PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Wiring harness??

VanDriver
05-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey everyone, I purchased a panasonic deck on eBay and when it arrived today I took a look the the harness going into the deck.

Wires:
14 in total

Rear Speaker wires:
- purple
- purple with black stripe
- green
- green with black stripe

Front Speaker wires:
- white
- white with black stripe
- grey
- grey with black stripe

AMP-CONT:
- blue

ANT-CONT:
- blue with white stripe

Loose wires I see:
- black
- yellow
- red
- brown with white stripe

So my question is, I'm completly new to all of this so am I missing any wires to install this deck into my car? I thought 16 pin harness should contain 16 wires? Any info would greatly help.

jza71
05-25-2004, 09:14 PM
youre not missing any wires, thats all of them. some decks use more or less wires depending on model. but to save on cost, they all use the same connector.

VanDriver
05-26-2004, 04:18 PM
thanks jza71,

so i listed all the wires and some of them have labels on the wires. What about the ones with no labels.
I have a yellow and black wire and there thicker then the rest, what are these wires?

I also have a red wire that's not labelled, any1 know what that is.

Also a brown wire with white stripe that has a plastic sealed cap over it??

Any ideas. Thanks

Gonthro
05-26-2004, 04:20 PM
the red wire is constant power, the yellow wire is accessory power and the black wire is ground... and my guess it the brow one is the power antenna wire

Speed_Dreams
05-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
the red wire is constant power, the yellow wire is accessory power and the black wire is ground... and my guess it the brow one is the power antenna wire

thats how it was on my panasonic deck till it got jacked last week

Gonthro
05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

thats how it was on my panasonic deck till it got jacked last week

thats how it is on all decks

jza71
05-26-2004, 07:08 PM
actually, yellow is constant power, red is switched power and black is ground. you wont use the brown wire for anything.

VanDriver
05-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Alright thanks for everyones help. I just got myself a wiring harness for my car and have connected all the proper wires to the other. Now have have the ground wire sticking out from the panasonic harness and the harness for my car dosent have a black wire, what should i do? also i have positive dimmer, illumination, and mute left over from the car harness is there normal?

Thanks iam installing it rite now

Gonthro
05-28-2004, 07:23 PM
the illumination you can wire in to your switched power, the dimmer is ok unhooked and the mute, i have never heard of before so it is ok unhooked :P but there should be a ground wire on your car harness for it... if not you can ground that off by just using a self tapping screw into any metal part of your car.

VanDriver
05-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Alright thanks Gonthro,

now iam right about to connect everything into the car, since its my first time should i disconnect the battery or the neg terminal or the positive terminals?

thanks everyone

VanDriver
05-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Alriight I have installed my deck and everything and it powers on and the radio works and all the speakers are working fine but i have a problem. when i pop in a cd its starts making really loud sounds like a cassett player eating up a cassett tape. so iam guessing somethings wrong with the cd player or is my wiring wrong??

Thanks any imput would help