PDA

View Full Version : Vtec is not working

Dirty_SOHC
10-20-2002, 12:47 AM
I was on the dyno tunning for a full hour today. It seems that my vtec is not working. what happened was my when I hit vtec I stopped making power. Also with the DX cams with the Vtec disabled and check engine light, i made more power then when the vtec hits.

it seems the ECU is sending the signal as per my vtec light. it is switching to the correct fuel maps and ignition. I tested the vtec selonoid and it clicked and worked.
So I dunno whats is the problem is

B18C
10-20-2002, 03:36 AM
Huh? I don't understand. Your base run was with the DX cam and now you have the Si cam in there, right?

How do you know you aren't hitting vtec?

legendboy
10-20-2002, 10:25 AM
Trust me, if u saw the dyno graphs u'd know. Roland made good hp and good torque but the whole curve would dip after the switch over.

B18C
10-20-2002, 10:29 PM
Alright then, the next question is are you running the stock/proper vtec maps? It's kinda far fetched but maybe your fuel and ignition maps are waaaay off I doubt it though :dunno:

2000impreza
10-20-2002, 10:48 PM
oil pressure problems maybe?

Dirty_SOHC
10-20-2002, 11:10 PM
I should rephase this. I made more power on the lower lobe on the cam. It seems that it is not switching over to the high speed lobe on the cam. But the computer thinks that it has so it uses the vtec fuel and ignition maps. So in the end When we disconnected the vtec seloniod and put the engine in limp mode I made the most power on that run.

B18C
10-20-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Captain_Dirty
I should rephase this. I made more power on the lower lobe on the cam. It seems that it is not switching over to the high speed lobe on the cam. But the computer thinks that it has so it uses the vtec fuel and ignition maps. So in the end When we disconnected the vtec seloniod and put the engine in limp mode I made the most power on that run.

That is weird. Sorry can't help man. Keep me updated though.