PDA

View Full Version : Tire Wear

ConVict
10-20-2002, 02:36 AM
I am not to sure what section to put this under but here goes nothing!
If a tire is completly worn on one part ( inside corner about an inch in from the side ) is worn all the way through so there is no grooves what so ever would that make the tire completly usless and unsafe ? and if so, if this wear occured in a very short peroid of time do you think that person should have to buy a new tire ?

Ill just give you the jiffs of it, cause im in a bit of a giffey!
my buddy only had my rims for a really short peroid of time, like 2 months max... one of my tires is COMPLETLY fucked, about 5% tread on the outside, and NO tread what so ever on the inside.. its warped and ready to blow it looks like...
the other tire that was on his front like i stated before only has a small area but is worn completly through, which means HIS allignment was absolutly fucked...
the 2 back tires are still 80% + tread ...
so one question is , is that tire complete garbage ? and second should he be paying for 2 new tires ?
or just 1 new tire, or not at all cause i lent them to him ( obviously not thinking that his allignment would fuck up my tires that much)
or should he pay for every bit of % of tread worn off on all 4 tires ?
need some opinions, thanks guys ?

oh ya, my tread when i lent it to him was around 85% at the front and 95% at the back

speedracer
10-20-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by ConVict

(a)If a tire is completly worn on one part ( inside corner about an inch in from the side ) is worn all the way through so there is no grooves what so ever would that make the tire completly usless and unsafe ?

(b)one of my tires is COMPLETLY fucked, about 5% tread on the outside, and NO tread what so ever on the inside.. its warped and ready to blow it looks like...

(a) Bald tires either way you look at it is dangerous - corded tires:thumbsdow
Usless: Indcates the vehical aligment is incorrect - camber / toe

(b) Not only aligment put it also may point to a damaged strut / shock

jaylo
10-20-2002, 02:56 AM
you might as well buy new tires, those tires you mentioned are no good and it might fail at any time and you don't want that to happen, tell your friend to buy you the new tires or kind of split it w/ him, if he doesn't, tell him that if the tires fail on you, it's his fault, j/j

ask him nicely I'm pretty sure he knows how he messed up your tire

If a tire is completly worn on one part ( inside corner about an inch in from the side ) is worn all the way through so there is no grooves what so ever would that make the tire completly usless and unsafe ?

you can still use the tire but expect to have a wobbly steering due to the fact that the tire was worn unevenly, just don't expect it to run perfect and there is a possibility that it would quit on you

ConVict
10-20-2002, 02:58 AM
Any insight on the whole... Its completly his fault he should with out a dought buy me 2 new tires ? haha:thumbsup:
Cause from both your posts it looks like he fucked up my tires pretty damn good :thumbsdow

infamous
10-20-2002, 04:07 AM
yeah i would say your tires are totally fucked...i would ask him to pay for 2 new tires of the exact same kind, and to get his alignment fixed asap....

Audi Kid
10-20-2002, 11:54 AM
haha polak fucked your tires???? and dude i thought he bought those from u?

Weapon_R
10-20-2002, 09:31 PM
If the steel belts are showing or nearly showing i wouldn't run that tire...its a small price to pay to have good wheels on your vehicle, so either get your friend to pay for some new ones or get some yourselves as tire failure is extremely unsafe.

RiceCake
10-20-2002, 11:51 PM
One of the most vital parts on your car is tires! :eek: you better get them replaced man :werd:

speedracer
10-21-2002, 03:06 AM
I'm surprise I didn't get the same result as Kenny...

Think I'll hydro lock?

RiceCake
10-21-2002, 09:00 AM
Hey Brando, I'm guessing you guys had a good track day on saturday.. :thumbsup: :D

Damn should have went down to catch the action, but I was out of town. :)

infamous
10-21-2002, 09:03 AM
i'd say it's about time for some new tires, eh?

boi-alien
10-21-2002, 09:05 AM
well i wouldn't run on those tires. from the sounds of it the wear is pretty uneven, and if it looks that bad the tire probably wont last much longer. it's very unsafe to run with proper tires. and with respect to getting your friend to pay for your tires, i don't think he's completely responsible for the tire wear, you lent them to him knowing that there was going to be wear issues, it's not like he's not going to drive his car right? and you knew this, i think you should talk to him about it and maybe the 2 of you can split the cost or something. and you never know just be civil about it, and he might even just pay for all of it.