PDA

View Full Version : Interview help

YCB
05-27-2004, 03:51 PM
im goin for my first interview tommorow, and im wondering if anyone has any pointers?? ie) what to wear, initiate hand shakes hahaha

thank

GTS Jeff
05-27-2004, 04:02 PM
-business casual. doesnt have to have buttons, but must have collar.
-be clean
-shake hands after saying hi. just stick your hand out and they will nkow what to do haha. make sure its firm, regardless of age/sex of hte other person
-be confident, dont fidget, maintain good eye contact (but dont be creepy)
-be prepared to tell them about stuff like 1. your background (ie. school and work) 2. a previous success story 3. how u can help the company 4. how the company can help u 5. and basically anything else they ask u is filler to make sure ure normal

also remember that an interview is just as much an opportunity for u as it is for them to find shit out.

GTS Jeff
05-27-2004, 04:03 PM
and dont say words like "poo", "foreskin", or "prolapsed rectum".

YCB
05-27-2004, 04:11 PM
hahahahahha ok man i'll keep that mind..

thanks man..

SI-vic
05-27-2004, 05:41 PM
do your hair nicely
dress shoes
dress nicely
breath mints but make sure nothing is in your mouth DURING the interview... only freshen your mouth before the interview

smell nice but do not overload the cologne
"yes sir/mam", proper english (no yup, nah, stuff like that), be polite
laugh and always have a smile, always

and
everything jeff said

YCB
05-27-2004, 06:29 PM
ok cool.. not really that nervous.. im just scared if i go in for a handshake i'll touch her boob or something haahh

GTS Jeff
05-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by YCB
ok cool.. not really that nervous.. im just scared if i go in for a handshake i'll touch her boob or something haahh :rofl: :rofl: bonus points if u do!!

Gonthro
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
WEAR blue!

seriously, it makes you subconciously more approachable..

YCB
05-27-2004, 07:00 PM
hmmm ok.. i'll wear some black pants and a blue shirt.. with a collar!!

RC-Cola
05-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Depending on the job be also prepared to have a curve ball thrown at you, like "What would you consider your worst quality?". Try and ask questions, even if they are dumb ones, but try not to ask too many details about money/benefit (makes you look greedy), ask about the team atmosphere, company get togethers whatever.

It also helps to know a little about the company that your appling for, perhaps do a little searching on the internet about the company. The interviewer will always ask you why you want to work for their company and you had better be able to come up with something besides "I need the money". For example if your applying for a job at MacDonald's tell then you consider that MacDonalds is an excellent place to learn life long skills.

YCB
05-28-2004, 10:48 AM
actually i just got home from my interview. it went ok i think..

i did it through a job agency?? first time.. so i dunno i guess we'll see

plus did i screw myself by saying i wanted 10/hr for minmum wage?

what would you guys say if they asked what is ur minimum expected salary?? if u say 20 bux they be like fuck u.. if u say like 8 bux.. then u'll be screwed..??

Gonthro
05-28-2004, 10:52 AM
thats why you do soem research and aks someone who works there what the starting wage is. then put like 0.10 higher :P

Hakkola
05-28-2004, 11:00 AM
First of all, where is your interview?

YCB
05-28-2004, 11:07 AM
no no.. i already had it.. at the job bank which is like a agency.. they dont tell u where the job place is because if u know then why bother goin through the agency.. all i kwno its a place by race city..

SI-vic
05-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by YCB
no no.. i already had it.. at the job bank which is like a agency.. they dont tell u where the job place is because if u know then why bother goin through the agency.. all i kwno its a place by race city..

so you know the location
alright.... but do you at least know what the job position is???

Orbie
05-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by YCB

plus did i screw myself by saying i wanted 10/hr for minmum wage?

what would you guys say if they asked what is ur minimum expected salary?? if u say 20 bux they be like fuck u.. if u say like 8 bux.. then u'll be screwed..??

First off try not to think too much about the interview and how it went, it will drive you crazy. As long as you did the best you could it's really out of your hands now.

Also if I asked you what your expected salary was and you said $10/hr I would look at your strange and repeat the word SALARY. Is the job paying salary or hourly wages? If it was salary then you have to research to find what similar people are making doing a similar job. But since I don't know the position your applying for, I can't comment on that. Either way salary is expressed as a monthly or yearly rate. While hourly...well hourly is just that. So if someone asked me minimum salary expected, I could say $1,600/month or $20,000/year. On average I would say $10/hr for hourly is fine, again though depends on the job.

YCB
05-29-2004, 03:37 AM
ok cool thanks for the pointers.. next interview should be a snap! :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
05-29-2004, 05:35 PM
if u are doing interviews thru a job agency...they interview u to see what job ure suited for, they dont interview u for a specific position.