PDA

View Full Version : invisible to radars/lasers

[GaGe]
10-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Perfectly legal in most states/provinces too! (http://www.technoscout.com/general/product/product.asp?product=185&Prod_Name=Phazer_II_Radar_Jammer&site=85870)

kenny
10-20-2002, 03:11 PM
Rocky Mountain Radar products are all crap and do not work. During some tests they actually increased the range in which the cops could target a car because of the antenna reflecting back the signal.

Look for reviews of their products all over the web.

MistaBrent
10-20-2002, 03:49 PM
they dont work!!!!!

i got a ticket by regular radar in montana using that.

it dosnt even detect the cops.

all it detected for me was taxis

was a hunk of junk

and i had the better version of the detector then that one .

I hate the $350 one.

got it confinscated during my speeding ticket in montana.

the guy says it was a $150 usd fine for having a jammer but he was nice and didnt give me a fine for it , just the $40 speeding ticket.

dont waste your money.

also technoscout dosnt ship to canada.

i bought mine off another radar site.

get an actual radar detector not a jammer.

from what i read jammers actually worked.

they do not.

[GaGe]
10-20-2002, 06:58 PM
yeah, i thought it'd be a fake so cops would give you a ticket.

Luke 96 T/A
10-25-2002, 01:01 AM
I've got a laser blinder right now...
somewhat legal (unless they ticket you for interfering with police business)
http://www.blinder.dk/

it actually DOES work.. I tried it out while a buddy was talking to the cops... (really chatting them up, hero-worship style...) they even let him handle the laser a couple of times...
Eitherway, I drove by 8 times... the gun brought up an error message 7 of those times... couldn't read my speed...
and this was in a huge '79 GMC Grande Seirra pickup truck... lots of chrome, lots of flat spots to bounce the laser off of, and my blinders were mounted incorrectly....
I'd love it if I could get them mounted on my T/A... but I don't have a grill to mount them in :(

P. Daddy Pedro
10-25-2002, 02:38 AM
Really? Thats wierd cuz i was looking at a bunch of radar detectors at futureshop, and i asked the guy who worked the department if he had and radar/laser scramblers and he said that they are illigal in canada. Is this true? or is he just the usual dumb retail punk that doesn't knw what the hell he's talking about?:banghead:

kenny
10-25-2002, 02:42 AM
Radar jammers = illegal, laser jammers = legal. Reason? the blinder laser jammer is just a set of LEDs with the right filter on it that pulses back at the correct rate to confuse the laser gun.

Luke 96 T/A
10-25-2002, 02:43 AM
Well.. I bought mine at Visions a few years back... sooooo ;-)
they're grey-market...
they can be considered an obstruction, but you CAN buy them in Canada, and you can ship them in as well...
radar jammers are different... something about emitting radiowaves and requiring broadcast licenses ;-)