PDA

View Full Version : more Jay Laub pic's (HIN RX7 935draggers)

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Just some more pic's of Jay Laub's RX-7. A nice car, with a tonne of Hp. Lookin forward to HIN Seattle, his first appearance on the west coast (other than SEMA).

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:33 AM
exterior

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:34 AM

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:35 AM
doors up

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:36 AM
engine, producing lotz'a Hp

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:36 AM
interior shot

EK 2.0
05-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Wow nice FD...there seems to be a lot of aero work on it...wonder just how useful that actually is, when placed on a track...

I like though...

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:37 AM
trunk/stereo

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:38 AM
....shameless plug!!!!!

Akagi Redsuns
05-27-2004, 11:40 AM
I was liking it as I was thinking it was a total track car in the first couple of pictures..........and then the doors and hatch opened and saw all the stereo and that huge nitrous bottle. So I guess this is a show car then?

Too bad, looks like it would have been fun to blast that around a track instead of sitting indoors looking pretty at shows.

Loose
05-27-2004, 11:41 AM
When style supercedes functionality and performance....

Paul
05-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Project Specs
Engine Modifications:

TeamV Autoworks prepped 13B rotary
Pettit 3mm apex seals
GReddy T-78 turbo
GReddy wastegate
GReddy downpipe and midpipe
GReddy Power Extreme Exhaust
GReddy front mount intercooler
GReddy Type-S blow-off valve
Custom polished intercooler piping
GReddy elbow pipe
Twin Cosmo fuel pumps
XS Engineering 850cc primary injectors with 1600cc secondary injectors
MazdaSpeed radiator
GReddy pulley kit
Jacob’s Rotary Pro Pack
2G coils
NX 75-shot spool up kit

Engine Management:

A’PEXi Power FC with Commander
Blitz i-D SBC boost controller

Drivetrain Modifications:

Pettit Racing clutch
Pettit Racing 8.5-pound flywheel
Pettit Racing chromoly axles

Suspension:

HKS Hiper Dampers coilovers
Tri-Point Engineering sway bars
Pettit Racing Launch kit
Pettit Racing suspension bushing kit

Wheels, Tires, Brakes:

Wheels – 19x8.5 RO_JA Formula 7 (F); 19x10 RO_JA Formula 7 (R)
Tires – Yokohama AVS Sport 285/30ZR19 (F); 245/35ZR19 (R)
Brakes – Brembo Gran Turismo 14.5-inch cross drilled slotted rotors with 4-piston calipers

Exterior Modifications:

RE Amemiya JGTC body kit
RE Amemiya carbon fiber rear diffuser
Veilside rear carbon firber spoiler
C-West carbon fiber headlight kit
Scoot carbon fiber hood
JDM taillight conversions
Knightsports JGTC mirrors
Redline scissor door conversion

Interior Modifications:

Sparco Torino seats
Sparco 330mm steering wheel
Sparco 5-point harnesses
Carbon fiber dash kit
Type-R pedal set
Sparco shift knob
Custom chrome interior panels
Auto Meter gauges with A-pillar

Special Thanks:

HCI Magazine
TeamV Autoworks
Pettit Racing
Redline
Meguir’s
BuddyClub2
Rotary Secret 7
Magnaflow
Nitrous Express
Vinyl Mayhem
Sound Advice
Silent Rage
JL Audio

Ferio_vti
05-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Nice.
Question, what's the funky looking hardware behind the rear wheels?? I can't figure out what those are for...

shadowz
05-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Nice.
Question, what's the funky looking hardware behind the rear wheels?? I can't figure out what those are for...

Its a rear diffuser, helps with downforce

Cyruss12
05-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Nice car, but that is one ugly interior

Keebler
05-31-2004, 01:21 PM
i agree... ugly interior...
i'll give credit where credit is due, but it seems like the car has too much going on in the back end IMO

sputnik
05-31-2004, 01:32 PM
meah... the car is obviously a car that was built to say "look how much i spent".

why else would someone put that much money into aero/engine mods... just to fill the trunk with subs?

such a pointless waste of time

BumpinTalon
06-02-2004, 01:53 PM
the whole thing is gross. he just dumped money into that car until he ran out of things to buy, and in the end it's pretty obvious that it had no direction to start with.
the system.... why four subs? you could be just as loud with one larger sub in a smaller box, with less overall weight. blue steering wheel with a orange and gray exterior? by god. nice seats I guess, but why would you put a playstation in a car like that? if he wanted a nice system, then he would have gotten W7s instead of tiny eights. the entire interior is a copout. it's a disgrace to the outside of the car and the motor.
what's with the f&f decals? he missed that movie's bandwagon by a couple years. one wiper conversion? jesus christ. even most race cars have two, since one leaves the entire left side of your windshield soaked and you have no visibility there (not like this car is ever gonna see a street). i have never seen more canards on a car in my life. the RE Anemiya (sp?) RX-7 didn't even have so much aero work done to it, and it actually won some very prestigous performance competitions and it could out-handle everything. so many stickers in pointless places. and vertical doors? oh man.

the only excuse this car has for existing is either it was to show off what one shop can do (I don't see a shop sticker anywhere, but then again there is about 300 other decals on there) to rake it in the business, for one guy to show off how much money he has entering his car into shows that he is guaranteed to win since judging is fixed anyway, or to waste an RX-7 and a rotary. and a RE Anemiya body kit. I think this is the same RX-7 i saw a few months back, with the chrome JL amps and four tiny subs, except it was a dark colour of some kind with chrome decals or something and like five underglow kits. it sucked then - still sucks now.

god I hate this car. not jealousy, either. you might say 'ya right you wouldn't like to drive that.' I sure as hell wouldn't seeing as how it's not streetable. you'd spend all your time scraping, destroying the carbon fiber diffusers and canards, and you would look like an ass for demolishing your car like that. and since you would spend most your time pulling into gas station parking lots because it gets 8 miles to the gallon (woohoo 1600cc injectors), you will scrape all the time, esp. since gas stations are usually the worst parking lots for lowered cars with all the lids that stick up and the big heaves everywhere.

rage2
06-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Show cars like this aren't done to be streetable hehe.

Def_3
06-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
the whole thing is gross. he just dumped money into that car until he ran out of things to buy, and in the end it's pretty obvious that it had no direction to start with.
the system.... why four subs? you could be just as loud with one larger sub in a smaller box, with less overall weight. blue steering wheel with a orange and gray exterior? by god. nice seats I guess, but why would you put a playstation in a car like that? if he wanted a nice system, then he would have gotten W7s instead of tiny eights. the entire interior is a copout. it's a disgrace to the outside of the car and the motor.
what's with the f&f decals? he missed that movie's bandwagon by a couple years. one wiper conversion? jesus christ. even most race cars have two, since one leaves the entire left side of your windshield soaked and you have no visibility there (not like this car is ever gonna see a street). i have never seen more canards on a car in my life. the RE Anemiya (sp?) RX-7 didn't even have so much aero work done to it, and it actually won some very prestigous performance competitions and it could out-handle everything. so many stickers in pointless places. and vertical doors? oh man.

the only excuse this car has for existing is either it was to show off what one shop can do (I don't see a shop sticker anywhere, but then again there is about 300 other decals on there) to rake it in the business, for one guy to show off how much money he has entering his car into shows that he is guaranteed to win since judging is fixed anyway, or to waste an RX-7 and a rotary. and a RE Anemiya body kit. I think this is the same RX-7 i saw a few months back, with the chrome JL amps and four tiny subs, except it was a dark colour of some kind with chrome decals or something and like five underglow kits. it sucked then - still sucks now.

god I hate this car. not jealousy, either. you might say 'ya right you wouldn't like to drive that.' I sure as hell wouldn't seeing as how it's not streetable. you'd spend all your time scraping, destroying the carbon fiber diffusers and canards, and you would look like an ass for demolishing your car like that. and since you would spend most your time pulling into gas station parking lots because it gets 8 miles to the gallon (woohoo 1600cc injectors), you will scrape all the time, esp. since gas stations are usually the worst parking lots for lowered cars with all the lids that stick up and the big heaves everywhere.

:whocares: holy, someones a MAD HATER! I bet your opinion would change if that car could be yours!

cycosis
06-02-2004, 03:59 PM
that car is gorgeous! a little excessive on the decals adn the interior is gross but the body work is simply amazing. props to him.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
06-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh man that thing is nasty. :barf: :barf: I'm sure it would be a show favourite though. Nice car if you look past the nasty excess

BigMass
06-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

:thumbsup: nice rant.

holy, someones a MAD HATER! I bet your opinion would change if that car could be yours!
stop hatin' on the haters :thumbsdow

Basically he took every piece of aftermarket crap for the RX7 and put it on his car with no balance or style or any consideration. There is no thought put into that car except for ordering every high priced RX7 part out there in existance and bolting it on to the car. It's like a Mr. Potato Head car with everything stuck on. It's his car and he can do what he wants with it. He had money to waste and IMO he did a good job of that.

jaylo
06-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Looks very expensive! Although I would have just kept the interior stock and no stickers if I was him.

Sparx
06-02-2004, 10:04 PM
The way I see it, Yall can hate as much as you want to but I'm willin to bet, that car could outrun nearly anything you guys currently have AND so what if the owner blew money, it accomplished it's purpose perfectly, if any of you actually saw it you'd probably soil yourself, I'm not speaking from experience, I don't even got a drivers yet but that's a straight up hot ride, no offense intended. Don't hate because you can't afford, hate if you can afford but could do better, besides, it's all about personal preference

JordanLotoski
06-02-2004, 10:07 PM
the only thing remotly nice on that car are the wheels

Lennon
06-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Sparx
The way I see it, Yall can hate as much as you want to but I'm willin to bet, that car could outrun nearly anything you guys currently have AND so what if the owner blew money, it accomplished it's purpose perfectly, if any of you actually saw it you'd probably soil yourself, I'm not speaking from experience, I don't even got a drivers yet but that's a straight up hot ride, no offense intended. Don't hate because you can't afford, hate if you can afford but could do better, besides, it's all about personal preference

Sorry, don't feel that way at all, its ugly, waay to busy, and I would definatly NOT soil myself if I seen it in person. Gimme a clean ANYTHING over that. Serious. I'll respect the ammount of money he spent, and I do realize its only a show car... but thats where I conflict. I don't believe in a strict show car. If you have a car, you better be driving it, and if you have done that many mods under the hood, you better be out on the track enjoying it.

Thats just me though.......:dunno:

BumpinTalon
06-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Def_3

:whocares: holy, someones a MAD HATER! I bet your opinion would change if that car could be yours!

no I wouldn't
i dedicated an entire page of my rant to how much i would not be caught dead in it. pussy system, big motor, ugly body. I bet if you floored it you would scrape because the thing only has like 1" of clearance as it stands and even just your weight shifting would make it hit the ground.

5.9 R/T
06-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Haha, I remember a day when I was one of but a few people here who would attact a 'show' car with a widebody kit and splitters/defusers. My how things have changed.

Sparx
06-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Aright, I feel you, like I said, I'm only here to learn, my bro feels the same way, he says if the car has to go places on a trailer and be carted off and all that then he'd already have lost complete interest in that car, I don't even have a car, I'm only 15, I guess it's the inexperience that's makin me like it so much, either way I'd still drive it; I mean I'm still hung up on the 88' accord S just cuz it's stick and handles waaay better than moms Lumina LOL:dunno:

JordanLotoski
06-02-2004, 11:30 PM
someone chop that car.....all black no stoopid stickers...no wing no kit...with those rims

Sparx
06-02-2004, 11:35 PM
NOW I KNOW WHAT IT REMINDS ME OF!
It's like a sorta excentric version of an Amemiya Edition! You're right about the colour I guess though, Once you black, ya never go back!:D

P.S
I DEFINATELY shouldn't have put that bit about "outrunning" things seeing as there are some DSM drivers in this thread, All wheel turbo is the sum of all my fears and joys:burnout: :burnout:
:burnout: :burnout: