PDA

View Full Version : Will Flames win the cup???

rayjui
05-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Check this link I got from the Flames forum:

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040521.wxflames0521/BNStory/Front/

crazyning
05-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Yes. Definitely. This proves that they are going to win it.

:)

illeagle
05-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I freaking hope so.

aiy_yah
05-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Well, she did predict that Tampa would beat Philly :dunno:

davidI
05-28-2004, 05:31 PM
I'll take her word for it!

88CRX
05-28-2004, 05:41 PM
YES.

rayjui
05-28-2004, 07:09 PM
I really hope Flames can win the cup this year, but it seems like Ms. Barlass was not too sure if it's this year or not (at least originally she thought it would be in 1995).

Another interesting thing is, people are saying there was a famous fortune teller in town (in January, 2004) saying that we will make into the final but won't win the cup this year; instead, will win it in 2005 or 2006. Remeber, he/she predicted that in January, which is really unbelievable.

Speed_Dreams
05-28-2004, 07:40 PM
i called at the start of the season that the flames would win the cup.

and at the start of the playoffs i predicted tampa and calgary in the cup.

does this make me a profit?

well kinda i have won over $100 betting for the flames and tampa :thumbsup:

AquamosH
05-28-2004, 09:26 PM
I see a really big fight in the third game. There's a tall player [for Tampa] and he's angry. He has his stick in the air and he's holding it like a sword."

Andreychuck? Roy? Guess we'll see tomorrow. :dunno:

Benny
05-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Well... The TSN monkey DID pick us...:thumbsup:

turbo_equiped
05-28-2004, 11:35 PM
NO SHIT!
HELL YEA THEY WILL!

hockeybronx
05-29-2004, 12:14 AM
I DON'T think they will win it.

I don't like the Flames at all, but they've done a lot better than my team (Leafs) did.

However I think the Flames are the Cinderella story of this year as Anaheim was last year and Carolina two years before that.

My prediction is Tampa Bay in 6, and Flames don't make the playoffs next year.

>flame suit being zipped up<

lam-boy
05-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

I don't like the Flames at all, but they've done a lot better than my team (Leafs) did.

However I think the Flames are the Cinderella story of this year as Anaheim was last year and Carolina two years before that.

&gt;flame suit being zipped up&lt;

wanna ride some money on your saying? :rofl:

flames will do better than the leafs next year again. haha.

Def_3
05-29-2004, 12:55 AM

&gt;flame suit being zipped up&lt; :thumbsdow

RSRT-4
05-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Flames in 6 and Toronto will not win the cup in your life time they are to full of them selfs like most of the people down east

88CRX
05-29-2004, 12:16 PM

hahahha........ah ..................haha..............................ahhhhh

thanks for that

RSeXy
05-29-2004, 07:02 PM
yay~

GO FLAMES. Of course Flames will win. Flames in 6. If its Flames in 7 I"ll die of a heart attack from all the tension.

GingeRRRBeef
05-29-2004, 08:06 PM

http://members.shaw.ca/yeunge/forum_pix/images/please_die.jpg

hockeybronx
05-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by RSRT-4
Flames in 6 and Toronto will not win the cup in your life time they are to full of them selfs like most of the people down east

And we complained about Chretien generalizing Westerners? Good point man, very insightful.:thumbsdow

Ben
05-29-2004, 08:43 PM
hahaha, good to see some supporters and some doubters from a while back earlier in the year. hahaha

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35693

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22953

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19052

BebeAphrodite
05-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Hmm.. in regards to the 'big fight' I wasn't completely attentive when I watched the game.
Was there a 'big fight'?

hockeybronx
05-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
Hmm.. in regards to the 'big fight' I wasn't completely attentive when I watched the game.
Was there a 'big fight'?

I don't know Iginla and Lecavalier it wasn't anything major. I still think Iginla's a punk for always fighting with his visor on but what am I gonna do.

liquid1010
05-29-2004, 10:59 PM

I don't know Iginla and Lecavalier it wasn't anything major. I still think Iginla's a punk for always fighting with his visor on but what am I gonna do.

He took his helmet off.... did you even watch the fight :rolleyes: Vinny left his on....

max_boost
05-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Anyway, I hope the Flames can sneak in and grab any playoff spot. I hope Kiprusoff can rebound from his injury and spark the Flames squad again.:thumbsup:

I predict the Maple Leafs to succumb to injury and get swept by Ottawa in Round 2:thumbsup:

Flames will be the Cinderella team of 2004 riding hot goaltending to the Finals. Conn Smythe will be up for grabs between Kippy and Iggy but the Flames will lose in 6 to the Senators. Talent always prevails in the Cup Finals.

Ok so I didn't pick them to win the cup, but none of you guys picked them for the finals either! haha:thumbsup:

lam-boy
05-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Ok so I didn't pick them to win the cup, but none of you guys picked them for the finals either! haha:thumbsup:

haha i did, even since the beginning. i always thought they would win. i've been saying it since their last stanley cup.

and to eminem, your just bitter laffs fan. hahaha

GTS Jeff
05-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by rayjui
Check this link I got from the Flames forum:

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040521.wxflames0521/BNStory/Front/ havent u ever heard of that famous room full of monkeys banging randomly on typewriters....if u wait long enough one of them will produce shakespeare..

Seanith
05-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

http://members.shaw.ca/yeunge/forum_pix/images/please_die.jpg

That picture only works when someones talking about Tupac :rolleyes:

Anyways, I know the flames are going to win. Tonights victory clenches it in my mind.

lam-boy
05-30-2004, 02:29 AM
"[The Flames] won't be playing Philadelphia. They'll be playing that other team [the Lightning]. I see a really big fight in the third game. There's a tall player [for Tampa] and he's angry. He has his stick in the air and he's holding it like a sword."

okay..

i know it doesn't seem "BIG" but its two "big" superstars of the NHL going at it. i guess shes on that.

and a tall player from tampa. angry...

Sarich 6 foot 3 inches.
he double handed slashed iggys stick (sword like swing?)
and he speared/poked iggy with his stick at the end as well (stabbing like a sword??)

GingeRRRBeef
05-30-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

I don't suppose we have to be talking about Jesus for me to use this one?! :dunno:

http://members.shaw.ca/yeunge/forum_pix/images/jesuslovesyou.jpg

GTS Jeff
05-30-2004, 03:09 AM

Anyways, I know the flames are going to win. Tonights victory clenches it in my mind. yea and words only work when used in the proper context...so what?

googe
05-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
&quot;[The Flames] won't be playing Philadelphia. They'll be playing that other team [the Lightning]. I see a really big fight in the third game. There's a tall player [for Tampa] and he's angry. He has his stick in the air and he's holding it like a sword.&quot;

okay..

i know it doesn't seem &quot;BIG&quot; but its two &quot;big&quot; superstars of the NHL going at it. i guess shes on that.

and a tall player from tampa. angry...

Sarich 6 foot 3 inches.
he double handed slashed iggys stick (sword like swing?)
and he speared/poked iggy with his stick at the end as well (stabbing like a sword??)

thats giving her too much credit. the description was so vague that we probably could find something to match it in every hockey game if we look...

like the nostradamus BS that people were all excited about on sept 11 :)

Seanith
05-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
yea and words only work when used in the proper context...so what?

So I guess things should be used in the right context then right?

CRXguy
05-30-2004, 12:08 PM
the flames will win, and i'll be rich! :rofl:

Wildcat
05-30-2004, 12:15 PM

dead :thumbsdow

Lennon
05-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
the flames will win, and i'll be rich! :rofl:

And if they don't?

As for if they will? I really think so. So far so good!

hockeybronx
05-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by liquid1010

He took his helmet off.... did you even watch the fight :rolleyes: Vinny left his on....

Excuse me? Yes I did watch the fight and I remember Vinny's first upercut smoked Iginla's visor, he didn't get the helmet off till half way through the fight.

"He took his helmet off?" what were you drunk?

lam-boy
05-30-2004, 02:49 PM

Excuse me? Yes I did watch the fight and I remember Vinny's first upercut smoked Iginla's visor, he didn't get the helmet off till half way through the fight.

&quot;He took his helmet off?&quot; what were you drunk?

eminem is right on thisone.

they were pushing and shoving iggys helment came halfway off and vinny took a swing at iginla but iggy pushed his helment back down and after trading shots both their helments came off.

RiCE-DaDDy
05-30-2004, 03:21 PM
if u fight and have a visor, that doesnt mean shit. They are comepletely unrelated to each other.

lam-boy
05-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
if u fight and have a visor, that doesnt mean shit. They are comepletely unrelated to each other.

well according to the "Tough" guys it makes you more of a pussy because it blocks your face.

man they just not stupid thats all, if you get a puck to the face that visor will save your ass.

and if you knock someone out, you hit them in the chin, not in the forehead.

Dj_Stylz
05-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Flames will win Game 6

GO FLAMES!!!!!!:bigpimp: :thumbsup: :) :D ;) :eek: :clap: :tongue: :angel:

A_3
05-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Flames in six!!!!!!!!!! Slim Shady are you still goin on about players wearing visors being pussy's, look what happend to Yzerman, i think it should be mandatory, there is no need for those types of injuries in hockey!

Super_Geo
05-30-2004, 04:06 PM
I still think Iginla's a punk for always fighting with his visor on but what am I gonna do.

Fart around in church camp and try on du-rags?

hyperwhite
05-30-2004, 04:56 PM
YES...in 6

Moe Man
05-30-2004, 05:12 PM
did anyone ever stop to think what will happen if we do win the cup witch now we have a 70 % chaance of doing. what do you think is going to happen on 17th ave?

RiCE-DaDDy
05-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
did anyone ever stop to think what will happen if we do win the cup witch now we have a 70 % chaance of doing. what do you think is going to happen on 17th ave?

I have a feeling its better to stay home if we win the cup haha

A_3
05-30-2004, 06:28 PM
17th ave will be INSANE!!!, i'm guessing there will be 70 000+ out there, the streat will be all but ruined in the morning, but hey, i think it's a just cause, GO FLAMES!

Moe Man
05-30-2004, 10:07 PM
the streat will be all but ruined in the morning,

ummm it wont be over in the morning

hockeybronx
05-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

I don't know if you have played hockey lots but I have, and I know that it's an unwritten rule that the tough guys will go without visors and the pussies will wear visors.

I wear a visor, I am a pussy, I don't go looking for fights but when fights come to me I wont back them down. There's been times where the guy will be chasing me and I'll say "lets take off our helmets". We throw our helmets off and fight like men.

Do I like Iginla? No. Is he tough, absolutely. I just think he should always throw his visor off if he's going to try and prove himself.

GTS Jeff
05-31-2004, 12:20 AM

I don't know if you have played hockey lots but I have, and I know that it's an unwritten rule that the tough guys will go without visors and the pussies will wear visors.

I wear a visor, I am a pussy, I don't go looking for fights but when fights come to me I wont back them down. There's been times where the guy will be chasing me and I'll say &quot;lets take off our helmets&quot;. We throw our helmets off and fight like men.

Do I like Iginla? No. Is he tough, absolutely. I just think he should always throw his visor off if he's going to try and prove himself. i think its fairly safe to say that iggy doesnt give a shit what u think.

CKY
05-31-2004, 12:34 AM
taking off helmets before a fight doesn't even exist anymore, go dl some old hockey fight videos and you'll see that in old hockey fight people take off their gloves AND helmets. nowadays, opponents hopes the other guy breaks their knuckles by hitting the helmet, the sportsmanship and respect for other players is fading away further and further

hockeybronx
05-31-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CKY
taking off helmets before a fight doesn't even exist anymore, go dl some old hockey fight videos and you'll see that in old hockey fight people take off their gloves AND helmets. nowadays, opponents hopes the other guy breaks their knuckles by hitting the helmet, the sportsmanship and respect for other players is fading away further and further

It's true but some guys still do it. Like last year, when Iginla and Guerin fought. Iginla took off his helmet and visor, and Guerin took off his helmet. That is the way it should be.

403Gemini
05-31-2004, 10:37 AM
hockey isnt about fighting tho (as much fun as it is seeing iginla beat the fuck outta everybody he fights tho... lol)

back on topic guys :thumbsup:

flames will probably win

lam-boy
05-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i think its fairly safe to say that iggy doesnt give a shit what u think.

hahaha niether does anyone else!

SLIMSHADY RECORDZZZ FO LIFE!
g g g g gUNIT!!

Seanith
05-31-2004, 04:53 PM

Do I like Iginla? No.

Why? Because hes black? :eek:

SoSlowDx
05-31-2004, 05:14 PM
FLAMES :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
06-01-2004, 12:18 AM

Why? Because hes black? :eek:

There comes a time where jokes that you probably didn't intend to be a big deal become distastefull.

I really don't think that was neccessary at all, and don't appreciate comments like that.

Anyways the series is 2-2 now, I'm still staying with Tampa in 6.

Kobe
06-01-2004, 12:20 AM

There comes a time where jokes that you probably didn't intend to be a big deal become distastefull.

I really don't think that was neccessary at all, and don't appreciate comments like that.

Anyways the series is 2-2 now, I'm still staying with Tampa in 6.

Sorry Slim Shady

SI-vic
06-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

Sorry Slim Shady

Why you apologizing for?
This was your first post in this thread, so your post was an obvious sarcastic apology in an effort to diss him......
a bit late on the bandwagon dissing

TalonVelocity
06-01-2004, 01:37 AM
back on topic: No.

Khyron
06-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Did Neminen get a suspension?

Khyron

Seanith
06-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron

Yeah i think ville the villain neminen did get one.. what a retard first hitting cujo now this?

accordboi_02
06-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron

Decision will be handed down tomorrow most probably. He better not get one, considering Stillman's hit didn't warrant a suspension either.
I fucking hate the NHL and its refs/disciplinarians right now. :banghead:

Fluidic
06-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Well... this settles it.

I'm going to bet 5grand on the Flames winning against Tampa for the cup.

Sure hope I'm not wrong. ;)

hockeybronx
06-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic
Well... this settles it.

I'm going to bet 5grand on the Flames winning against Tampa for the cup.

Sure hope I'm not wrong. ;)

Thank you for telling us all that.