PDA

View Full Version : pos pontiac vs vtec rice rocket

Lead Injector
10-20-2002, 12:09 AM
not so much a street encounter, but it did involve myself, a friend and two cars...

And you would not believe how shocking his gear changes are. He has a honda integra about '92 which he paid $6500 NZ for (about 3500 american) vs my '90 Pontiac LeMans GLE (whatever the hell GLE stands for) which I paid 2000 (1000 american) for.

We were cruising around the local village (basically where they put all the dole bludgers, every city over here has one) when we found a street that was not only void of traffic 24/7 and wide enough for two cars, but there was already a t shape in the middle of the road acting as a start line. Unfortunately this "drag strip" is only about 150m long, but you cant win em all. I could actually tell when he was changing gear because he would slow down and his car would shudder. I got up to about 90kmh (big whoop) while he managed a fairly measly 80. we didnt time it because the only clock we had was the 10 year old thing on my dash, but he has just dropped in the popularity ranks quite a bit after I beat him by a good car length.

Oh and there wasn't actually anything wrong with his transmission because I tried it out afterwards. :werd:

GTS Jeff
10-20-2002, 12:46 AM
wow, ive driven standard a few times only and i think i could do better than that.

heh for some reason i can actually shift decently quick for racing, but i cant seem to shift properly at all for daily driving :dunno:

Lead Injector
10-20-2002, 01:15 AM
one good thing about this country is that you can get pretty much any car you want because there are no laws about emissions (although I am tired of pulling up behind mazdas and getting covered in smoke)

Jap cars are pretty cheap here as well. Reason im here is because I like cars and it is damn hard to find a forum where every second post isn't "american cars suck" or "jap cars suck"

infamous
10-20-2002, 04:40 AM
hey just out of curiosity, what is a dole bludger??? i can't think of what it could be....:confused:

three.eighteen.
10-20-2002, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

heh for some reason i can actually shift decently quick for racing, but i cant seem to shift properly at all for daily driving :dunno:

yeah dude, its easier to mash both pedals a little more, but when you get better you'll realize how much movement can be saved racing after learning how to drive slow, but faster is easier to drive haha

SmelltheRubber
10-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Lead Injector
but he has just dropped in the popularity ranks quite a bit after I beat him by a good car length.

HAHAHAHA! :rofl:

LUDELVR
10-20-2002, 12:30 PM
It's all about the power shifting!!!:thumbsup: :burnout:

Lead Injector
10-20-2002, 05:09 PM
the dole is slang for the benefit- you know, poor asses get paid a couple of hundred every week for being unemployed. And the people who work have to pay for it which sucks. I don't think they have it in canada/america though.

Strider
10-20-2002, 09:55 PM
its called employment insurance or welfare here...

GTS Jeff
10-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

yeah dude, its easier to mash both pedals a little more, but when you get better you'll realize how much movement can be saved racing after learning how to drive slow, but faster is easier to drive haha man, powershifting just comes naturally for me!

GT2NV
10-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
man, powershifting just comes naturally for me! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: haha id never power shift with my baby:love: