PDA

View Full Version : biker with no balance escapes creamery.

method
05-26-2004, 06:29 PM
coming home from work today, traffic is moving slowly on glenmore right before 37th street.

some guy on a new dl650 vstrom whom I had seen earlier in traffic near the macleod overpass having trouble keeping the bike in a straight line at low speed. he was right in front of me behind a semi with no trailer, when traffic stopped again. he veered to the right side of the right hand lane we were in, touching the dotted line of a turnoff lane. someone in a black neon was turning off, and must have been going 50km/h by then when the guy on the bike just kept rolling forward. he missed getting T'd by all of an inch.

lesson is: slow speed maneuvers ARE important. you're lucky dude. I thought you were gonna get cranked.

ryder_23
05-26-2004, 06:38 PM
maybe he was drunk :dunno:

either way, not good to be on a bike, and not know low speed manovers...new people, goto a open lot and practice till u get it to a T.

hjr
05-26-2004, 07:47 PM
slow speed manuvers is where you can really tell the newbs. Folks like that probably shouldnt be on the road until a proper safty riding course is under their belts 9or 2 or 5 or however many it takes)

dkny_stylez
05-26-2004, 09:17 PM
that is one of the many reasons I'd never get a bike.......Too many near death experiences:nut:

Kobe
05-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Soo proud, i can drive a bike going like 5km/h in a straight line, and i can do circles and everything.. :)

Ya straight line going slow, probobly the hardest thing about biking...

hockeybronx
05-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I never really thought that going slow was so hard, definetely a good thing this guy got away alright though.

I would love to have a bike, but I'd probably kill myself so maybe I'll save that for a while.

BumpinTalon
05-27-2004, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't be so worried about killing myself but rather somebody killing me. i saw three people run red lights today. I guess they just couldn't wait to turn left.

Billet
05-28-2004, 01:02 AM
i hope he realized he almost got creamed and that smartened him up enough to go take a course or something... :whipped:

Dogg
05-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Soo proud, i can drive a bike going like 5km/h in a straight line, and i can do circles and everything.. :)

Ya straight line going slow, probobly the hardest thing about biking...
Wow.