PDA

View Full Version : Who got flames tickets??

Kobe
05-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Man i tried, i was getting "wait 13 minutes" BS all the time..no way i could of got tickets :(

davidI
05-28-2004, 12:22 PM
I tried too. Didn't get them. I hate ticketmaster.ca. I often hear that they sell out in 7 minutes or blah blah blah but then why can't I get them at 12:01

Kobe
05-28-2004, 12:31 PM
if it says it once, dosn't mean its sold out..you need 2 keep trying.....it means its 2 busy right now..or some bs like that...

QuasarCav
05-28-2004, 12:36 PM
I tried, I failed.

Some other guy in my office got them though. Dont know how that works we all share the same connection.

Tickermaster=:banghead:

roopi
05-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Pretty simple. They received his request first.

bol
05-28-2004, 12:52 PM
I got a ticket!

Put it up on ebay. I'm a bastard and an opportunist! 12 bids in 30minutes. It's already almost doubled in price! hah

Kobe
05-28-2004, 01:27 PM
haha u bastered..where is it located.. :)

Gonthro
05-28-2004, 01:28 PM
as always i am SOL

lam-boy
05-28-2004, 01:59 PM
I GOT TICKETS HAHAHAH!!

CycloneAWD's computer = da shizzle my nizzle.

loaded up so fast haha. P2 power!

88CRX
05-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by bol
I got a ticket!

Put it up on ebay. I'm a bastard and an opportunist! 12 bids in 30minutes. It's already almost doubled in price! hah

thats not cool..... making money of the flames success is ghey :thumbsdow

Moonracer
05-28-2004, 05:41 PM
:D :D :D :D yeeeeeeeeaaaah I finally got tickets!!!
For me it was searching for about two minutes and bam....two nosebleeds....lol for saturday. But here's the kicker, my g/f and I handed in a ballot each at sportcheck yesterday and not more than two minutes after I got the tickets online I got a call.....from sportcheck. I now have two tickets for game four also. :clap: I was in shock, I know I didn't win the 6/49 or anything but in my 36 yrs I have never been to a playoff game let alone a stanley cup final. So naturally I excited. :tongue:

Dope Dealer
05-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Do you frown on bookies and gambling organizations too?

88CRX
05-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Do you frown on bookies and gambling organizations too?
what the fuck does that have to do with some guy being greedy making money of the calgary flames making it to the stanley cup finals.

Gonthro
05-28-2004, 07:32 PM

what the fuck does that have to do with some guy being greedy making money of the calgary flames making it to the stanley cup finals.

do you frown on fanattic and sport chek too?

they're the biggest criminals in this all

how bout the flames for charging thier sponsers up the ass, or thier sponsers for making money from the advertising its giving them

i dont know baout you, but if theres a buck to be made i'd rather be the one making it instead of some multimillion dollar oragnization

davidI
05-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

do you frown on fanattic and sport chek too?

they're the biggest criminals in this all

how bout the flames for charging thier sponsers up the ass, or thier sponsers for making money from the advertising its giving them

i dont know baout you, but if theres a buck to be made i'd rather be the one making it instead of some multimillion dollar oragnization

That's why the owners of the flames have been in the red the last several years :rolleyes:

Dope Dealer
05-28-2004, 07:41 PM

Whoa, hahaah...

I was just saying people make money on teams success all the time, how does this make it any different?

Gonthro
05-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by davidI

That's why the owners of the flames have been in the red the last several years :rolleyes:

because they didn;'t have a team the last several years, they'll be seein nothin but green this year, that'll make up for the last 15 years.

Moonracer
05-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Shit guys you shouldn't be complaining about all the money being made. It's good for this cities economy not to mentinon how great it is for the players. Let's enjoy it while we can, the fun won't last forever. :)

no_joke
05-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Me and my buddy gave it a shot at the office... We thought we were so close too!!! :banghead: :banghead:

We were waiting to connect for nearly 5 minutes so we thought our luck had finally turned. "Wait time less than 2 minutes" "... 1 minute" "less than 1 minute" "...more than 11 minutes :dunno: " Basically we were seeing messages we hadn't seen before and it was so close we could smell the air in the playoff zone before the start of a Stanley Cup final game. My heart raced as I reached for the pen in preparation of writing my confirmation number for when I would pick up my tickets. It was our time--- it was as if we were clawing away at the silty desert sand with the oasis in our sights...

"No available tickets found" :guns: :guns:

Scalpers, here I come. :cry: :cry:

By the way, does anyone have a guess as to how many ppl were trying to buy tickets? Just to throw out a number, I'd guess 50 000 - 60 000?

Moonracer
05-28-2004, 08:40 PM
oh I'm sure there were thousands, I was asking around at some of our clients offices and they were all trying. I rubbed it in their faces real good like they did to me in previous games...lol I walked in with my new flames shirt and my little flashy C pin. :rolleyes:

davidI
05-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

because they didn;'t have a team the last several years, they'll be seein nothin but green this year, that'll make up for the last 15 years.

Last I heard, they still aren't going to make any profits on the team yet. Even if they do, I am more than happy for them since they dished money into this team instead of moving it like most owners would have.

I'm happy to buy overpriced merchandise and beers to support a small market franchise like the flames. Hopefully there is no lock out next year and the flames do well again just so Ken King gets something out of his investment. :clap:

cujo_cjc
05-28-2004, 08:51 PM
i got a pair of tickets in the 300 section for $50 a pc after all that convnience charge crap

roopi
05-28-2004, 08:56 PM

Easy there superfan. You'll forget about it next season when you fall off the bandwagon.

Kobe
05-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by roopi

Easy there superfan. You'll forget about it next season when you fall off the bandwagon.

pretty sure anyone that waited all fucken night for tickets against vancouver is not on the bangwagon..unless there truely fucked up...

I remember he was there waiting...

88CRX
05-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

pretty sure anyone that waited all fucken night for tickets against vancouver is not on the bangwagon..unless there truely fucked up...

I remember he was there waiting...

thank you.... i have been a die hard fan since i moved here 7 years ago. 7 years ago when they weren't making the playoff i was at the dome watching games.... were you roppi?

and yes i camped out over night.... missed a class at school and almost failed it.... bandwagon jumper.... ok then. :rolleyes:

and yes i've gone broke buying tickets for all the games.... and actually i've had extra tickets several times, all of which i sold for face value to other real flames fans

CKY
05-31-2004, 12:56 AM
my friend's dad's workplace give out free tickets every game and he won 2 in the air canada section for game 4, lucky bastard....

403Gemini
05-31-2004, 01:08 AM
ive been a direhad fan since they had joel otto, joe neiuidyke (however you spell his fuckin name) vernon, mcinnis, fleury. man those were good days of hockey.

anyways, 88crx whats the biggy of somebody sellin tickets? so hes makin money, good for him. i dont see any difference of this and chicks flashing cause flames won a game. if anything, hes makin somethin outta it, all the chicks are doin is shootin themselves in the foot for future opportunities at occupations