but like about $1100 of it is for my only 2 exterior components since my car is completely stock right now :nut:

Id have to agree with Mike on that one. you arent going to get much of a performance boost with just intake and exhaust. that money would be better spent on a turbo setup if u want some more oummmphh

89coupe
06-02-2004, 10:34 AM
My buddy did his custom turbo setup on his 00 SIR for $2500.00 That included the turbo. Not a used one either. A brand new EVO biggest.

Other then an exhaust and his turbo kit his car is totally stock. He is trapping 98mph in the 1/4 now.

^^

heavyD
06-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I second that!:thumbsup:

cujo_cjc
06-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
My buddy did his custom turbo setup on his 00 SIR for $2500.00 That included the turbo. Not a used one either. A brand new EVO biggest.

Other then an exhaust and his turbo kit his car is totally stock. He is trapping 98mph in the 1/4 now.

i'd like to turbo my car and stuff..but i kno if i start it'll never stop and i'll keep dumping money into the teg :(

Mike09
06-02-2004, 10:22 PM
And you think you'll be satisfied with Minor bolt-on's, It'll just feed the fire. Might as well start off big!