PDA

View Full Version : underlights illegal??? any one know?

JKC
05-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I live in Vancouver BC and I recently purchased a street glow underlight kit for my car, they are not installed yet but i plan to get it done soon. I know that underlights are suposed to be illegal to drive with here but what can they do give me a ticket? i've been hearing everything from impound my car too tell me to turn them off, i'd like to know what kind of risks im taking with driving around with these things on.

GT2NV
05-25-2004, 10:10 PM
i know blue is illegal, not to sure about the other colors

Gonthro
05-25-2004, 10:13 PM
this has been discussed a million times, it is illegal to have them on while driving but not illegal to have them on while parked (in a parking lot or whatever, not parked on the street.)

Superesc
05-25-2004, 10:16 PM
... and I guess it depends on whether the cops is in a good mood or bad.... you can can a ticket or get it towed. My advice is you don't install them...

jdmakkord
If they aren't, they sure as hell should be!!!!! All I picture when people talk about underglow, is cheeseball irocs with blue tubes lighting up the sky. Wow how 90's.:rolleyes:

93PGT
Both my buddies have green underglows, and they shut them off whenever a cop is around. But the cops in Okotoks don't really care too much about that stuff, same with tint.

dkny_stylez
05-25-2004, 10:45 PM
this is what i heard, it is illegal if you can see the actual bars, but if they are hidden and you can just see the glow beneath the car it should be ok

7thgenvic
05-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
If they aren't, they sure as hell should be!!!!! All I picture when people talk about underglow, is cheeseball irocs with blue tubes lighting up the sky. Wow how 90's.:rolleyes:

hahahah word!!!! i've seen so many irocs with just two or three tubes hanging down! i love it!!!!!!! TWO FAST TWO FURIOUS

Kor
05-26-2004, 02:22 AM
If you drive with them on at night, they will bust you eventually.... if you have red or blue then you will attract the most negative attention. I would guess that white/yellow are the least likely to get you a ticket.

boostless
05-26-2004, 06:18 PM
if u hav them on, at night, while driving, then yea, coz its " a distraction to other motorists" which can cause accidents, but as long as no cops are there, or if ur in a parking lot, go for it,
IMHO theyre jus gay...y would u want to do that, meh, to each his own tho...and careful about installing them through winter, if u leave them, in the cold cold weather for a long time w/out starting ur car, and then one day go and do it, they might pop from the sudden added heat, glass'll expand, or something like that, happened to a guy down my block...:thumbsup:

theken
05-26-2004, 07:00 PM
all colors are illegal, you are allowed amber and white in the front of a vehicle, red and white at the back and amber on the sides, any other color is illegal to have, thats why blue lights are illegal, or non yellow turn signalssame reason every car has the same color taillights

hjr
05-26-2004, 07:45 PM
1: illegal - Basically ANYTHING not stock is illegal. Cops dont care about much of it, but take that as a guideline
2: not cool - they really arnt. they can break and leave a bunch of crap on the road. Most people end up taking them off cause they realize they are not cool.

88CRX
05-26-2004, 08:08 PM
who cares if there illegal or not..... dont do it they're ghey!!!!!1

SleeperD
05-26-2004, 08:13 PM
I had green, and i took them off becuase they werent my style...but i got in trouble once with them...and got ordered to take them off...this was in bc..in nakusp..1 int he morning me and the cop that was it...the only two cars in town...8sighs*...and i went and had to get some one to see that i had taken them off...all i had to do was unplug them..that was it.....