PDA

View Full Version : Bronconnier owned SanJose Mayor

Ben
05-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Those who knew it, Bronconnier bet San Jose mayor that we would beat them in the Playoff series, and this was the result, hahahaha

http://www.sjmayor.org/event_library/new_website/MAY04/calgarythumb.html

GSR Zero
05-26-2004, 04:10 PM
:thumbsup:

Sweet. Now the Bronco man is stirring things up with Tampa's mayor. Something about sending beer and calgary chocolates if we lose. Not sure what we get when we win.

xkon
05-26-2004, 04:11 PM
ha ha ha

looks like he took it well though!!!

djfob
05-26-2004, 04:11 PM
ahahaha thats sweet......at least he's not a sure loser and smiling in all the pics.:poosie:

izzoblitzo
05-26-2004, 04:14 PM
When does Vancouver get to honor their end of the bargain?
(i think Vancouver's mayor has to come here and help pave a road in town that is under construction)

what does Detroit's mayor have to do?

do tell!

SinisterProbeGt
05-26-2004, 04:29 PM
http://www.sjmayor.org/event_library/new_website/MAY04/IMAGES/calgary3.jpg
you know the girl in the centre wants bronco's hog

izzoblitzo
05-26-2004, 04:36 PM
"Calgary Mayor Dave Bronconnier and Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio have made an appetizing Stanley Cup wager. If the Calgary Flames win, Iorio will send a crate of Florida oranges, a platter of guava pastries and a box of Ybor City cigars to Bronconnier's office. If the Tampa Bay Lightning are successful, Bronconnier will pony up Spolumbo sausages, Bernard Callebaut chocolates and Big Rock beer."

I got that off a canadian news site.

izzoblitzo
05-26-2004, 04:39 PM
"Calgary, April 6, 2004 - The bet is on! Mayor Dave
Bronconnier and Mayor Larry Campbell this morning confirmed
the details of a friendly wager on the eve of the Flames and
Canucks showdown in the first round of the Stanley Cup
Playoffs.

The road to the Stanley Cup will be paved in Calgary or
Vancouver…literally. Under the terms of the wager, the Mayor
of the losing city will travel to the other city (prior to
the second round of the playoffs if possible) to pay respect
to the winning team. The visiting Mayor will wear the
winning team’s jersey, and operate a team-decorated
steamroller on a city street paving crew.

Commenting on the bet, Mayor Dave Bronconnier noted, "We have
a lot of infrastructure projects in Calgary this year. So
much, that we need to import some free labor from Vancouver.
I'm looking forward to Mayor Campbell helping us out with an
important road project over by the Saddledome."

izzoblitzo
05-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I think Bronconnier got snubbed by Detroit's mayor.. I heard on the radio when we were playing Detroit.. something like he never got his phone calls returned from the Detroit office or something like that.

benyl
05-26-2004, 04:44 PM
wonder if he will smoke those cigars indoors...

Seanith
05-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Haha San Jose's mayor's office got owned pretty bad! At least they are good sports about it and seem genuinely happy lol :thumbsup:

hustler
05-26-2004, 05:05 PM
i heard the road is being paved in the summer...to bad its not during the run....

the san jose mayor looks good in red...haha

CKY
05-26-2004, 06:44 PM
i bet the tampa mayor proberly looks good in red too :D

sexualbanana
05-27-2004, 02:23 AM
I think I read in the paper today that Vancouver's mayor is paving a road this week.

SI-vic
05-27-2004, 02:34 AM
http://www.sjmayor.org/event_library/new_website/MAY04/IMAGES/calgary3.jpg

DAMN thats a shiny desk!

Dj_Stylz
05-27-2004, 06:18 AM
lol

MerfBall
05-27-2004, 07:38 AM
And here's the letter...

/////AMG
05-27-2004, 08:11 AM
:rofl: awesome! That guy is a greta sport!

syeve
05-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Now thats good sportsmansship...Good for him.

Lennon
05-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Has anyone heard the results of when Arnie held a bet with our premiere?

Akagi Redsuns
05-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
Has anyone heard the results of when Arnie held a bet with our premiere?

Didn't that turn out to be a joke made with a prank call by a radio station there?

Lennon
05-27-2004, 10:18 AM
I dunno? :dunno:

Melinda
05-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Arnie refused to make a bet with Ralphie, no one really knows why cause he wouldn't say :dunno:

Akagi Redsuns
05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
I dunno? :dunno:

I found it..... http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/News/2004/05/12/456001.html

Boosted_TL
05-27-2004, 10:42 AM
That's Impressive for an arrogant Yank.... Good for them

Ajay
05-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Wow....big up for the San Jose mayor! That letter definetly shows that he's a really good sport about the whole wager thing!

I heard the Detroit mayor didn't want to have any type of bet going whatsoever with Calgary during the playoff series they played.

SI-vic
05-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Didn't that turn out to be a joke made with a prank call by a radio station there?

Yeah that turned out to be a prank done by a local radio station in Edmonton.
hahahaha wish I would've heard it.

hockeybronx
06-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Bronconnier owned their mayor?

How bout the Flames owned the Sharks?

Weapon_R
06-03-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
How bout the Flames owned the Sharks?

It's not like that matters to you, you look for any reason to cheer on the opponent :rolleyes:

403Gemini
06-03-2004, 11:10 AM
CAN THE REAL SLIM SHADY PLEASE STAND UP?! i think we're going to have a problem here!

you act like you've never seen a white person before!

hahaha
*puts on hockeybronx mask*
"GUAHAAH GO TAMPA GGUUAAAH"

man its good shit all around but if ya dont like the flames just sit there peacefully and shut the fawk up

hockeybronx
06-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
man its good shit all around but if ya dont like the flames just sit there peacefully and shut the fawk up

I would if you would do the same while you are cheering the Flames, the easy way out for you is to tell me to be silent, because you can't defend yourself any other way.

403Gemini
06-03-2004, 02:34 PM

I would if you would do the same while you are cheering the Flames, the easy way out for you is to tell me to be silent, because you can't defend yourself any other way.

wtf are you talkin about? yea im happy for the flames in the play offs, but i aint gettin my ass shit faced when they win a game.

you go off flaming peeps who like the flames cause, well you probably dont have anything else better to do. everybody thinks your a joke, but hey if you dont wanna pay any attention to that, keep cheering for tampa bay :rolleyes:

why do you like tampa bay? what part of their team do you like? im pretty curious? where is your fan base stemmed from? did you live there? are you from the states? wtf is wrong with people to have pride about a team represetting canada in one of the biggest annual tournaments in north america?

oh well

hockeybronx
06-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
why do you like tampa bay? what part of their team do you like? im pretty curious? where is your fan base stemmed from? did you live there? are you from the states? wtf is wrong with people to have pride about a team represetting canada in one of the biggest annual tournaments in north america

I never once said I liked Tampa Bay. They are a good team and I really like the way Lecavelier plays, but that's it.

Toronto is my team and unlike pretty much everybody else I stick by my team.

I don't like the Flames because I don't like a lot of their players including Regehr, Gauthier, Leopold, Iginla, Nilson, Nieminen, Saprikyn, and Kobasew.

lam-boy
06-04-2004, 08:57 PM

I never once said I liked Tampa Bay. They are a good team and I really like the way Lecavelier plays, but that's it.

Toronto is my team and unlike pretty much everybody else I stick by my team.

I don't like the Flames because I don't like a lot of their players including Regehr, Gauthier, Leopold, Iginla, Nilson, Nieminen, Saprikyn, and Kobasew.

you should like umm..leave beyond cause people don't seem to like you either.

will the real slim shady please stand up please stand up.