PDA

View Full Version : New member, old VW Bettle owner

Dogg
05-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Is this where new members come to intro themselves?
I might be outside of my league here, as I have never owned a Japanese car, however am here to acquire knowledge.

I have had a 1966 VW Beetle since 1990, which is an ongoing project. For 11 of those 14 years the Bug has been (is being used as) my daily ride. I have had a couple of different flat 4's in it, and am presently back to a stock early 70's 1600 while I build up something from crank to heads, with everything I have always wanted since I got "bitten by the bug"

Hovever the good ol' Beetle uses a gas heater, as you know, and mine does not work. I doubt I will ever fix it, and will buy a Japanese daily driver before next winter.

My wife has the "good car", (G35) and I rarely get to drive it, so my info is a bit misleading.

GingeRRRBeef
05-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Welcome to Beyond and enjoy your stay.

Everyone here is pretty much a sarcastic cynical asshole, including myself, so don't take us too seriously and have a good time!

Dogg
05-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Good to know.
I have been reading some of these posts.
Some are hilarious.

Thanks for the words of advice/warning.:)

ZorroAMG
05-28-2004, 03:43 PM
I had a 74 beetle convertible with the gas heater and man that was a pain in the A$$!!! Fun car though and chicks loved it...(I had 225 16's on it too :D)

Cyruss12
05-28-2004, 03:45 PM
I saw a 70's beetle once, but unfortunatley never had the luck to own one myself.

hockeybronx
05-31-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Dogg
I might be outside of my league here, as I have never owned a Japanese car, however am here to acquire knowledge.

To hell with the Japanese cars, lets Euro it up!

Oh yeah and welcome to Beyond.

hjr
05-31-2004, 12:35 AM
beetles are ok vehicles. not safe relative to todays standards (though safer than my kombi), but with lots of potential to go fast.